It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUGE STORM is building!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
www.weather.com...

Look, there is a huge storm building in the Pacific off the West coast. Look at this huge line of storms. Have you seen something like this. If it makes landfall it is going to be bad. Now would be a good time to figure out where to go for shelter or build one. Even if you just dig yourself a spider hole or something.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

don't forget your lead lined rain coats

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

jessieg
www.weather.com...

Look, there is a huge storm building in the Pacific off the West coast. Look at this huge line of storms. Have you seen something like this. If it makes landfall it is going to be bad. Now would be a good time to figure out where to go for shelter or build one. Even if you just dig yourself a spider hole or something.

whoa!!

that is a strange weather system indeed.

thanks for letting us know about that.

we don't watch TV and are up in the mountains of north Idaho....

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
To be honest I haven't seen anything like this because I'm really not up to speed on weather maps. My untrained eye looked at your link and determined That I should fly back east for a while. As I said though, I have no idea other than my uneducated assumption so I'm a gonna stay put till someone who does understand sounds the alarm.

link   
reply to post by jessieg

good thing it isnt swirly huh. O.o
wait theres a little potential for nipplish activity up north possibly. Maybe a little boob to the northeast. Still a little early.
edit on 16-3-2014 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

link   
SnF OP !!

Thanks for the heads up.
edit on 16-3-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Is that real ? .....wow! And it's going to bring all that crap radiation from fukishima with it......

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It it going west or east? I would have thought the flat part was flattened on the air, and the filament side being residue left and not pushed by the winds. OR is it the other way around?

Impressive!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

Supposed to be sunny all week in crescent City Ca on the coast.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Do you mean that one in the pacific just past new zealand? Will that even make it to the west coast of the USA? Is it even going in that direction? Just looks like it is literally thousands of kilometers away, I'm confused?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Good lord, settle down, people, it's just a strong cold front not unlike what the Atlantic gets. You know how on occasion, we get the bigguns that stretch from the UK area all the way back towards Florida through the Atlantic? Or run the length of the entire eastern seaboard? North America/Atlantic Ocean isn't the only place in the world that gets them passing through.

Here's the High Seas forecast for the South Pacific, and here's the graphic from it:

Unless I completely bungled the lat/long, that's all it is.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Nyiah
Good lord, settle down, people, it's just a strong cold front not unlike what the Atlantic gets. You know how on occasion, we get the bigguns that stretch from the UK area all the way back towards Florida through the Atlantic? Or run the length of the entire eastern seaboard? North America/Atlantic Ocean isn't the only place in the world that gets them passing through.

Here's the High Seas forecast for the South Pacific, and here's the graphic from it:

Unless I completely bungled the lat/long, that's all it is.

actually, it is a bit strange as that front stretches a considerable length, across the equator which has different prevailing wind patterns.......it will be very odd indeed if it maintains continuity for any given time.....time will tell.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

jessieg
www.weather.com...

I've never seen anything like this before.

It sure does not look like any cold front I have ever seen and I sure have never seen a line of storms this long.

I also have never ever witnessed a long line of storms like this that reached from Florida to UK as a previous poster stated - not sure what that statement was about.

Although I wouldn't sound the alarm just yet - I'm sure there are some better knowledged members who can give us a good explanation.

It definitely looks spooky to say the least.

I've been an avid weather watcher since childhood and again - I've never ever seen such a long line of storms.
edit on 3/16/2014 by csulli456 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Well a quick look at the extended forecast for the Los angeles area looks pretty nice with very little moisture and ave. temps in the 70's. I am willing to bet that mass breaks up by the time it gets through the pacific ocean. I could be wrong, just looking at the forecast.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Sacramento Ca here ,according to the weather reports it's supose to be sunny with temps in the 70s all week

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I bet anything this storm breaks up long before it hits land.
Weather is not fully predictable and just because something looks bad hundreds of miles away from land doesn't mean it is going to be anything but a few clouds when it gets there.

Last week in Philly they were talking about an 8 inch or more snow storm making it the worst March storm ever. That was the day before the storm hit. A few hours later it was down to 3 inches and we ended up getting 1.

Weather is dynamic and until it actually hits land it isn't anything to worry about.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I was actually looking at this earlier. The length is a bit strange as well as the winds but it is too far away to know what is going to happen at this point in time. We all should know in a few weeks to a month it just depends on how long it takes to complete its formation. I do believe the climate is changing, perhaps this is part of it. There are bigger storms that have went through so I am sure there is nothing to worry about at the moment. Here is a site that could possibly help you learn even more. www.weather.gov...
Also check out these images, they are constantly updated www.nhc.noaa.gov...
edit on 16-3-2014 by demonologist842012 because: more information

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Who said the new wars would be fought with weather mods tech? Interesting times.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Los Angeles Area here! Please share when it is anticipated to make landfall(s) and where

Also, is there some other satellite image of the storm system footage other than that one shot on weather.com?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join