It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self-controlled life exit.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I chose to title this thread with self-controlled exit rather than self-controlled suicide because the word suicide contains a powerful negative connotation that is sometimes deserved. It is deserved when a depressed person checks out, leaving their significant other and children not prepared.

But if a person is losing their mind because of you know what, or he or she is dieing of painful cancer that can not be fixed, then I think self-controlled exit makes sense, as it does when our pets are suffering in their final days.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

This is a debate that has been raging for ages. I personally would hope that if I were ever in a position that I would rather check out than carry on, that I would be allowed to do so.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Spot on, Droid.

I agree completely. It is basically a personal decision but it seems like these days government would rather dissuade us from making such decisions imparting on us their own self-referrential dictates instead of our own.

Kallisti

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

It always fascinates me how people ignore the paradox between how we perceive the value of human's life vs. animal's life. Talk about willingly sending an animal to death, nobody cares. Now bring mankind into the debate and it will take decades to resolve the equation.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   

droid56
I chose to title this thread with self-controlled exit rather than self-controlled suicide because the word suicide contains a powerful negative connotation that is sometimes deserved. It is deserved when a depressed person checks out, leaving their significant other and children not prepared.

But if a person is losing their mind because of you know what, or he or she is dieing of painful cancer that can not be fixed, then I think self-controlled exit makes sense, as it does when our pets are suffering in their final days.

AMEN BROTHER!

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Making a person live on in pain and suffering is just not right . People should have the right check out peacefully with help to end their pain instead of being sick ,laying in a bed waiting to die .

And as posted above .. it is wrong to leave your loved ones with no notice and not be ready, or worse that they are the ones that find your body and have to live with that horrifying image for the rest of their life .

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Suicide will always be the first and last inalienable right of every person.

As sad as this seems, it is the truth...

No act, decree, or law, can ever change that.

top topics

join