It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Password' recovery problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
i went to the ACCOUNT SETTINGS page... but i do not remember my PassWord, so i cannot change it to a new password

i have been posting for more than 10 years... the ATS Board assigned my account a replacement password some years ago (a random generated password) which i had neber had to write down or memorize before now.

See---
the problem is that my PC runs on Windows XP
which is going defunct on 8 April

i will be getting a new PC by then but i will not have the password to log-in to ATS on my replacement PC

whom or how can i get my 'password' changed and to what address will this new password be sent to (again, i had not needed to use either the password or my contact email address for over 10 years now--- so i have forgotten them from non-use_

Or--- what Moderator would i message privately ???

thanks

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Log out and click the 'forgotten password' button. This sends an email link to reset the password.

If your sign-up email account is dead, send an email to [email protected] and an Admin will be able to help you out

ETA - you should check your PMs because an Admin contacted you yesterday with the solution...

edit on 15-3-2014 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Yes, I was just going to say this was taken care of yesterday. To check PM's, click the envelope icon in the upper-right corner in between the RSS icon and the search icon.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies ATS'ers

yesterday my cable & ISP was lost for hours as the TWC crews were realigning the service lines

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

You're welcome

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

St Udio
Thanks for the replies ATS'ers

yesterday my cable & ISP was lost for hours as the TWC crews were realigning the service lines

MODs Please Close This Thread...

the problem has been resolved by a dozen members & their informative replies Thank You all

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Is Windows XP going to lose all connection to the internet?? My main computer is on 7, but I have two others that use XP. Will these become unusuable, or just not upgradeable? Thanks.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Nope. It's just no longer supported with updates and so forth. It'll work fine, but become increasingly vulnerable to exploits etc.

Windows 7 is really good step up from XP. Also I recommend the latest Ubuntu operating system for people who either don't like Windows or can't afford a new operating system.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

thanks, that was a concern reading the OP, appreciated

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

For more information about the upcoming Windows XP support deadline, check out the thread I made yesterday here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join