It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holographic universe?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I sometimes feel like I am a piece of software code, being part of a larger context of software code. Maybe uploaded to a cloud service?

blogs.msdn.com...

"We're all in."

I once had quite a weird experience. I was under the influence of medicine while listening to a lecture online about Gnosticism. I felt like my consciousness was played retrospectively on the laptop of the lecturer. It felt like I was in the room but not able to see the people. They were in another dimension to me, like ghosts, but they could see me. The lecture was about eugenics and it was held for a secret group of initiates working for Google. My consciousness had been tracked through surveillance and it had been decided that it was of special interest and the software of my consciousness had become the subject of study by these eugenicists at Google. The whole thing felt very Brave New World but interesting and not too far removed from what might be reality already or soon.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

This point where infalling objects reach the speed of light is referred of as the event horizon.

Got it. Thanks for that wonderful description.

The rest of the info you presented was exceptionally helpful. I'm grateful that you (and, actually, my daughter) have that ability to put rather complicated science into laymans' terms.

Part of the reason we are seeing things "in the past" with astronomy is that it takes the light some time to travel across the vast distances in space.

Yes, that part I do get.

www.weather.com...

It still bends me brain, though. I remember asking my mum when I was really short: But how long is forever? How can the universe be infinitely huge?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs
Okay, I'm aware of this idea that what we see is an illusion...that it's all a figment of our senses.
But I don't understand how we can sit on chairs, walk on the ground, touch objects/people - if they're holograms, they're 'transparent' like ghosts or Star Trek kind of 3-D images....
even though I also understand that there are particles that pass right through us, and that solid-seeming objects are actually not solid objects, but it is magnetic polarity that makes it seem so.

Does anyone have a physics explanation that can help me with understanding what a holographic universe means? I'm no physicist, but I'm very interested in the paranormal/unseen that seems very much to be part of our lives.

One reason the holomovement physics model uses the term "holographic" is because of the principle of every part containing the whole, like a hologram. It makes more sense if you understand that reality is one long flat plane that is complete gibberish as far as raw data is concerned but our minds make sense out of it very much like a radio makes sense out of otherwise pointless radio waves.

The best analogy I've ever thought of is comparing it to virtual realities and digital gaming. In my signature, there is a thread I wrote using the holomovement physics model as a concept to argue that emulation of reality is no less real than what you and I consider to be "reality".

Awesome subject, for sure, as it also allows for all of the irreconcilable flaws in particle physics as well as making room for the paranormal and spirituality. It's a beautiful model.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

the principle of every part containing the whole, like a hologram. It makes more sense if you understand that reality is one long flat plane that is complete gibberish as far as raw data is concerned but our minds make sense out of it very much like a radio makes sense out of otherwise pointless radio waves.

Baffling.

That reminds me of "fractals" - a thing I've heard of from an NDE I read (Mellen Thomas Benedict) -
a theory that I sorta get. I think.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

A massless particle (photon) produces a massless object created by a specific interference pattern, so light begets light. A particle with mass (boson) produces an object of apparent mass created by a specific interference pattern, so mass begets mass. Same process, different particle interaction.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

A massless particle (photon) produces a massless object

Wait. I read "particle" and "massless" and I get weirded out.
How can an object/particle be massless?
I read your post several times. I don't get it, and like I said, I'm not a dimwit.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Okay, I'm aware of this idea that what we see is an illusion...that it's all a figment of our senses.
But I don't understand how we can sit on chairs, walk on the ground, touch objects/people - if they're holograms, they're 'transparent' like ghosts or Star Trek kind of 3-D images....

When you dream at night, you can sit on chairs and walk on the ground, touch objects and people too, and be none the wiser. It's proven to us every night we dream, that we are incapable of recognizing the difference between physical sensations and those in dreams. Be it sight, sound, touch, smell etc.. And if we never woke up from our dreams, we would always assume that it is real,based on the fact that it feels real.

So if I were to sit on a chair in my dream, there would be NOTHING in my sense of touch, site, hearing etc. that would tell me that it's a dream. Unfortunately, the same problem applies to our awake state when we attempt to use the same sensory information to determine if THIS environment is real. Lucidity is operative word here.

In everyday life, if you sit on your chair it feels REAL, your vision confirms it is real, your sense of touch confirms it, etc. the entire Universe seems to confirm it is happening. There is virtually no difference at all between that and a dream.

