It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Should America Do?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Hello everyone. I would like to take this opportunity to ask what you think America should do in response to the recent actions of Russia in the Ukraine.

This greatest country in the world, America seems to be losing its strength and fading out. Personally, I think we still can come back. What I think we need right now is patriotism and balls. The idea of going to war with Russia is a scary one. But I would rather fight a losing battle than to slowly fade away without doing anything. And I dont think war with Russia would necessarily be a losing battle.

Sanctions aren't enough. Russia has their own sanctions too. They are unaffected by our retaliation. I think we need to send them a stronger message. I think we need to do what they are doing. I think we need to occupy a Russian allied country, take all their oil, and transform their government into one led by the people of that area. I dont know exactly which country would fit this description, but I think thats what we need to do to get back on top where we belong as the greatest nation on earth.

How would Russia respond? They wont use nukes. That would be stupid. They might use other military options, though. But, if we do nothing, then we will be weak, and they will take over. As far as Im concerned, Russia has already made their first move. To me, it looks like a deliberate act of war. And so we need to nip this in the bud. I believe America is the greatest country in the world, and its time we started acting like it. With patriotism. If we do nothing, then we already lost. America is the world's last hope for a free world. Thats why it is important that we come out on top.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Honestly? Nothing...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Merca needs to stay on the porch.

We've got enough problems of our own to deal with. Let Putin roll through Europe the way Hitler did. Nobody's calling him a Nazi. They're calling the Ukrainians Nazis instead. And what a cluster that turned out to be. Thanks Nuland, Kerry, and the whole of the Obama* administration.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I do not believe another war against another country is what we need right now, but I can understand why you would say that. I think we need radical change to our own country before we attempt to tell another country what it can or cannot do. We currently are an impoverished nation with over 100 million in poverty. Then there is the whole dollar crises that we have failed to even recognize as a nation. Lets not forget our over stretched and war weary military, who are currently "doing more with less". Plus the division in our populace has become to wide for anyone to agree with another conflict. I would say that the war we need to be fighting is here at home, but we already have a "war on poverty", "war on drugs", "war on domestic terrorism", "war on immigrants", "war on gays and lesbians", "war on women", and even a "war on Christmas". Sadly, I am concerned that the next "war" America enters may be its last.

I would think that the last century of American aggression is what made our country weak. Especially since we find ourselves with no one except the same old allies by our side, meanwhile the lists of those countries who would love to see our nation dismantled, ever grows. Anymore acts of aggression are likely to be the straw that breaks the worlds back. This is all just educated opinion though.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Open the keystone pipeline for starters.

This is the weakness of the Obama administration after all. Instead of listening to foreign governments that want to tell us how to regulate energy. He should take his foot from his mouth and put his money where his mouth is.

If the US wasn't so bust pandering and laundering money to foreign governments we would have all ducks in a row. In stead, Mr Obama bows down to all his communist heroes is an embarrassing blow of musical of monty python.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
It's not really our business what is going on over there
And don't you think we are already occupying enough countries that we really have no business in
As far as being the best and strongest country ,that is quickly becoming untrue . We are loosening out freedom at home at a scary rate and don't seem to be able to stop it . Until we can act like a country that can stand together and keep things at home under control then we need to stop telling the world that what they are doing is wrong .

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
What Americans need to do is WAKE UP. We have been systematically destroyed from within on all fronts. We are allowing psychopaths run our economy, energy, banking, foreign policy, prison system, education, agriculture, and health care. Really name any industry and there is a common thread of lunatics in power, while they lull all of the sheep to sleep with the 2 party hyprocrisy of a system called laughably democracy.

They addict our children to drugs, crippling them from as early of an age as they can, created a nation of junkies with the miracle pharmaceuticals, dumb everyone down by only teaching in a way that strenghens the left side of the brain, entertainment which is fitted for the morally bankrupt. So you want to know what America should do it is leave the rest of the world alone and grow some balls and do some spring cleaning at home.
edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331amTuesday12 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Mind our business! Stay out of it, and try to fix what's wrong with THIS country!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
IN a stupid sort of reply to my own comment. Obama tries to weaken and cripple the nation at every whim and every chance he has. There is no more reason to believe in him, there is only reason to doubt him. Every chance he has he plays for the enemy, this is like an ongoing joke slash hell. He doesn't want to help so lets quit playing the games with each other and get on with the truth. He wants the destruction of america as bad as putin does there is no doubt. Lets quit playing the trivial bs what if games and get with the here and now.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

smithjustinb

America is the world's last hope for a free world. Thats why it is important that we come out on top.

My heart stopt there for a minute....

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I'm with some of the others.

We should keep to our damned selves. What makes America so great, benevolent, and wise that we have the audacity to think we know what is best for everybody on the face of this planet?? Who says that everyone else's way is the wrong way simply because it is not our way?

We are crumbling ourselves, so obviously our model of "How To Run Things Successfully" is not a bestseller.

People do not hate us because we have (the illusion) great freedom and great toys. They hate us because we don't mind our own business. We leave chaos and destruction in our wake every time we "HELP" another country with their "Issues".

The key word being... "Their", not ours.

