It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pinkberry founder gets 7 yr. max for beating homeless man with tire iron. Because he was wrong race?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It does seem to be quite unusual in the US for the wealthy to be prosecuted, let alone sentenced to the maximum sentence for their crimes. In the wake of todays sentencing most of the comments I've heard are that if he was a WHITE ceo he would have gotten off scot free. I've also heard that if he was black That we would have seen "pictures of him when he was 12 with captions explaining how it was society's fault".

Why is it that as soon as people started to wake up a little bit to the fact that our disparity is not because of race vs. race but rich vs. poor that there seems to be a much renewed vigor in comments about race?

Do you think that the money/power behind the media is intentionally responsible?

With the recent revelation of people being paid to push agendas on internet comment sections I've started to become suspicious of everyone.

link

edit on 14-3-2014 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

I've revisited the OJ case due to the anniversary (20 years in June) so it's interesting this comes up. If you're wealthy your more likely to get press and more likely to have people covering your back (your their meal ticket). I don't think the media is directly responsible but rather enmeshed in the whole thing. Black vs white vs Asian vs Iranian, etc - all relevant when it comes to crime as biases exist. Over time people have witnessed how the law applies to the rich and how the law applies to the poor. They've seen the racist card played - even with the election of our president. It's a salient issue (non equality in the eyes of lady justice). Therefore it comes up time and time again because people generalize and feel a need to explore (rule it out/show how it's changing).

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

You should be suspicious of everyone at the very least and you will eventually not trust anyone soon enough.

Sad but true IMO.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

abe froman It does seem to be quite unusual in the US for the wealthy to be prosecuted, let alone sentenced to the maximum sentence for their crimes. In the wake of todays sentencing most of the comments I've heard are that if he was a WHITE ceo he would have gotten off scot free. I've also heard that if he was black That we would have seen "pictures of him when he was 12 with captions explaining how it was society's fault". Why is it that as soon as people started to wake up a little bit to the fact that our disparity is not because of race vs. race but rich vs. poor that there seems to be a much renewed vigor in comments about race? Do you think that the money/power behind the media is intentionally responsible? With the recent revelation of people being paid to push agendas on internet comment sections I've started to become suspicious of everyone. link

They, the media and others need that victim, all those oppressed by "racism" that the media creates. A majority percentage of actual racism victims comes from that agenda, and that agenda makes a lot of money. There are a lot of non profit groups that take in grants and donations, but the money pays salaries instead of fighting racism, since that racism doesn't exist, (at least not on the level they claim exists).

Plus look at the same bunch use this for political profit. They have to keep it going, or they collapse and people would begin living honest again. Can't be having that..

They even convinced the country that our president is black. and only black. That is pretty racist to me. glaringly so.. Those taking advantage of this lie, do not mind showing their moral bankruptcy to everyone.. This shows how far and deep the debasement actually goes. If they went any deeper they would feel the devil bite their ass.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Well, they probably have 7 years as a fake kind of sentence, so he is really a satanists following his black op mkultra training, because they're all satanic, more ancient egtyptian/sumar type, but nonetheless, they are employed for terror. So this ordeal of 7 years is this guy earning his stripes for some organization, IMHO. That is how I now see the world.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and pretend you are self trained to be colorblind, which can lead to pretending massive institutional racism does not exist in the US.

Institutional bias against black skin at every level of society. Condescending media, economic headwind, educational headwind, down to whites having subconscious fear of blacks in particular, because deep down you know damn well they've had a boot on their face for a long long time and naturally they are pissed. And they're mocked for being oppressed and pissed in the first place. That would really piss me off, how about you? When whites are preparing for the "zombie apocalypse", you think it's a fantasy? No it's code for hungry urban poor people looting. Who might that be? wink wink. Get the joke yet? Authoritarians will happily blow your head off like they do in video games, so stay in line.

I find it to be very inspiring when I come across people of color that are self-trained color blind. I know it's orders of magnitude harder than it was for me. It keeps hope alive that a better future is possible.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The article mentions nothing of race.

2nd.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

This thread is not about the article, this thread is about the responses to the article and the question of encouraged racism as a distraction from economic issues. You know, like when some ignorant troll responds to a thread title without reading the thread...

top topics

join