What I'm saying is that if you want to see the holographic nature of this Universe,, the evidence will not be in what you perceive with your five senses while IN the dream nor in what you think. You have to trigger a transcendental experience. Take a Peek behind the curtain so to speak. Or Wake up.

There are a lot of books that talk about the holographic nature of our Universe. BUT, who wants to read a book in a dream? Much better to wake up and see it with your own eyes. Books, theories, ideas and philosophies be damned!!

edit on 16-3-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

greencmp

The holographic principal is simply that all three dimensional structures in space are actually projections of two dimensional information on the "event horizon" of the universe (or black hole where the original theory springs from).

The black hole theory is interesting where 2D data can be projected as 3D. But you can also project down from higher level N dimensions to lower level n-1 dimension.

science.howstuffworks.com...

I myself normally think of humans as being in a N>3 spatial dimensions being projected down on 3D.

When your eyes only can measure 3D (normally named x,y,z in math) you cannot see beyond the 3D and anything that is not in the same plane w will not be visible even if there could be interacting with 3D (for instance thru the missing gravity scientist cannot seem to find explanation for).

Carl Sagan has a good way to describe this.

edit on 16-3-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

introspectionist

BuzzyWigs
reply to post by introspectionist

Nobody knows for sure if perception of reality takes place in the brain though, right?

Well, neurosurgeons have looked forever to find the "seat of consciousness", and they haven't. Kind of like having the lights on, and trying all of the circuit-breakers in the main box, but the light not going out when any of them are flipped off.

Again - this subject of consciousness and perception really really really interests me. Maybe most of all because we just don't know!!!
The greatest conspiracy ever. Who Did This To Us????

You will probably love this video. I do!

www.youtube.com...

Duality ego/rest boxed separation vs non dualistic oneness of everything in existence. The bestowal makes me think of synchronicity/probability fields (intention->manifestation by bending probability/creating synchronicity). The being both creates and receive from "all that is/was/will be". Leaving Plato:s Cave

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Has Hawking come up with a way to explain the information loss problem?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs

It still bends me brain, though. I remember asking my mum when I was really short: But how long is forever? How can the universe be infinitely huge?

How can we be sure "what is" infinitely huge. If "what is" is curved then you might come back to the starting point since we are moving in a way that can be projected down similar to 1D movement on the surface of a 2D circle.

So when we have moved far enough in one direction we will be back at the same starting point (360 degree or 2 radian angle). In 2D you can think of it like moving on the surface of the planet (A sphere as seen in 3D). In 3D you would be moving on 3 circled surfaces. In 4D you would be moving on 4 circled surfaces.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
No we don't live(exist) in a holographic universe where we are mere virtual projections from the source.However the universe is holographic in nature.The fact is if this was a holograph we could not perceive the fullness of the holograph because we don't perceive or exist in that dimension it is being sourced from.

To simplify what I mean I'll use an allegory.It is not exactly what happens because that can't be "known" in the realm of the physical universe.As has been stated nothing in the physical universe is solid.Most all of "normal matter" is 99.9999999999999999999% empty space just as the cosmos is.(btw that is only 4.9 of the matter of the universe the other 95.1 is called dark matter and we have no idea what that is made of)

The allegory is of something of this world most people are familiar with...Walt Disney created a world that I will call Disneys land.Walt "created" his world in his "mind".When he was ready to cause it's existence outside of his mind he drew it and it all started with a pencil dot on a piece of paper.That is similar to how the physical universe was created .....from a single particle of matter smaller than an atom.

That matter was not like any matter in the physical universe because it "is" solid.All matter comes from this single particle I'll call the singularity.......To get back to the allegory.The first dot on a piece of paper that started the existence of Walts world out of his mind is like the singularity.The lead from the pencils that created/drew Micky and Minnie Mouse and Donald Duck etc...cannot be perceived the same way Walt perceives it.

That lead from the pencil is 3 dimensional.Mickey can only perceives things that are 2 dimensional.He may have a "shadow"2D pencil of Disneys land however it is not the 3D "pencil" in the world Walt exist in.Walt is like the source of a holograph projecting "images" of matter from his world into Disneys land through the pencil however those in Disneys land cannot fully perceive the reality of Walts world because they are only drawn in 2D.

