It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body Armour...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I think it's about time we got some good body armour for soldiers that actually reflected the bullets, kinda like Clone Armour in Star Wars. It could make fighting a lot safer, especially in street combat.
Please post your thoughts...

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I seen something similar to what you are talking about one time on Fox News Channel. It was full body armour; all black. I think they said it wouldn't be ready until the year 2020 or sometime. I can't find it anywhere though.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Head to toe body armour protection is in the works.
and so much more then that. Though I think they look more like Vader then a Clone trooper.

www.natick.army.mil...

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Nice. I thought your avatar looked familiar. So... where can I buy one??

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
DARPA
We might have to wait 20+ years though

But when I find some for sale I will let you know, optical camouflage cost extra

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Isin't their a suit equiped with photavalic cells that blends in with the enviroment by projecting whats around it on the suit?

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Proballt Top Secret if there is, I think the US Governemnt are developing tanks that can do that...
Thanks for the link...

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This type of body armour sounds to be thing to have. Its still in the developing stage.

I work as a textile flammability analyst, and have already done the flammability tests on the fabric to be used for this.

Check out the link....

www.military.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by blue cell
Isin't their a suit equiped with photavalic cells that blends in with the enviroment by projecting whats around it on the suit?

Predator style camo. That movie was the miitaries inspiration for this.

This is indeed in the works most likely we will see it on large things like planes and helicopters first. But their is plans to use it on future soldiers. A man in Japan has had some amazing success proving the concept is valid and works. This with a modest budget now imagine if this guy had DOD money and Darpa on his side.

We know they are spending lots of money on it and the US but thats about all they are telling us right now.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
What do you mean by "Liquid Armour"?

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus

The armour is really soft and flexible only when a bullet is about to hit it will it become hard to stop the bullet. The suit will be made up of a combination of this liquid and normal hard armour. Stuff like the helmet will he hard armour, but stuff that needs to allow you to move will be the new type.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

my of knowledge on liquid armour is that there is a special reactive liquid within a specialy designed vest. When say a bullet hits the vest there are crystals that form within liquid creating a bullet proof effect. The advantages are the vest would be light weight and fexible.

I'll have a look for a link

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Heres some more detailed info on the stuff
www.military.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

my of knowledge on liquid armour is that there is a special reactive liquid within a specialy designed vest. When say a bullet hits the vest there are crystals that form within liquid creating a bullet proof effect. The advantages are the vest would be light weight and fexible.

I'll have a look for a link

Allready posted the link above

here it is again...

www.military.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Things like this could be avaible on the Black Market, but I won't start another discussion about the Black Market or Fences.

new topics

top topics

join