It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All the Cancer TV/Radio comercials are subconsciously programming people to get Cancer?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Just a quick note***
I purposefully avoid TV and commercial radio, and get my News via a number of indy-online sources.

So I'm hanging out with Family this weekend (Live in the Midwest/USA), and the TV is on and I notice, pretty much every other commercial is about Cancer and all sorts of different channels, but I leave it alone.

Then I go hang out with my sister and we're having a writing session in her writing room (both working on books). She's got some relaxing spanish guitar music playing on Pandora Internet radio and guess what????? Cancer Commercials!!!! 2 of them in 1 hour!!!!!

I have this feeling that all these Cancer commercials are actually subconsciously programming people to develop Cancer. My sister brought this to my attention as a possible theory.

What you say ATS Folks????

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
wouldn't that also mean that weight loss ads would make me lose weight without having to exercise?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

okamitengu
wouldn't that also mean that weight loss ads would make me lose weight without having to exercise?

go to your local gym between january 2nd and March 1st...then compare to August...... collective conscious via new year resolutions brought to you by tv/radio ads....

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I have to be honest , i have noticed what seems like more and more people getting cancer . It seems everyone i talk to their relative has cancer or they know someone with cancer. I have also noticed an increase in cancer treatment advertisements.

While i doubt it's the "programming" giving people cancer ,i Don't doubt the fact that this is a huge huge ordeal ,being covered/swept under the rug. It's obvious these advertising companies have knowledge of the rise in cancer cases..

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

dominicus

okamitengu

go to your local gym between january 2nd and March 1st...then compare to August...... collective conscious via new year resolutions brought to you by tv/radio ads....

do you work for my local gym?

my statement was one that points out no TV commercial can do anything on its own. a lot of those "gym memberships" are due to "new years resolutions" not tv commericials.
like comparing chalk and faeces.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

okamitengu

dominicus

okamitengu

do you work for my local gym?

my statement was one that points out no TV commercial can do anything on its own. a lot of those "gym memberships" are due to "new years resolutions" not tv commericials.
like comparing chalk and faeces.

the comparison holds valid weight. Go to other countries which do not have get in shape infomercials playing all night, and you will see a different set of new years resolutions and priorities compared to physical appearance in the west. its a valid comparison. Whats in the ether is brainwashing the collective towards a specific bias...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

dominicus
Just a quick note***
I purposefully avoid TV and commercial radio, and get my News via a number of indy-online sources.

So I'm hanging out with Family this weekend (Live in the Midwest/USA), and the TV is on and I notice, pretty much every other commercial is about Cancer and all sorts of different channels, but I leave it alone.

Then I go hang out with my sister and we're having a writing session in her writing room (both working on books). She's got some relaxing spanish guitar music playing on Pandora Internet radio and guess what????? Cancer Commercials!!!! 2 of them in 1 hour!!!!!

I have this feeling that all these Cancer commercials are actually subconsciously programming people to develop Cancer. My sister brought this to my attention as a possible theory.

Nah, I think your Cancer hypothesis doesn't hold much H2O.. Sorry.
The main reasons IMO are poor diet, including Alcohol and Tobacco consumption. Carcinogen exposure. Also, contamination of food and water supplies.
Cancer is big business!
edit on 17-3-2014 by DenyFlatulence because: adding to post.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I have not yet developed hard core abs from watching endless ab commercials every night for the 18 months of being laid up in a bed (nasty accident) and don't get me started on the extenze infomercials.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I think they know that cancer is going to start skyrocketing. I also think that is the real reason behind the ACA and it's attempt to get everyone paying into the system and the accompanying huge rise in deductibles.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

thesaneone

I have not yet developed hard core abs from watching endless ab commercials every night for the 18 months of being laid up in a bed (nasty accident) and don't get me started on the extenze infomercials.

Let me guess, you drive a Hummer.
Or perhaps a vette?