How about we let Putin come over here, guns blazing promoting his idea of "A Better/Right Way"? I am thinking that he wouldn't be met by many with flowers and candy.

edit on 3/18/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Mind its own business for a change rather than meddling yet again where theyre not wanted nor needed .. theyve done enough damage with their meddling already ..

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
America needs to STFU and GTFO.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I don't know how much war you have seen , but it's not as much fun as it seems.

We need limited isolation.

Point for point tariff and taxation on ALL goods being brought into the country from any point in the world for any reason. Let other countries build their economies and we can build ours. We need to re-establish out industrial base and renew our infrastructure. We have lapsed behind by decades in some road and bridge projects. All so that some third world countries could enjoy cell phones like the good ol' US of A. It's BS.

Stand behind our true allies. ALWAYS. Never doubt that for a moment.

Cut ties with our fair weather friends and stop giving money and arms to our outright enemies.

Most of all we must do what we can to survive the remaining Obama years and then weather the new Clinton years that will follow. Yes, she will promise more free stuff and more change, yes we are all doomed, and yes it will still be Bush's fault somehow

We could beat Russia eventually. Our gear is better and it would come down to gear in the end. However, the beginning and the middle would be a bloody affair I promise you that.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Why does America have to do anything?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Play right into what is wanted? From any side? Here are two examples,

“I am afraid that I am interested in a cold war with the West,” said Mr. Prokhanov, 76, in a lull between interviews on state-controlled television and radio. “I was very patient. I waited for 20 years. I did everything I could so that this war would begin. I worked day and night.”
Source

Russian Writer (ex Pravda) Alexander Andreyevich Prokhanov

“Ukraine, a new and important space on the Eurasian chessboard, is a geopolitical pivot because its very existence as an independent country helps to transform Russia. Without Ukraine, Russia ceases to be a Eurasian empire.” — Zbigniew Brzezinski

continued...

"However, if Moscow regains control over Ukraine, with its 52 million people and major resources as well as access to the Black Sea, Russia automatically again regains the wherewithal to become a powerful imperial state, spanning Europe and Asia."

Brzezinski source

Zbigniew Brzezinski US politician( political scientist, geostrategist)

edit on 18-3-2014 by dreamingawake because: ETA

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

smithjustinb
Hello everyone. I would like to take this opportunity to ask what you think America should do in response to the recent actions of Russia in the Ukraine.

This greatest country in the world, America seems to be losing its strength and fading out. Personally, I think we still can come back. What I think we need right now is patriotism and balls. The idea of going to war with Russia is a scary one. But I would rather fight a losing battle than to slowly fade away without doing anything. And I dont think war with Russia would necessarily be a losing battle.

Sanctions aren't enough. Russia has their own sanctions too. They are unaffected by our retaliation. I think we need to send them a stronger message. I think we need to do what they are doing. I think we need to occupy a Russian allied country, take all their oil, and transform their government into one led by the people of that area. I dont know exactly which country would fit this description, but I think thats what we need to do to get back on top where we belong as the greatest nation on earth.

How would Russia respond? They wont use nukes. That would be stupid. They might use other military options, though. But, if we do nothing, then we will be weak, and they will take over. As far as Im concerned, Russia has already made their first move. To me, it looks like a deliberate act of war. And so we need to nip this in the bud. I believe America is the greatest country in the world, and its time we started acting like it. With patriotism. If we do nothing, then we already lost. America is the world's last hope for a free world. Thats why it is important that we come out on top.

lol, what a post. Captain Murica has spoken.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

smithjustinb
What Should America Do?

At this point? Sit down and behave like adults.

Start honest talks about the set of international laws we used to have (remember?),
own up to the fact that NATO themselves broke same laws over and over again, and acknowledge that we NEED those laws and rules in order to survive on this planet, and that they must apply, either to all of us, or to none.

**eta:
Silly thing to add, but I just want to remind all the "armchair generals" of the results of WW3-wargames: THERE IS NO WINNER.
edit on 18-3-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

I agree with you -

What people truly don't understand, is that this is a war between the federal reserve (privately owned, not an american gov't bank) which also runs the IMF, World Bank and is closely associated with the UN -- the banksters (roschilds, morgans, ect. - the big "western" which really means british and jewish banks - Goldman sachs, bank of america, citibank, ect...) are fighting over the USpetro dollar and the BRICS nations establishing a competitor "world bank" and using the chinese yuan as the petrodollar. BRICS nations are Brazil, Russia, China, India and South Africa.

The "western banksters" need world war 3 - they make money on it - the industrial sale of weapons makes them money - they supply both sides of the war.

Ron Paul isn't crazy when he says "end the fed". and the interest we pay to "print our own money in america" and the HUGE selling of the BRICS nations of our national debt - because they have been nationally buying gold (something to actually back their currency).

Remember - all wars are bankster's wars - and they make money as the "little people" get their children killed off.
edit on 18-3-2014 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

If you doubt that this "WW3" scenario hasn't been set up for decades - Ask yourself "Why has the EU depended on Russia to supply them with oil for heating their homes and other energy?"

They couldn't see a problem coming?

Russia can - and has - just shut their spicket off.

Why isn't the US selling oil to the EU?

Makes you think, doesn't it?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join