It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUGE STORM is building!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

gardener
Los Angeles Area here! Please share when it is anticipated to make landfall(s) and where

Also, is there some other satellite image of the storm system footage other than that one shot on weather.com?

Here is an earth wind map.
earth.nullschool.net.../wind/isobaric/1000hPa/orthographic=-162.70,-3.15,471

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Sorry, but there no huge storm...
NOAA

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Granite

It looks different in color
www.goes.noaa.gov...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Granite

NOAA

Hard to see any storms from a b/w picture where you can't see air temperature...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Put the weather.com map into motion and you'll see that it doesn't seem to threaten any land, although, the first sight of this thing was pretty freaky for the sheer size of it. It's actually thousands of miles from the United States so it probably won't have any impact. In fact, the weather in motion map almost looks like its breaking up and diminishing.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Ok now that is very interesting ...

Picture source!

Now it looked to me like that massive line of clouds/storms seems to be situated along a string of volcanic islands ...

Picture source!

And I wonder if that is due to the islands linear proximity and elevation above the ocean affecting the weather patterns OR is it something much deeper such as possibly magma movements generating some electromagnetic fields in the atmosphere which then generate these cloud systems?

If it is a deeper issue then could this be a ominous portent for extreme EQ's in and around the Pacific ocean in the near future?

Example: Does this line of clouds point towards the recent Mag7 EQ in Chile

Also if its electromagnetic in nature then could it also be an effect imposed by space weather?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Oh man.. that is some scary stuff O.P

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

textbox
Oh man.. that is some scary stuff O.P

Yeah....like Sharknado scary!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Looks like (if it stays together) it could pick up a lot of radioactive waste from Fukushima and dump it right on the West coast.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

ZonedOut
Ok now that is very interesting ...

Picture source!
how many miles does it stretch.

maybe its a trail from the missing aircraft lol out of ita corridor. (Only kidding obviously)

Interesting how if true could be what I had said a while back that it the same theory in a sense as yours.

Every from the fault creating or influencing storms. Wonder if there are any pretty rainbows.

Now it looked to me like that massive line of clouds/storms seems to be situated along a string of volcanic islands ...

Picture source!

And I wonder if that is due to the islands linear proximity and elevation above the ocean affecting the weather patterns OR is it something much deeper such as possibly magma movements generating some electromagnetic fields in the atmosphere which then generate these cloud systems?

If it is a deeper issue then could this be a ominous portent for extreme EQ's in and around the Pacific ocean in the near future?

Example: Does this line of clouds point towards the recent Mag7 EQ in Chile

Also if its electromagnetic in nature then could it also be an effect imposed by space weather?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I question that photo. I checked the weather and nothing but sunshine and light rain predicted for my area of the NorthCoast of California for the next 2 weeks.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
We've had four inches of snow in Norway (Trondheim). Every time we have had snow, there have been storms in the Atlantic and Pacific. Perhaps the jet stream makes things spin?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I am about to go open the lid to another round of rain for socal. It should be like the last and take around 3 days to form and make landfall. I take no responsibility for any occurances from this storm.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
there's a lot of it about.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Granite

NOAA

Char-Lee
reply to post by Granite

It looks different in color
www.goes.noaa.gov...

I don't have any opinion on the storm itself, but both posters above refer to maps that do not include the coverage area that is included in the OP's map.

The OP's map shows a system way southwest of Hawaii. The black and white image linked by Granite includes none of this system at all ... but only because it's located off this map.

You can also see Hawaii in the color map linked to by Char-Lee and can therefore tell, the OP's system is nowhere near the areas covered by this particular map.

Use the shapes of the other systems shown on these maps to determine the direction of and distance of the OP's system. It's not even covered on either of these linked-to maps.

Just FYI.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I think once you reach a certain point in the Pacific, don't weather systems move FROM EAST TO WEST? When we see typhoons moving into Japan, Vietnam, etc.., they approach from the EAST. Yet, the systems that come in to California/Oregon/Washington arrive from the WEST. Where is the point where a formed system wouldn't move east or west?
Just curious...
-cwm

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

I was thinking the same thing. If ops talking about that big stretch.. im pretty sure that will be going away from the US. That little circle of storm up near canada/nw us may hit but probably not as much of anything.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gwynned

Exactly. It's 70 degrees here, and will continue to be in the 70's well into next week. We are in a devastating drought, we would only be so lucky to get hosed by some huge storm.

This is actually quickly becoming catastrophic, and the herds of morons out here are still using water like there is plenty of it.

Come Summer, a lot of people are going to have a big wake up call. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
So many people caught up in Dutchsinse mass hysteria promotion on YT, the sky is falling the sky is falling

"Make Land Fall" peeps need a grade 11 geography class that just touches on meteorology just a bit and when you start to over lay high atmosphere wind and jet stream you will see what will happen to this system and where it will go.....

As for shocking and unusual maybe ya need to check the GOES networks more often and not only when a YT blogger tries to get hits for his account to crowd source more BS this like any system unless some spin is entered will be a non event just saying

Points for Dutches fearmongering again.....

SaneThinking

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

What is a spider hole?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join