It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Sends Police to Arrest Its Employee After She Marked on Wall Map

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by VinMan

It's become painfully obvious that a large number of people that want to become police do it because they enjoy asserting their authority over other people, often in a brutal manner.

I get that too. As painful as it is to watch the beginning of the OP video is a chastisement of police authority over the little people.

Its like he spends several minutes trying to convince her she has committed a crime (which doesn't work) Then he says your'e coming with us anyway for a "downtown citation".

My bet is they had even more fun scheduled for her there, off camera.

Fear and Loathing in the USA.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

EnigmaAgent
reply to post by StallionDuck

www.kutv.com...

Thanks!

Wanted to read up more on the story behind it.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

This is outrageous. She did "technically" vandalize the sign, but it wasn't in a malicious manner. Quite the opposite. She definitely shouldn't have resisted, that always blows any incident way out of proportion. Had she gone with them, this wouldn't be a story, and she probably would have not even got a citation. That being said, the cops completely and unacceptably over-reacted. These officers should be fired.

Never trust a cop. Never talk to cops. Never help a cop. Never resist a cop.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Time to leave some maps all over campus with some OTHER pertinent directions on them....

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
They have to replace a sign that was useless to begin with because she corrected it? This entire fiasco is utterly absurd. I would definitely file a lawsuit against the school, because even if it is not winnable, it would make a point. But that would be expensive. And there is a HUGE difference between the degrees of "resisting arrest." This degree definitely did not call for the action that was taken. Why did they feel such action was necessary? Somebody needs to get in trouble for this. I definitely do not believe it should be the woman, who was doing something that the school was too stupid or lazy to do itself.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

abe froman
I would also like to point out that this is what happens when you have too many police officers and not enough crime. No murders, look for rape,no rape, look for robbery,no robbery, look for jaywalking, no jaywalking... "what are you looking at? get on the ground you're under arrest!"
As I have said over and over again with crime rates falling why do we keep adding more and more police?
Also, it's pretty self evident that the more cops you hire the lower in the barrel you have to go to dig them out.

That's a good point Abe. You can also apply that to the S.W.A.T teams that every dept. seems it have nowadays. Not a lot of hostage situations or terrorist activities in suburban America these days so they use them to kick down doors in the middle of the night for petty and mostly victimless violations. It's totally out of control.
No pols will ever speak against it for fear of being labeled "soft on crime".

VinMan

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
She corrected a map, obviously not knowing it was a crime to do so, which explains her shock and why she reacted or resisted.

If you don't do what a cop says to do RIGHT NOW, they can be assholes.

I would have resisted as well though.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
We're becoming robots. It's happpening in front of our eyes and we're blind to it. Just keep working. If you work enough, you won't notice it.

People won't be afraid of AI in the future as much because they'll resemble it. As billions of more people are born we will increasingly be like an ant hill. I already feel like I'm suffocating just having the thought. Everything will be controlled to keep us safe and keep things working efficiently. Earth will try to dominate people who live off-planet, but it'll be a struggle to keep em all in line.
edit on 15-3-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
think the cop was playing up his role a little to much. he's there to issue the citation not to lecturer and judge her.
she was a bit rude, tho i think that was from the shock that she was actually getting busted. but she continued on when she should have just shutup. can't really take a side on this one.

my questionn is.... why didnt he hust shoot her? she had a weapon. i believe i saw a pen in her hand.

edit on 15-3-2014 by ishum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by th3dudeabides

This is outrageous. She did "technically" vandalize the sign, but it wasn't in a malicious manner. Quite the opposite. She definitely shouldn't have resisted, that always blows any incident way out of proportion.

Screw that. Wall street bankers "technically" violated the law numerous times a day, the CIA "technically" broke the fourth amendment while spying on congress, the NSA "technically" broke the law when spying on citizens, and don't forget, politicians themselves "technically" break the law all the time.

So too do police officers and prison officials, every time they take a pen from the office.

Stealing a pen, just a single pen, is theft when you take it from the office, whether or not you return it or plan to. You learn this in ethics class. Unless it is designated for home use, there is plenty of "technical" crimes.

However, it seems like full out crimes are completely overlooked, and petty ones seem to be enforced on random people that have no ill intentions. If the standard is to prosecute "technical" crimes, then I say YES! Let's do it. Can't wait to see how many asshats end up getting arrested.

Probably end up being the noisiest people in the room...

