It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists stop Kiev’s military trucks heading to Russian border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Looks like the people have something to say about the escalating tensions happening along the border right now. I believe the soldiers in this story also handled themselves admirably.

Spontaneous protests erupted in Kharkov, Donetsk and Lugansk regions against the transportation of the military equipment toward the border with Russia. Residents of Lugansk also stopped a train, carrying heavy military equipment, which was headed for the border Thursday.

According to local residents the arrival of the train with airborne combat vehicles and tanks to the Lugansk railway station during twilight caused a stir among the people, Interfax reported. Locals from the nearby villages gathered at the spot and started to prevent the disembarkation of the equipment.

In response to questions about the purpose of the transportation, the Ukrainian troops said that they’ve arrived to Lugansk to fulfill a task which is only known to their commander, as cited by Interfax.

Having received no clear answer, the residents using a locomotive dragged part of the train to a standstill despite the troops’ protests, and barricaded the rails with scrap metal.

Most of the soldiers calmly reacted to the actions of local residents and did not initiate any conflict. Moreover, they stressed that they will not use any violence against civilians.

RT

I know it is RT news, i doubt we'd find many western msm sources on this. Might cruise through liveleak, see if there is any videos.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Here is a video of when they blocked the tracks with the scrap metal.

I assume no side, just find this interesting.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
We, the people, should try to put an end to this.
Both sides are drawing us to war.
They play bad cop good cop, keep us trying to figure out whos the good guy, before we know it theyll start the war.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
People need to step up and say no more, no more war. We refuse your drafts, our children aren't fighting for you. We will not follow bad orders, defined by us. And do it. This is a planet of war and big profits from it. Its up to us to say no. The message I kept getting during this time was not to worry, live peace and love. Do not ever follow bad orders. That it was up to everyone else to make the right choices for a change.
edit on 17-3-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join