It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wireless electricity in your home may be quicker than you ever thought.. Move over Tesla

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Near the bottom of what? Yes, you can, but this doesn't work the same, if I get time and you can point me at the patent I'll read through it in the morning when I get off work. In the contractor vending area at the moment.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Sovaka
Hmm... Hasn't there been a study into the long term effects of WiFi signals messing with people?

I am pretty sure that the signals aren't benign in the least.

Also, what happens if you are walking around with a spooled copper coil in your pocket?
Will a short occur and kill said holder or even create a fire??

It's not at all the same thing as wifi. That's one of the horrible inaccuracies in the article.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

My rhetorical question is based off the reason why they call it free energy. I mean, call me weird, but don't you normally have to pay for any energy (regardless of whether it is electricity)?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
reply to post by Bedlam

My rhetorical question is based off the reason why they call it free energy. I mean, call me weird, but don't you normally have to pay for any energy (regardless of whether it is electricity)?

Free energy generally is equal to perpetual motion machine. This is just cordless power.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

www.google.com... About half-way down.

That patent is for wireless but it's not the one I thought it was. The magnetic coupling was either in another Tesla patent or maybe I have it confused with a WiTricity patent that cited the Tesla patent. Fuzzy on the details.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Sweet. I'll be dumping this load o' data on day shift shortly and going home. Gives me something to read while I wind down.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Oh cool, I've always wanted cancer all over my body. Now there is a possibility that it will be widely available and affordable!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

My bad. I thought free was in reference to money.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
reply to post by Bedlam

My bad. I thought free was in reference to money.

I guess it is indirectly, you always see it in connection with the latest magnet motor or mystic vortex generator or the like. As in we're making free energy with our fraudulent perpetual motion machine and thus not paying Big Energy. Only those always end up being scams to fleece the credulent.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

DenyObfuscation
reply to post by Bedlam

www.google.com... About half-way down.

That patent is for wireless but it's not the one I thought it was. The magnetic coupling was either in another Tesla patent or maybe I have it confused with a WiTricity patent that cited the Tesla patent. Fuzzy on the details.

The intensity of the effect of a' transmitting circuit with a free or elevated terminal is proportionate to the quantity of electricity" displaced, which is determined by the product of the capacity of the circuit, the pressure, and the frequency of the currents employed. To produce an electrical movement of the required magnitude it is desirable to charge the terminal as highly as possible, for while a great quantity of electricity may also be displaced by a large capacity charged to low pressure, there are disadvantages met with in many cases when the former is made too large. The chief of 7 these are due to the fact that an increase of I more vigorously. Therefore, in order to y ticable.

If you dig through this, like his others, it's about the "pressure" or voltage. Tesla coils are big high voltage transformers. WiTricity, on the other hand, is about magnetic coupling. You don't want the e-field component at all, because if you did, you'd have a really big radio transmitter and you wouldn't get the effect you're after.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Thanks for looking. I looked around for what I thought I remembered and didn't find it. Probably confused what was in whose patent.

If you don't mind, on a related note can you see any way to consider electricity to be a form of plasma? I don't believe so but I can kind of see my opponent's point, so would appreciate your input.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

DenyObfuscation
reply to post by Bedlam

Thanks for looking. I looked around for what I thought I remembered and didn't find it. Probably confused what was in whose patent.

I looked through the large grouping of patents on the witricity site, while they do reference dozens of patents they all seem to be in the prior art section. When we do that, we generally have to refute why these patents are not applicable, I guess MIT gets a by on that one.

If you don't mind, on a related note can you see any way to consider electricity to be a form of plasma? I don't believe so but I can kind of see my opponent's point, so would appreciate your input.

Oh. That guy. No, electricity is not plasma. I'd have thought we settled that one. Plasma is an ionized gas. A plasma is generally very conductive (can't think of one that isn't) but it's not electricity.

Electricity is the flow of charge carriers induced by a potential gradient. The guy you're talking to (if it's the same one) has a real hard time separating the concepts of a wire from the electricity it's conducting. But then, he thinks plasmas are IN wires, which is also wrong.

So you can conduct electricity WITH a plasma, but it is not electricity.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
So let's get this straight...

In a time when generation capacity is looking to be DROPPING in much of the westernized world while individual usage is still CLIMBING we want to introduce a technology that will add yet ANOTHER layer of inefficiency into our already horrifically inefficient energy distribution system?

This is pure genius! If you're trying to accelerate the collapse of the electrical grid...

Seriously this is sheer stupidity on a massive scale!

Not only is it useless but the only reason this is even being considered is because no part of the electronics industry wants to enact a universal AC adapter protocol!

Think about it! If you didn't need to maintain an entire fleet of different adapters for different crap would you even CARE about having to plug stuff in?

This is the technological equivalent of cutting off your nose to spite your face!

Seriously of all the stupid useless crap... Sorry I just get mad when there's so many REAL technological hurdles out there that NEED bright minds working on a solution, and not only is this not one of them, but it's actually a step in the entirely WRONG direction for us to be taking at a time when we can't afford missteps!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

But what's all this stuff you hear about people dying for trying to pioneer free energy. Is that an urban legend?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
reply to post by Bedlam

But what's all this stuff you hear about people dying for trying to pioneer free energy. Is that an urban legend?

yes, it is just silly made up stories pushed by the gullible onto the gullible.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

hellobruce
yes, it is just silly made up stories pushed by the gullible onto the gullible.
The part about people dying is true, but even people that don't claim to have invented free energy do that.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Okay, I think we're getting a little sidetracked here. I'm talking about violent deaths.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

Such as?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

The ones mentioned on the Zero Point Doc...?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
Okay, I think we're getting a little sidetracked here. I'm talking about violent deaths.

People die violent deaths everyday, about 35,000 each year in the USA due to car crashes....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join