..and that is the dilemma. Walt has put it into Mickeys mind that his world is only drawn and his perceptions of how things appear are not true.Mickey cannot "know" by 2D experience that he is only two dimensions and there are more dimensions "above" him because his perception will always be limited to 2 dimensions as long as he only exist in the 2D Disneys land.

The fact is as long as we exist in the 3D(5D by some physicist) world we cannot perceive any higher dimensions.
It is impossible to"raise" our dimensional "consciousness"(not my choice of word).AS long as you exist in the 3D world that is all you can perceive and we know for a fact our perception of even those 3D is very poor.In the calendar "year"of the history of the physical universe we are in the less than one second.In other words if the universe just started it is not even at the one second mark of the 13.8 billion years...in other words our knowledge of even our own existence is very limited by space and time

The physical universe is not infinite.That is an impossibility.. even the not quite one second old knowledge of man knows it is expanding.If it was infinite it would have no need to expand.It is being "drawn"..VERY big very out of our "perception" yet it is still only 3D.The real world is incomprehensible.It is outside of our dimensions and we are inside of it!

Our whole universe is essentially drawn on a piece of paper in that "other" realm of existence.It could just as easily be crumpled up by the BIG Walt and thrown in the trashcan and we would have no perception of that action.We would just ....cease to exist as if we never existed.

If the basis of this concept is true we have nothing to worry about.Walt is either a very competent artist that knows exactly what he is doing and his plans for Disneys land are a lot bigger than a drawing on a piece of paper or he is a hack and we will soon enough (it doesn't matter when) be tossed into the trashcan of nonexistence

Either way our only perception is the one we have by the dimensions we live in.We cannot transcend those dimensions no matter what we think,believe or do.It will only be more deception of lack of perception.The physical world is a type of Matrix...but we aren't being grown to steal our energy were are being grown in conception to a multi dimensional "life"(the meaning of spirit).

We are not "spirit" beings having spiritual experiences in a physical body.The whole "spiritual" being construct is another false perception of reality In one very real sense we are not even alive yet because we haven't be born into the solid REAL world of life!

The solid world cannot exist "inside" the physical realm world.It only took one singularity of solid matter to cause all of this universe to exist.To try to bring the solid world "down" would be like trying to feed a baby a steel planet the size of a giant sun.This empty space universe and the solid universe are not compatible.The only way to enter into the solid world is through something from it...and thats what happened with the singularity...it was the seed of ALL things(we are stardust).

How this will play out is impossible to know by perception however we can perceive faintly the shadows being cast(that is what this world is made of).In one sense it will do us no good to extrapolate false theories of the 3D world .There is nothing we can "do" to "cause" us to exist in the solid world.It is all up to Walt.It is his creation.

He is not asking Mickey advice or help on how to build the Matterhorn.The only thing he can do for Mickey is put it in his very limited 3D perceiving mind faint shadows of what is to come.That being drawn on the paper was only the beginning...wishing upon that star because dreams DO come true...just not how we dream them.Disneyland is out there... but it is not in our universe. ..sweet dreams to all.

edit on 16-3-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

So if I were to sit on a chair in my dream, there would be NOTHING in my sense of touch, site, hearing etc. that would tell me that it's a dream. Unfortunately, the same problem applies to our awake state when we attempt to use the same sensory information to determine if THIS environment is real. Lucidity is operative word here.

But....
in my dreams, I do have sight, smell, touch, hearing, etc.

Just this morning I was half awake from a very vivid dream and trying to remember the characters' names.....

took me about 20 minutes to realize the names weren't "real" in terms of my waking life. But they were very real in my dream.
All senses included.

Was it a holograph?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

Either way our only perception is the one we have by the dimensions we live in.We cannot transcend those dimensions no matter what we think,believe or do.

Indeed. Obvi.

But what is with the fact that we are aware of not being able to transcend those dimensions????

It's mind-melting. Boggling.
Thanks for your thoughtful response.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

How can we be sure "what is" infinitely huge. If "what is" is curved then you might come back to the starting point since we are moving in a way that can be projected down similar to 1D movement on the surface of a 2D circle.

This frustrates me so much I think I might cry.
I have studied Buddhist philosophy, though, and actually a couple of times enjoyed the fleeting sensation of 'enlightenment'.
Everything is exactly how it's supposed to be, all the time....

and all people are doing their level best, no matter how other humans perceive their actions.
I honestly believe that. Everyone is trying their best at all times.....lame as it might be, it's the best they (we) can do.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Here is a start, but there are many other trails, recent findings. But physicist David Bohm, Los Angelos university nuclear lab, peered into atoms and didn't see much matter stuff there, however there seemed to be akin to a plasma screen, we're all connected to. So a projection from a higher plain, akin to being put in an infinite inwards plasma tv, a school. All holograms are constructions.

