It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia downs US drone *Breaking*

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

If he said nothing people would complain about his passiveness.

The truth is, he has hardly any cards to play besides immediate conflict.

AAC.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

all2human
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Go all in or all out
edit on 14-3-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

All in is [snip] scary.

All out is [snip] weak.

Both will choices will carry consequences.

AAC
edit on 14-3-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

AnAbsoluteCreation
reply to post by crazyewok

If he said nothing people would complain about his passiveness.

If what you say isn't credible, or worthy of respect and may initiate uncontrollable laughter among the enemy then saying nothing is probably best.

Talk is cheap.

This administration thinks it can do all of its foreign policy with lies, disinformation and drones. From a position of weakness you should expect your enemies to misbehave.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

beezzer
I'd display an American facepalm, but this goes beyond idiocy.

Why doesn't the administration just turn on CNN?

There are reporters RIGHT THERE!

Morons.

Our country is being run by morons!

They are not morons. Well mostly not.

They are .... terrorists. They are domestic and international thieves. They are murderers. They are torturers. Criminal trash, nothing more, nothing less.

And they are looking for another war as the economy collapses.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

ausername
This administration thinks it can do all of its foreign policy with lies, disinformation and drones. From a position of weakness you should expect your enemies to misbehave.

And in a very predictable manner. At this point it's best for the US to just pull out and come up with an entirely different game plan. I'm sure there is absolutely no shortage of classified info being leaked into enemy hands.

This whole Crimea situation has shown that the current administration is not equipped to play this game.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This is exactly how they brought down the drone over Iran.

No way in hell Iran did it alone, we even know the exact equipment used, it was in the news when Russia sent it there.

That they haven't fixed the fatal flaw yet, says that they can't.

How long before more rogue states have the ability? Putin seems to enjoy arming our adversaries.

link   
reply to post by TheBlackTiger

Fear is the answer !
Many delude themselves into blaming their own governments (rightly or wrongly)

They convince themselves Russia is right (reacting to our provocation) Rather than facing the stark reality that Russia is
and always has been a menacing authoritarian Country.
(The Bogeyman goes away and all is pink and fluffy again) If only our governments would stop provoking the Russians.

Just my opinion .. simply put.

link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

france failed once Germany also perhaps than the usa?...i'm doubting.....

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
So Russia invades a country.

And America sends Kerry and a drone. But then again, I'm being redundant.

As for what could we do? This is akin to worrying about the barn door after the horse is already out. True leadership would have given Putin pause to even consider attacking the Ukraine to begin with!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
To fight a hot war with Russia is insane.

What does Putin see?

He sees weakness. He knows we will do nothing but whine.

Hillary, John Kerry, with these two running our Foreign Policy.

He needs a warm water port. Well, he's got one now.

We threatened to seize their money. Guess what, it is long gone now.

I can't blame Putin. He knows nobody wants to fight.

Crimea is not worth a single American of British life.

No since crying....The milk was spilled a long time ago.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Timing

Your signature should show five minutes to midnight (I just checked the clock). Granted that clock is supposed to reflect the time to Nuclear Armageddon.

I actually think the USA and Russia could duke it out without using nukes. We would do it by usurping Countries like Venezuela, Syria and the Ukraine. Oh wait.......

Either way this is going to get messy.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

crazyewok

AnAbsoluteCreation
I see a lot of bashing our president (administration) over their inability to react effectively to Russia.

My question, what do you suppose he do? What options does he have?

AAC

Shut the hell up and stop making empty ultimatums would be a great start.

If you cant back up your threats stop making them.

Oh, then you hear "Obama is weak and kow-towing to invaders!".

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This actually bodes well for the U.S. We see that drone technology can be defeated. When they start deploying surveillance drones, we can easily down them without a shot fired. Thus putting the vice on the police state.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

mbkennel

crazyewok

AnAbsoluteCreation
I see a lot of bashing our president (administration) over their inability to react effectively to Russia.

My question, what do you suppose he do? What options does he have?

AAC

Shut the hell up and stop making empty ultimatums would be a great start.

If you cant back up your threats stop making them.

Oh, then you hear "Obama is weak and kow-towing to invaders!".

Obama has never shown strength. He's always been weak and kow-towing.

Remember this meme? He bowed to everyone!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Wow, that was pretty rude of them.

However, all the headlines I'm seeing are like "Russia Says It Took Down a US Drone Over Crimea."

Has the U.S. confirmed? No? Didn't think so.

(post by Hmmmmmmm removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

beezzer
So Russia invades a country.

And America sends Kerry and a drone. But then again, I'm being redundant.

As for what could we do? This is akin to worrying about the barn door after the horse is already out. True leadership would have given Putin pause to even consider attacking the Ukraine to begin with!

The Russians have been testing this administration from the beginning, in Iran and Syria in particular. They have pushed them into changing policies, backing down from threats etc, this crisis in the Ukraine is most likely the final test before the Russians push forward with plans to reconstitute the Soviet Union, or as much of it as they can get away with, by force where necessary.

The Russians do NOT want war. They are there because they can be, and concluded that it was strategically possible to do it and get away with it.

"Weakness invites attack"

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Yall do know that drone isnt a cutting edge drone right? That is one mass produced and sold on the market to all our allied militaries if i remember correctly.

As fore the rq-170. remember the footage of it suppossedly landing on a runway? That was a French NEURON in that footage landing on a allied runway.(not iranian but a desrt location)

The rq-170 though crashed in the desert with no runway in sight. The iranians then came in and picked it up and sat it on a flatbed truck. then after meeting up with the air force of Iran they used a helicopter to take the heaviest part to the hangars.
After that they started to re assemble the aircraft. If you look at the footage you can see where the repairs were made to it.

they re attached the wings and repainted it as well. And really anyone with a jammer or a laser within one mile of a drone can disrupt its GPS.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Naw, Russia will invade the Ukraine and Obama and crew will have their bluff called. Google is at fault for this one. They jumped the gun and got called out playing checkers and Putin seized the opportunity.

Ukraine could have stopped them in their tracks, but to take over a country it takes a lot more than just seizing the capital. They weren't equipped to deal with the situation.

That's a good idea about the clock in my signature though. I might have to change it to reflect the doomsday clock.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Thats not very nice.. reported
edit on Fri, 14 Mar 2014 16:56:06 -0500564America/ChicagoFriday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join