It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conversation About Abortion you need to read!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
futur parents should be oblidged to pass a 'test' prior to having children..because the fact is; not everyone is qualified for such a task as parenthood...as for the accidental conceptions, which is what this seems to be about, well, sorry, you just FAILED THE TEST......
This isn't a third world country, here. We all know where babies come from... and we do have access to contraception. This isn't ground breaking technology.....girls; if you're not ready for children, take the pill....boys, buy a rubber.
........unbelievable......

...get to the root of the problem....please

We would not be having this discussion if people who clearly aren't ready for children would simply use contraception. Problem solved...no?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dupw25
I have a question. Could you (anyone) kill someone and not think twice about it? Could you live the rest of your life knowing you killed someone?

Two questions there, here are the answers:

1. I don't know, I guess it will depend on the situation, if it ever happens. For example, I think I'd have remarkably little difficulty killing someone threatening the lives of my family.

2. Probably quite easily. Sure, there'd be regrets, but I wouldn't be about to put a gun to my own head. Of course, after I've killed someone I'll actually be able to answer this one from a position of authority on the subject, so, until then, the answers are as rhetorical as the questions.

I'm sorry but I could never live with the regret of killing something, especially my own child.

Must be a vegan, then.

There is adoption. There are choices, other than abortion.

No. Not always.

Really who the hell are you anyway?

Good question. Who the hell are you to tell a woman what to do with her body?

Choosing who lives and who dies, like it's your responsibility or something.

Define the word "who".

Like the death penalty, which I am against.

So am I. Totally different argument.

You can not just choose to kill someone. There is no way in hell that it is your right.

Now define "someone". And again, tell me what right you have to dictate what a woman does with her body.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dupw25
I have a question. Could you (anyone) kill someone and not think twice about it? Could you live the rest of your life knowing you killed someone?

I'm sorry but I could never live with the regret of killing something, especially my own child. There is adoption. There are choices, other than abortion.

Really who the hell are you anyway? Choosing who lives and who dies, like it's your responsibility or something. Like the death penalty, which I am against. You can not just choose to kill someone. There is no way in hell that it is your right.

And who the hell are you to involve yourself in what is always a difficult decision, but which is a private decision? About 5 years ago my sister had an abortion. She and her husband agonised over it, but frankly given their lives at that time they felt that they had no choice but to go ahead with it. Given the fact that they have now split up (due to his having his head near his colon) that decision was the right one. But it was theirs and theirs alone. The family had no say, because it wasn't our problem and we were not going to intrude. That was the right call too. We gave advice but we did not deliver any judgements. To do so would have been hypocritical.
Sometimes there are no other options. Abortion is an unpleasant fact of life. Deal with it.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It would now appear the Roe V Wade is in trouble. The Supreme Court now has a 5-4 advantage for the most part.....I could think of no better thread to say this in!

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I think a woman should have the right to choose and it should be a private matter between her and her partner. After all we still do have this thing called privacy, so far. And its nobodies business but their own. And as for these so called "pro lifers" if you don't like abortions then don't have them. And quit sticking your noses into other peoples private matters.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by UScitizen

As someone who had an abortion, it IS my business to warn others against THE murder they might do in ignorance.
Vietnam vets came back with the burdens of having killed innocents and some still have trouble with it.
A woman killing her (more than likely VIABLE) child by saline or D and x, or partial birth is murder! They are uninformed to the fact that the child has hands and feet at 6 weeks! They are uninformed to the nightmares and guilt they WILL have!
I lived with it for 4 years until I asked Jesus to forgive me.
Be informed Ladies and possible Fathers!

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by UScitizen

As someone who had an abortion, it IS my business to warn others against THE murder they might do in ignorance.

The term murder implies malice of intent which is an ignorant judgment. You are just using it as a buzzword.

A woman killing her (more than likely VIABLE) child

Most abortions are done in the first trimestor so more than likely it would not be viable.

While you are asking for Jesus' forgiveness.. you might want to ask him about not judging others and FREE WILL. Making it YOUR business shows you do not respect the free will of others.. and accusing them of murder shows you have appointed yourself their judge.

..I hope god doesn't mind job sharing.

[edit on 18-11-2007 by riley]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The term murder implies malice of intent which is an ignorant judgment. You are just using it as a buzzword.

No!! The label murder doesn't rest upon malice or good intentions!!!

To know what you're doing and kill someone IS murder.

Most abortions are done in the first trimestor so more than likely it would not be viable.

I mean if the woman would leave it unmolested it would be 'viable'!

While you are asking for Jesus' forgiveness.. you might want to ask him about not judging others and FREE WILL. Making it YOUR business shows you do not respect the free will of others.. and accusing them of murder shows you have appointed yourself their judge.

BTW, how old are you? 17?
Jesus forgave me when I asked for forgiveness and turned my life over to him.
These women don't need condemnation, but, without the truth of the evil of this hienous medical procedure, they will live with an excruciating hole in thier hearts as I did!
So many young guys flout "Let women do what they want to do, it's thier body, thier concience" AND you won't have to pay child support.
The man is EVERY bit as accountable if he lets her have the baby murdered!

God doesn't mind sharing his son to die so that we could be FORGIVEN.