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

ishum

think the cop was playing up his role a little to much. he's there to issue the citation not to lecturer and judge her.
she was a bit rude, tho i think that was from the shock that she was actually getting busted. but she continued on when she should have just shutup. can't really take a side on this one.

my questionn is.... why didnt he hust shoot her? she had a weapon. i believe i saw a pen in her hand.

edit on 15-3-2014 by ishum because: (no reason given)

I think she wanted to call a lawyer. She clearly wanted to find a means of conflict resolution early on. You can see that when she asks "Who's responsible for the complaint?"

You know, in any kind of office setting or corporate setting, even a household setting, before bringing the hammer down it is normal to look for some kind of alternative means of solving disputes. Instead of grounding your kid, you might ask them if they'd like to perform a few chores to make up for whatever they did wrong. At work, you might have a talk with someone, or even bring another party to mediate before reporting someone to HR.

This makes a lot of sense since formal complaints and formal prosecution of someone is a tad extreme for trivial matters. (Hell, sometimes even for major conflicts it only causes more problems.) If the map was truly ruined and needed to be replaced, she could have offered to fix it. (Although I find it unlikely it was as destructive as he makes it out to be.)

So I think she's acting like how most people would, completely caught off guard by something like this.

He says, "I'm responsible for the complaint." So... I take it in his impressive sleuthing skills, rivalling only that of Sherlock Holmes, he deduced that it was her in fact, who penned the evil, destructive correction to the school map so kids could find their class.

Thank god he did because next she was probably going to Sharpie innocent children to death.

The man is a god damned hero.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Should I double check with my landlord before putting magnets on my fridge?

That could technically be vandalism too, if we're going by idiotic definitions.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Everything is fine when you live in a upside down world.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
please some one tell me they don't teach law enforcement at that insitution of high, er...learning

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

LOL.....your magnets + your fridge is not vandalism.
If you write on your landlords walls with a permanent marker and leave it as such then that is vandalism if you don't fix it.

The map was not her property, she should have acted with more sense.......and her managers are idiots cause they should have dealt with this minor incident in a completely different way.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

th3dudeabides
Never trust a cop. Never talk to cops. Never help a cop. Never resist a cop.

You got the last one wrong. Always resist a cop. They are perfectly willing to murder you just to get an adrenaline rush, and then say you were reaching for a weapon (planted by them after the fact). They declared war on you, me, and everyone else. If they detain you, you are a prisoner of war. PoW's are supposed to resist.

boncho
Stealing a pen, just a single pen, is theft when you take it from the office, whether or not you return it or plan to. You learn this in ethics class. Unless it is designated for home use, there is plenty of "technical" crimes.

However, it seems like full out crimes are completely overlooked, and petty ones seem to be enforced on random people that have no ill intentions. If the standard is to prosecute "technical" crimes, then I say YES! Let's do it. Can't wait to see how many asshats end up getting arrested.

Probably end up being the noisiest people in the room...

It's done for a very specific reason. They can fine you for $x, but the amount is low enough that it's more expensive to hire a lawyer to get you out of it. Thus you have to pay. It's a backdoor tax collection to fund the police.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

intrptr
reply to post by Danbones

it is illegal to fix a government mistake because government never makes mistakes.

Yes, lol.

Officer: "if North is South and South is North than thats just the way it is!"

The really sad thing about this is that no one in that institute of higher learning caught that and that officers of the law would stoop to such a response about it.

You can't make this stuff up.

We don't have to make this stuff up. We have the DHS and the Patriot Act and Law Enforcement officials that say cops aren't trained to deliver ENOUGH deadly force! I wish we were making this stuff up, but we have to face it. The cops have become more dangerous and more lethal than any jihadist?. Why? Ask the lords and ladies in they ivory castles along the potomac. they'll tell you it's all necessary to keep us safe, from people like the Afghans, who have only recently discovered, shoes!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Seen this on Facebook and had basically the same reaction. The cop could of said if it wasn't defaced already we would have had to give you a citation and left it at that.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

SLAYER69

intrptr
She was trying to help the students…

Third Party Cell phone image taken of Citation being delivered...

Those are not police officers in the picture, those are terrorists and should be treated as such without mercy.

Was there really a need to call the police for a map correction? This speaks volumes regarding the administration, it's doubtful that they even passed kindergarten. Then to top it off, some of the students were even siding with the police! They are the new leaders coming up and fully indoctrinated into the police state of mind.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Well, I know I'll be calling once they open just so I can ask them "Did you really have a woman arrested for corrected a sign to help students?"

Maybe if enough people call it will make them realize how stupid it was to go so far with this. You would think they would be spending there resources on correctly...correcting the sign rather then making trouble for an employee who was just trying to help.

Some people..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join