It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we have Free Will (my video)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: akushla99

I told you. I am ignoring your posts.

You refuse to watch the video that answers all your questions while you demand answers.

No.

I can't have an adult interaction with someone who turns a forum post into an attempt to win a Pulitzer.

It would be like me rapping my forum posts to you. Wouldn't that be a tad silly?

MM
edit on 6-10-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Mr Mask

Yeah...I'd be evasive too, if 'atom for atom I were you'...

The illusion of non-free will really only take you so far...cos, responsibility can be a bit sticky to compute...I understand.

Hang in there, at least you're entertaining.

Adios

Å99
edit on 6-10-2014 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

All just shades of grey I imagine.

To many dam variables to approach any type of meaningful answer regarding free will, same with consciousness, we are simply not equipped in this dimension to ponder such things.

Probably a blessing really considering in our present incarnation, and equipped with our limited perspectives, the big picture would probably scare the crap out of us.

edit on 6-10-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

To many dam variables to approach any type of meaningful answer regarding free will, same with consciousness, we are simply not equipped in this dimension to ponder such things.

Naw. The answer is already within the reach of technological ingenuity and the human desire to learn. Thsi really is just mapping cause and effect in a biological system. But it surely is not within many people today to accept the idea that they are not in control.

Its weird. So many humans assuming they are driving the machine they are, and when confronted with the possible alternative- so many of them stomp feet and roar as if they somehow "deserved" or earned a right to be the puppet master. Meanwhile- it makes entirely more sense that such a thing is untrue.

Probably a blessing really considering in our present incarnation, and equipped with our limited perspectives, the big picture would probably scare the crap out of us.

I think by some of the posts on this thread alone (and the posts on this subject all over the net) people already are scared of the big picture on our present incarnation.

MM

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99
a reply to: Mr Mask

Yeah...I'd be evasive too, if 'atom for atom I were you'...

I have not been evasive. I have answered your question three times directly, and about 8 more times in this thread to other people asking similar questions.

You are being intentionally vague and slathering flowery words across long sentences that make broken sense- while demanding I am being evasive.

I made a video explaining it all clearly. The video took me about 40 hours to make. You refuse to watch it. You waste my time, effort, talents and patience.

Ask a proper question in a way that makes sense. I will answer it in a way that makes sense. Oh wait...I already have. Time and time again.

Silly.

MM
edit on 6-10-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: spy66

I suppose that is one way of looking at it however without the illusion of freewill I really don't think us Humans could or would have achieved some of the things we have accomplished as a species. Our ability to adapt and overcome has rather a lot do with the notion of freewill.

Our mind and will works by what we observe and experiance, and our mind stores that information. We can not know about something our mind have not experianced. "You would not know how to open a door unless you knew what it was and what purpous it had". You would not know what a car is unless you had knowledge about it.

If we live in a community the community shapes our mind and imagination to learn and produce ideas. So in reality or free will is limited to the knowledge and experiance of the community of the people.

We are were we are today because of the social community we have been a part of up throught time. We dont have more free will to do anytihng byond the will and knowledge of the society we are a part of today.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Well said sir.

We are products of our physical environments and our chemical/electrical happenings. Newtonian physics and chaos all in one silly lil shell. We are absolutely 100% cool things in this universe.

MM

(post by akushla99 removed for a manners violation)

<< 6  7  8   >>

join