You sets em up. I knocks em down!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Thoughts are the seeds of our physical realities.
It is important that we censure what we allow to enter and take hold in our minds; this is because we wish to manifest a wholesome experience. This is weeding the garden, disallowing unwholesome impressions and consideration.
Constant consideration of disease, I think, may promote diseases in the body. And to focus in a healthy state mentally, encourages healing physically.
It follows that, esoterically, it would be healthiest for the mind to not consider cancer at all, rather than constantly holding the IDEA of cancer- particularly in the fear-based sense in which the commercial is presenting it.

I understand the premise of the original post.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

DenyFlatulence
Or perhaps a vette?

Pfft. I drive a International CXT.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

dominicus

the comparison holds valid weight. Go to other countries which do not have get in shape infomercials playing all night, and you will see a different set of new years resolutions and priorities compared to physical appearance in the west. its a valid comparison. Whats in the ether is brainwashing the collective towards a specific bias...

correlation does not prove causality. there are a myriad of factors besides TV commercials that can cause both gym memberships OR cancer in our society.

leaping directly to subconscious spontaneous contraction of cancer from an anticancer ad is ... well... lunacy

get a grant, do a study, prove or disprove your hypothesis ... then we can argue some more.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

thesaneone

DenyFlatulence
Or perhaps a vette?

Pfft. I drive a International CXT.

lmao!
Well played sir. well played..

edit on 17-3-2014 by DenyFlatulence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

ecapsretuo
Thoughts are the seeds of our physical realities.
It is important that we censure what we allow to enter and take hold in our minds; this is because we wish to manifest a wholesome experience. This is weeding the garden, disallowing unwholesome impressions and consideration.
Constant consideration of disease, I think, may promote diseases in the body. And to focus in a healthy state mentally, encourages healing physically.
It follows that, esoterically, it would be healthiest for the mind to not consider cancer at all, rather than constantly holding the IDEA of cancer- particularly in the fear-based sense in which the commercial is presenting it.

I understand the premise of the original post.

This was my original premise/theory.

Perfectly summed up in this line:

I think at a certain age, or maybe its ongoing, you are in this freewill state of mind where, if you think positive and pure, even if you are filled with poisons, you won't get cancer or will delay it by decades. But if you let these subliminals in and start to wonder "when" you are going to get the big "C"....it kicks in fast

leaping directly to subconscious spontaneous contraction of cancer from an anticancer ad is ... well... lunacy

I never said " subconscious spontaneous contraction of cancer from an anticancer ad"

i was pointing more towards people creating in themselves, a subconscious state of mind that they are going to get it,& because of a sort of subconscious acceptance, it can manifest easier.

I've manifested tons of things n my life subconsciously, both good & bad. There is a whole esoteric science behind it that dates back thousands of years.
edit on 17-3-2014 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

randyvs

Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you?

I wonder if anyone actually asks their doctor "Am I healthy enough to have sex?"

I remember the good old days before the TV told us what to ask our doctor about.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

dominicus
Just a quick note***

I remember when they begun to talk about cause of cancer in the 90's, they said WORRYING/BEING AFFRAID, about cancer could cause it, since then they have told us everything can give cancer. I have always wondered about this, and thought your right.

Cigaret commercials ALWAYS tell you, you cant stop smoking without help... Cause you can. Just dont smoke... But people believe in it...

Did anyone say gym?? I remember a study some years ago, where people grow 15% more muscle (over a month or 2) just by thinking about bigger muscles X minutes every day...

Everything can kill you, even to much WATER will kill you. Think about what you eat and do, and NEVER listen to someone trying to scare you! (mind control, folks) and you should be fine

Peace
edit on 17 3 2014 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

edit on 17 3 2014 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Yes. That is what it seems to be about. Along with their graphic warnings on cigarette packages, spell casting.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Cancer now has a stigma that it is incurable, and as such, people are thinking that caner=death - this kind of resignation only weakens the resolve, and puts you in a bad place when you think that you can recover from cancer.

What is to stop a smoker with lung cancers from coughing them up and fighting the disease by being strong and brave, treating them as simply a nuisance?

"Cancer? What cancer! Bah!"
edit on 18-3-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join