BTW, do you know how the first trimester saline abortion actually snuffs the life out of a kicking little baby????
It burns them alive. What about a D and X?
The doctor reaches into the uterus with forceps and pulls pieces of the baby out and the nurse inventories to make sure ALL the PIECES are there, The legs the arms the head! With No Pain KIller for baby!
Tell me if our animals are treated better, where is the outrage?????

YOU don't even want to know about partial birth.
Do you know how I came to know these things? Not through the abortion mill, they handed me a pamphlet, as a teenager, that looked like the things you find in prescription drug packages. I couldn't understand it.!!! But, later when I went to volunteer at a non-profit crisis pregnancy center, I found out.

I started crying, in front of strangers when I found out what a D and X procedure ( the kind I had) actually was! You're a guy, so don't tell me how to accept this EVIL!
I now have three extraordinary children, and a loving husband. I even (before I was married) talked to the aborted babies dad and told him how hard it was and that Jesus forgave me.
If ONE person had told me to keep it and put it up for adoption or struggle to provide for it, I probably would have.
I'll meet him or her in heaven.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClearskiesNo!! The label murder doesn't rest upon malice or good intentions!!!

The definition of murder is killing someone with malice intent and illegally. The term murder presumes a motive of malice. It's in the dictionary.

To know what you're doing and kill someone IS murder.

Murder involves killing a born person.

I mean if the woman would leave it unmolested it would be 'viable'!

'If' is not what you said. You said most are viable when they're not.

I am sorry you did something you regret and am glad you have found solice within religion. Thats your choice.

BTW, how old are you? 17?

Old enough to be able to make responsible choices for myself and to allow others to do the same. Whats your point?

Jesus forgave me when I asked for forgiveness and turned my life over to him.

..yet you abuse and judge people in his name..?

These women don't need condemnation, but, without the truth of the evil of this hienous medical procedure, they will live with an excruciating hole in thier hearts as I did!

The condemnation is in fact a sin in itself.. so is not respecting the free will of others. So it's not okay to sin in one way yet it's okay to sin in another? You have no moral highground to preach from.

So many young guys flout "Let women do what they want to do, it's thier body, thier concience"

again.. free will. Core princible of christianity.

AND you won't have to pay child support.
The man is EVERY bit as accountable if he lets her have the baby murdered!

I agree men should be accountable for unwanted pregnancy but again for him to dictate to the woman what choice to make would be imposing on her free will.

God doesn't mind sharing his son to die so that we could be FORGIVEN.

I'm sure [if he existed] that he would mind sharing his job with you though.. but you seem to enjoy the power in it.

BTW, do you know how the first trimester saline abortion actually snuffs the life out of a kicking little baby????
It burns them alive.

As far as I know they usually perform surgical abortions not saline ones.

What about a D and X?
The doctor reaches into the uterus with forceps and pulls pieces of the baby out and the nurse inventories to make sure ALL the PIECES are there, The legs the arms the head!

I actually researched it the last time this was debated. I'm well aware thanks.

With No Pain KIller for baby!

sorry wrong again... if the mother is given a general so is the fetus. I'm sure she could probably ask for one.

Tell me if our animals are treated better, where is the outrage?????

Pets are given abortions too.. in fact animals in the wild know just what plants to eat to induce abortion when resources are scarce. I'd look it up and post it but somehow I don't think you're interested in learning about it.

YOU don't even want to know about partial birth.
Do you know how I came to know these things?

Personally I'm not comfortable with the idea of partial birth abortion unless it's medially needed as the fetus is a baby at that point [third trimestor]. They are also only 1% of all abortions so I'm guessing this is the case anyway.

Not through the abortion mill,

Well.. you've really have been given the how to be a prolifer crash course. You know all the catch phrases and everything!

they handed me a pamphlet, as a teenager, that looked like the things you find in prescription drug packages. I couldn't understand it.!!!

It's a shame you didn't have some with you that could explain it.

But, later when I went to volunteer at a non-profit crisis pregnancy center, I found out. I started crying, in front of strangers when I found out what a D and X procedure ( the kind I had) actually was!

..so the abortion clinic didn't show you diagrams of what you were consenting to? In aus apparently they have counceling and make sure the woman knows what she's doing. There is also a wealth of information available on the net as well. Most women can find out all the facts [or propoganda] if they want.. I'm surprised you didn't do any research before you started volunteer work.

You're a guy, so don't tell me how to accept this EVIL!

1. Never said I was a guy.
2. Don't have another abortion if you consider it evil and don't want to accept evil. I'm not forcing you to do anything.. I'm just asking you to respect the personal decisions of others. There's nothing stopping from supporting the women who choose not to have abortions.. abusing the ones that do though just makes you sound like you think you are morally superior while showing you're not.

I now have three extraordinary children, and a loving husband.

Congratulations.. I am happy for you.. though they may not exist if your life had not have taken the course it did.

I even (before I was married) talked to the aborted babies dad and told him how hard it was and that Jesus forgave me.

I hope he appreciates and respects the pain you went through.

If ONE person had told me to keep it and put it up for adoption or struggle to provide for it, I probably would have.

Only one person? Sounds like you were just waiting for someone's else's permission. I do not think a woman should have to ask for someone else's permission to abort or continue a pregnancy. I am truly sorry if you were coreced into having an abortion and I am against people doing so. I am pro choice not pro abortion and believe a womans choice should be respected as she is the one who has to live with it.

I'll meet him or her in heaven.

If thats what you believe I'm sure you will.

[edit on 20-11-2007 by riley]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join