It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you use fluoride toothpaste?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Yup since the 70s.

I don't see any reason to change now either.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Based on my research it's effective topically. I'm not concerned about brushing with it. Only reason I don't brush with it is because I like making my own and save cash. Make my own shampoo as well.

Ingestion and dermal absorption of flouride I am however. Fortunately my county does not fluoridate its water.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Do you know if there is a difference in its effects if it is in water naturally? Where I was born and grew up(1950-1960), in Northeast Miss, I was told it was in the water naturally. I know bad teeth was never a problem for most family members. But cancer is, course there was a lot of bad dieting and alcohol in the family too.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Shana91aus

Yes it's very easy. I only just started to use the cornstartch. Coconut oil as you know liquifies at around 75 degrees so the cornstartch keeps it in a nice paste. You could also add mint essential oil (food grade) to it for a minty taste.

Coconut oil has been said to to whiten teeth for those that do oil pulling, and I have started to notice my teeth getting whiter. An added bonus is that the baking soda freshens the breath as well as any mouthwash.

I also use baking soda for everything from exfoliating my skin, to cleaning my sinks. And coconut oil the same thing, there are so many uses for it, just google it. If you want more ideas just PM me.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
No (The one i use is also sugar-free) and it really seems to make a difference - i can't remember having any cavities since then and it's been years since i use it.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Flouride just isn't something that concerns me. I haven't seen any studies that have persuaded me there are any dangers from it at the levels found in the water or other products.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 2manyholes

Thanks ao much for your very informative response
i agree baking soda is awesome for your skin! I use it with lemon sometimes too and i notice it makes my skin glow!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MojaveBurning

If you think your government are telling the truth about Fluoride (Chlorine or Mercury)then just have a look at the MSDS and all of a sudden you will realise they are really trying to poison you
www.bing.com...

The best way to look after your teeth is to rinse with Hydrogen peroxide (there is a trick to removing the taste) after eating a meal that contains sugary or sticky items if a food sticks to your teeth the acids will have a direct effect on the enamel

7 drops of 30% or 35% hydrogen peroxide in one gallon of distilled water, to remove the bleachy taste shake the water and the taste will go

Next dab a bit of sodium bicarbonate (Try and get medical grade as the normal baking soda contains small amounts of lead arsenic and mercury) on your toothbrush and quickly brush your teeth this will leave a residue that will mix with your saliva and refill any areas affected by the acid this will also refill the pulp inside your teeth apparently.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Don't use any Fluoridated toothpaste. There are a lot of options at most health food stores.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jinni73

Thanks! I actually made the switch to fluoride free toothpaste about a week ago. I got the Tom's of Maine kind, and so far I like it just fine. I want to give it a fair shot before I say anything positive or negative, but so far so good!

Once this tube is gone, I may delve into making my own like what you and others suggested so kindly here. I will have to play with adding some peppermint (and/or other) oil.

Does anyone know if I could mix up a small batch (like a weeks worth at a time) with a paste-like consistency? What sort of shelf life would that have? Would it need to be refrigerated?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
yes

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
No, I don't,I used to use toms of maine toothpaste, but figured out while it is alot better and natural than alot of other toothpastes, it still contained glycerin, and glycerin coats the teeth and prevents the re-mineralization of tooth enamel.So i started making my own out of baking soda,betonite clay,ginger powder,clove powder,peppermint extract/or oil and calcium powder.It works well, it has helped my bleeding gums to not bleed so much if at all,but the downside is the tase and the texture, i prefer my toothpaste to foam,but hey if the toothpaste is better for me, I really don't care how it tastes or feels.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I made the switch to non fluoride toothpaste after i first posted in this thread i use Grants herbal toothpaste its an Australian brand and easy to get so i gave it a go and im glad i made the switch i used to have sensitive teeth and it improved with the use of this, kind of ironic considering all the expensive toothpastes out there for sensitive teeth, it contains aloe vera & minerals and ofcourse no fluoride it doesnt have a yucky taste either just a nice mild mint taste and leaves my mouth & teeth clean.
edit on 30-7-2014 by Shana91aus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join