It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Boycott Israel" app in final stage of development

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
"Boycott Israel" app in final stage of development

The Boycott Israel movement is developing a smart-phone application that will allow followers to avoid Israeli products. The campaign for Palestinian rights continues to gather momentum, despite Israeli accusations of anti-Semitism. The BDS (Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions) movement is working on the Beta version of an app for its supporters. Drawing on a comprehensive database of warehousing product names and descriptions, the app will allow users to scan products to find out immediately whether they fall within the boycott’s guidelines.

If you are one of the people that thinks sanctions should be placed against Israel for their multiple war crimes and human rights violations this should help you join the cause. There is another way to help with the boycott without this app. If the product has a bar code on it the number will start with 729 if the product has no barcode then it will have place of origin labeled on it.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Welcome to the new age of activism.
It's a really neat idea to say the least. Human ingenuity

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I wonder if there is a possibility of this backfiring. It has been hypothesized that far more people support Israel, in the States, than do hate Israel. If this proves to be true, this "silent majority" could use this same app to steer people towards the same products these people wish to boycott. The possible irony makes me chuckle.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
What is amazing to me is that these "activists", these "bringers of change", these self-described "haters of the establishment" will go to such great lengths to try to undermine governments and establishments...

yet...

... they are the first people that praise and adore the same government's scientists where "climate change" is concerned...

... they are the first people that beg for more government when it comes to thier causes...

... they are the first people to volunteer away our rights when it comes to thier safety...

... they are the first people to worship government when thier needs are being met...

... and the very first to stomp over anyone (innocent or otherwise) when they aren't.

Why haven't any muslim countries offered the Palestinians a homeland? Look that one up...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Why haven't any muslim countries offered the Palestinians a homeland? Look that one up...

Palestine is the Palestinian land. Period.
Capice ? I doubt you do...

edit on 14-3-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

madmac5150
What is amazing to me is that these "activists", these "bringers of change", these self-described "haters of the establishment" will go to such great lengths to try to urmine governments and establishments...

yet...

... they are the first people that praise and adore the same government's scientists where "climate change" is concerned...

... they are the first people that beg for more government when it comes to thier causes...

... they are the first people to volunteer away our rights when it comes to thier safety...

... they are the first people to worship government when thier needs are being met...

... and the very first to stomp over anyone (innocent or otherwise) when they aren't.

As a Muslim my self ,ill tell you ALL muslims are welcome to migrate to Muslim country's ..much like all jews are welcomed in Israel . In fact ! Many great scholars are urging muslims to migrate and avoid such Fitna (chaos) in non Muslim lands..

But Palatine is Mostly Muslims ....so i understand why they don't want to leave

edit on 005111131305311th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

It's a little awkward when the Jews feel the same way and that land was once called Israel to make a joint claim on. Different time frames..but then, not altogether that different, as we see in headlines.

At the moment, it's still called Israel (or once again...however one wants to view it) and possession is 9/10ths. Not an easy nut to crack with millions of people in the mix.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The Isrealites found the most worthless piece of real estate in the entire Middle East... (when was the last time we bought Isreali oil??), yet, they have fought over this dirt heap for centuries. Old religions and bad blood...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

madmac5150
The Isrealites found the most worthless piece of real estate in the entire Middle East... (when was the last time we bought Isreali oil??), yet, they have fought over this dirt heap for centuries. Old religions and bad blood...

......i don't really think it's about the oil

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
They have got away with too much for too long, not only in Palestine ,but the whole World ! its about time the World stopped pandering to this Lot ,they are no more Special or Privileged than any other members of the human race, and its about time people woke up to that, and stopped grovelling and putting out for them

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

samsamm9
reply to post by madmac5150

Palestine is the Palestinian land. Period.
Capice ? I doubt you do...

edit on 14-3-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

I actually understand far too well... some of those folks blood is on my hands. Blame me if you wish, I care not at all... It is all politics... which is governments... and governments use people.
At some points governments quit making sense, or quit being relevent and people begin to actually talk without pretense... and without bloodshed... I hope it is sooner, rather than later.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

What a wonderful idea. Lets all boycott a country that is guilty of doing far less than we are when it comes to atrocities.

With Obama and all of his illegal assassinations via his drone strikes. How many innocent people has he killed now?

Not to mention the media's failure to report black on white crime, because that would be racist.

I am so sick of all this pot calling the kettle black. Are we really holier than thou.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Diisenchanted
reply to post by buster2010

What a wonderful idea. Lets all boycott a country that is guilty of doing far less than we are when it comes to atrocities.

With Obama and all of his illegal assassinations via his drone strikes. How many innocent people has he killed now?

Not to mention the media's failure to report black on white crime, because that would be racist.

I am so sick of all this pot calling the kettle black. Are we really holier than thou.

Hating Israel is like Hating New Jersey.
We are the same.
We both commit atrocities on world wide level
We both have the same goals

Armageddon

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FinalCountdown

You're right.

We just need to stop. When I say we I mean all of us. Can't we just get along?
edit on 15-3-2014 by Diisenchanted because: edit to add

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
www.bis.doc.gov... didnt know if you had seen this before buster as something tells me this group will not like this new app very much and perhaps stop its implementation (seems to be the whole purpose of the government agency in question) didnt know it was passed through an act of congress though so this seems like something that would make the office of anti boycott compliance angry .

add another link www.corporatecomplianceinsights.com...
edit on 15-3-2014 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FinalCountdown

Hating Israel is like Hating New Jersey.

If that was supposed to help Israel..Umm.. Well.....

I really really dislike New Jersey.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

madmac5150
Why haven't any muslim countries offered the Palestinians a homeland?

Because they hate the Palestinians and like to use them as a tool to attack Israel.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
That's just wrong. If someone already shows his teeth because he is trapped in a corner, you don't poke him with a stick, if the outcome you want to achieve is a collaboration. We should have a middle-east-ginger-cow-party (do you know south park?) and just find a way to stop feeling like there was any difference. It is 2014, people, religious differences really shouldn't matter anymore.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

Indeed that is what I thought to myself at 1st glance!

But then my thoughts turned nasty and I suddenly realized this could be a trojan horse by mossad to take down the hardware in a stuxnet like attack ... of all those who sign up to deliberately boycott Israel.

I'd avoid it till it has been in the wild for a bit and turns out to be tried tested and trusted!

Even then I would still probably not trust it as I can simply look up what my country imports from Israel on wikipedia and avoid them if I so choose to do so because mossad may be behind it and in for the long haul and using it as a intelligence gathering mechanism.

However kosher food is yummy good food and buying bagels baked locally is probably not providing direct material support for Israel unless one is actually in Israel.

Buyer beware ok! The power is in your hands as a consumer! They NEED your $ervice as a customer!

edit on 15-3-2014 by ZonedOut because: corrected spelling error.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Ninipe
That's just wrong. If someone already shows his teeth because he is trapped in a corner, you don't poke him with a stick, if the outcome you want to achieve is a collaboration. We should have a middle-east-ginger-cow-party (do you know south park?) and just find a way to stop feeling like there was any difference. It is 2014, people, religious differences really shouldn't matter anymore.

You go and tell that to "the chosen ones" that keep occupying the palestinian lands. Sadly 1 app is not enough.

<<   2  3 >>

join