It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fairfield Man Arrested For Allegedly Biting Nose Off Infant Son

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

3u40r15m

LadySkadi

3u40r15m

Meldionne1

3u40r15m

LadySkadi
So, the mom, this thug, and other family members were all at home and somehow the baby suffered a fractured skull, brain hemorrhage and got his nose bitten off....

Ahh he was no thug, not every black man with dreads is a thug... Regardless...The Mom and the Grandma where in the other room and he was alone in the room with the baby. But they said he was a proud father and was a apprentice in a electrician program. They don't even know forsure what happened it sounds like a freak accident. Or maybe just did some drugs he couldn't handle that led up to the freak accident... Either way if he did it he should do some time, but, no need for the World to jump to conclusions not knowing these people.

Black or white...any man who does this to a child is a "THUG !"

The way it was put I think she was just calling him a thug in general by the mug shot....

"Thug" was being kind... the bastard got frustrated with the child's crying, cracked his skull and bit off his nose. Don't defend...

Nahh I'm not defending him. I experienced a few things like this and it was always the drugs or some bizarre accident. Not someone who is doing fine and suddenly snaps for no reason. But I could be wrong....Unlikely...But it's a possibility

No one could say he was suffering Post Partum Depression.
Did he just snap? Not likely.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Lysergic
Gotta have license to drive but not required to have one to reproduce...

perhaps it should be reconsidered?

And anyone who has ever dealt with the foster/adoption system will tell you that's a bad idea, not because I don't understand the sentiment, but because you have no idea the red tape hoops you have to jump through. Do you know how many perfectly wonderful, willing couples who are put off and discouraged by the system?

If you try to put them in charge of just having kids in general, few who could have them would, and all the usual, horrible people who do things like this would still go right on having kids who get horribly mistreated because they wouldn't have any respect for the law.

It's the same thing with gun laws.

What really needs to happen is that we need to change the culture.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Oh, Wrabbit, it can be a sad sad brutal world.

I'm so sorry to hear this.
Apparently 1300 kids per year experience severe or fatal head trauma due to shaken baby syndrome. I saw a child with this in the PICU and it was heart-breaking. This story seems to include some possible SBS and horrible additional physical abuse.

Child Abuse in America
Children are suffering from a hidden epidemic of child abuse and neglect. Every year more than 3 million reports of child abuse are made in the United States involving more than 6 million children (a report can include multiple children). The United States has one of the worst records among industrialized nations – losing on average between four and seven children every day to child abuse and neglect. 1, 2
Source

These are stomach-turning statistics. Here is an excellent source for factors that contribute to abuse/neglect of children.

Factors Contributing to Child Abuse/Neglect

Risk factors associated with child maltreatment can be grouped in four domains:

Parent or caregiver factors
Family factors
Child factors
Environmental factors
It is increasingly recognized that child maltreatment arises from the interaction of multiple factors across these four domains.20 The sections that follow examine risk factors in each category. Available research suggests that different factors may play varying roles in accounting for different forms of child maltreatment (physical abuse, sexual abuse, neglect, and psychological or emotional abuse).

Ugh. Looking at this stuff leaves me feeling very down. We can do better than this, can't we?? Well, here is a glimpse of a start...

Factors that counteract the factors contributing to abuse (same source):

Protective Factors
Just as there are factors that place families at risk for maltreating their children, there are other factors that may protect them from vulnerabilities—factors that promote resilience. In general, research has found that supportive, emotionally satisfying relationships with a network of relatives or friends can help minimize the risk of parents maltreating children, especially during stressful life events.83 For example, parents who were abused as children are less likely to abuse their own children if they have resolved internal conflicts and pain related to their history of abuse and if they have an intact, stable, supportive, and nonabusive relationship with their partner.84 Additionally, programs on marriage education and enhancement may provide a roadmap of expected challenges such as the birth of the first child, parenting adolescents, and common gender differences which may act as a protective factor by strengthening families.85

This same source has other information on prevention of child abuse.

Thanks for the discussion, Wrabbit...

- AB

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

I really appreciate you stopping in to add more information and context for the story. It is tragic what we see becoming more commonplace.

I want to tell myself that we're just getting bigger in population so by sheer numbers and per capita function of things, we'll have more individuals doing this. It seems more than that though. There seems to just be a general meanness and viciousness society is settling into like an old coat or something. What started as acute stress is settling into chronic psychosis.
edit on 16-3-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join