This very much connects with entanglement theory.

Quantum Entanglement - The Weirdness Of Quantum Mechanics

This is a quick search, you can search for the german lab, individually.

www.newscientist.com...

Basically expensive structure built to find the graviational waves kept getting interference, as if like dot printer matrix. Its akin to saying, the picture exists, 2d, and the light, streaming out from stars, (replacing the lasers in the labs when you construct holograms) erects the picture into 3D.

That alligns with an experience while meditating of standing on the poster of the universe, unable to get back in. And I knew it was all a construct, wished I didn't have to return.

www.nature.com...
Simulations back up theory that Universe is a hologram

Looking into black hole research.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

Well, I do believe we project in. Kind of like, kids in the auditorium watching the movie, we project into the roles without memory, and when the sliver of our consciousness alligns to the Love and Goodness of the mind we left, the dreamer awakens, and the training wheels are finally off, and we have finally become our infinite selves.

The Universe is a womb, ma trix, to be born out of. To become. There is no shadow or dark thoughts above.
edit on 16-3-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Im feelin very tooney with my posts today.

If Einstein only had a computer. He'd be Einstein 2000!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Buzzy,
You have to differentiate between the two realities. There is a physical reality made up of time and space. If you ask a question and arrive at an answer in your mind that involves time and/or space then your answer is physical reality based. The only questions you can answer using any concept of time and/or space are those entrenched in physical reality. Questions about the big bang or the concept of infinity inspire answers grounded in physical reality because they use time and space. Those who have been regressed or those who relate NDEs generally state that time/space are purely physical reality concepts and have no meaning on non-physical levels of existence. In my opinion to experience a higher level of reality you must experience it first hand because descriptions using physical reality terms seem to fall woefully short.
The physical reality you experience is your creation and you have control over it. There are rules to be adhered to but they in no way limit you in the process of creating that reality. Those rules are to maintain some sort of continuity but leave a lot of room for your creative energy. As for explanations that extend beyond physical reality there will be none that successfully bridge the gap between the physical and the spiritual because two different systems of reality are at work and they are not run by the same rules.
The most often recommended practice to jump the gap is via meditation. It forms a bridge between the two realities. I'm not saying you'll find all the answers to all your questions because I don't think we ever realize all the answers until we reconnect with source. You can, I believe, reach a point where you're comfortable with the existence of the two and realize that you're in physical reality for a purpose and you should try to be comfortable in pursuing that purpose.
I follow a channeler whom I've found very profound in his explanations. One of his admonitions is 'don't worry about how it works'. I agree. It seems you have an inquiring energy and I'm sure it will provide you answers. Be patient.
edit on 16-3-2014 by baboogdi because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2014 by baboogdi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The holographic universe theory is kind of like a TV with a 2D screen projecting 3D images. In reality the images on the screen aren't 3D at all, they only look 3D because of the illusion of depth and volume created and projected onto the 2D surface.

This applies to the universe we see around us, it is only an illusion that anything has depth or volume. In reality, everything we see is like the TV screen being projected as 3D onto our vision. If you really "look" at what you see you'll notice that everything you see is an image that only has length and height, but it has the illusion of depth.

Think of your image (vision) as the TV screen and the environment you see around you as the illusion of depth projected onto your image. If you could somehow take a snapshot of what you see at this moment and print it out, the picture printed out would be a good example of how the image you see is 2D but with the illusion of 3D.

Hopefully at least some of that makes sense.

We are the whole of the universe contained in parts experiencing itself. Cut a hologram of an apple in half 2 million times, you'll come out with 4 million miniature apples, not 4 million slices of an apple as you'd typically think. The whole is preserved within each part through this act of separation. Think of the universe as the apple and us as the apple cut in half 2 million (infinite) times. We are each the whole of existence contained in parts and with unique perspectives of the whole (ourselves).

We are all the same on the inside and we are all connected through that original apple, which is also us.

I don't have an answer for why we can touch things and sit on chairs though. I think that's just how it's supposed to work. Not a very good answer, but it's all I've got.

S&F

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join