It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transnistria asks to annex it to Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

www.unian.info...

According to “Vedomosti” newspaper, on behalf of the Supreme Soviet of unrecognized republic its chairman Mikhail Burla sent an address to chairman of the State Duma of the RF Sergey Naryshkin with a request to stipulate in the Russian legislation a possibility of annexation of Transnistria to Russia.

Domino effect .....

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

This is going to keep the map makers busy . I would think like you a domino effect is very likely . Draw some really hard lines in the sand and to think Putin is doing it without blowing people up . Genius ..:>)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

If indeed there were to be a domino effect Russia should probably keep in mind why the CCCP fell apart in the first place!

Communist style economics and a sustained cold war did not exactly work out to well last time.

edit on 18-3-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

andy06shake
reply to post by maddy21

If indeed there were to be a domino effect Russia should probably keep in mind why the CCCP fell apart in the first place. Communist style economics and a sustained cold war did not exactly work out to well last time round now did it?

Russian Federation is not Communist. What year are you living in?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sparklez

No there the pinnacle of the modern democracy!
LoL

I'm not suggesting the current administration is communist just that communism didn't work last time.

Which is not to say that that particular form of government will never rear its head again!

edit on 18-3-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
While seemingly insignificant to many, a quick look at the map and you can see how the 'circle of doom' is being created around the Ukrane.

Here's a wee bit of info on Transnistria for those not so familiar . . .

Transnistria Population : 517.963, Area : 4,163 km2 (1,607 sq mi)
Transnistria Capital : Tiraspol, Largest City : Tiraspol
Languages : Russian, Moldovan (Cyrillic), Ukrainian, Ethnicity : 32.1% Moldovans, 30.4% Russians, 28.8% Ukrainians, 2.5% Bulgarians, 6.2% others.

Source

If I was Moldovian or Romanian, this wouldn't be giving me a real warm and fuzzy.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

GoalPoster
While seemingly insignificant to many, a quick look at the map and you can see how the 'circle of doom' is being created around the Ukrane.

Languages : Russian, Moldovan (Cyrillic), Ukrainian, Ethnicity : 32.1% Moldovans, 30.4% Russians, 28.8% Ukrainians, 2.5% Bulgarians, 6.2% others.

Source

If I was Moldovian or Romanian, this wouldn't be giving me a real warm and fuzzy.

Mean while, back in reality, people of Moldova and Romania are not shaking in their boots at night. I know, because I know many from there.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

sparklez

GoalPoster

Source

Mean while, back in reality, people of Moldova and Romania are not shaking in their boots at night. I know, because I know many from there.

Very cool!

What is the overall mood like there . . . are they passing this off as 'much ado about nothing' or is there at least some concern?

It's cool that you know people from there . . . kind of a great opportunity for some insight as to how people in that area are really feeling about this.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

GoalPoster

sparklez

GoalPoster

Source

Very cool!

What is the overall mood like there . . . are they passing this off as 'much ado about nothing' or is there at least some concern?

It's cool that you know people from there . . . kind of a great opportunity for some insight as to how people in that area are really feeling about this.

Why don't you book a holiday and go there sometime. Boost their economy a little, open your eyes to some culture.
edit on 18-3-2014 by sparklez because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Moldova tells Russia: don't eye annexation here

CHISINAU (Reuters) - The president of ex-Soviet Moldova warned Russia on Tuesday against considering any move to annex his country's separatist Transdniestria region in the same way that it has taken control of Crimea in Ukraine.

The president's comments came one day after the speaker of Transdniestria's separatist parliament, during a trip to Moscow, urged Russia to incorporate his mainly Russian-speaking region, which split away from Moldova in 1990.

Moldovan President Nicolae Timofti said Russia would be making a "mistake" if it agreed to the request for annexation from Transdniestria's parliamentary speaker, Mikhail Burla.

"This is an illegal body which has taken no decision on inclusion into Russia," Timofti told a news conference.

"I believe that Burla's actions are counter-productive and will do no good for either Moldova or Russia. And if Russia makes a move to satisfy such proposals, it will be making a mistake," he said.

Click link for remainder of article.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

sparklez

Why don't you book a holiday and go there sometime. Boost their economy a little, open your eyes to some culture.

Why don't you just answer the question?

Not all of us have the means to be able to book a holiday to a destination so far away!

You sound like you could do with some cultcha yourself mate

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

sparklez

GoalPoster

sparklez

GoalPoster

Source

Very cool!

Wait, you have first person connections in the region (i.e friends/acquaintances) and a poster asks you for accurate feelings from the area. So you...blow them off and tell them to book a trip instead of answering as best possible?? WTH kind of response is that?

To the topic at hand, this should be interesting to watch. Domino effect indeed, what areas from other neighboring countries may follow this? And willingly, or by outside "encouragement"?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I've been fished by the best and I've learned not to take the bait. After perusing this cat's other posts, I can best sum the efforts as 'troll'.

And, unfortunately, despite my interest in how those folks are feeling, Transnistria hasn't quite made it to the short list of places I'd be willing to spend my hard-earned dollars and accrued vacation time, especially if this character is representative of the kind of people I'd meet along my travels. I get the feeling I'd feel as welcome as a wet fart in a white suit.

So, I guess I'll just have to live my life without the grace of knowing how these folks feel about the mess going on over there, or at least this person's observations of such.

Somehow, though, I think I'll survive.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Nyiah
So you...blow them off and tell them to book a trip instead of answering as best possible?? WTH kind of response is that?

It's the response you got, so be grateful for it or don't ask questions.

The US media has done a very good job in whipping up the fears of the sheeple. They really think Russia is after some kind of Neo-Soviet Union.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Nolimits

Nyiah
So you...blow them off and tell them to book a trip instead of answering as best possible?? WTH kind of response is that?

It's the response you got, so be grateful for it or don't ask questions.

The US media has done a very good job in whipping up the fears of the sheeple. They really think Russia is after some kind of Neo-Soviet Union.

Those fears could be lessened if those who have direct knowledge of the area could actually answer the questions the people ask rather than treating them like crap and telling them to be grateful because they got a response.

Why make the claim if you aren't going to answer the questions?

As far as grateful goes, that term seems to be lost on people, especially those who refuse to answer the very questions they accuse the media of distorting.

So how about some humility and take the time to "correct" the msm by answering the questions. Unless your response is to suggest that if they wanted to be ignored and treated like crap to go visit the places you guys are from?

Which is it?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
As far as i have understood journalists making stories on Transnistria they are in a sense already russian. The ties between moscow and tiraspol is just like moscow and any other russian city. In that sense there should be no reason for Russia to make any moves at all since they already have a certain "control" over the place. That´s how i understood it anyway..

top topics

join