It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are UFO experts being murdered?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Do they take requests? Please make that toolbag Giorgio Tsoukalos 'disappear'.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
In order for this to be a proper question and thread, there would have to be a list of murdered UFO-Researchers including what each was working on at their time of death and the suspected cause of death. THEN one might be able to make comparisons and draw conclusions. Otherwise its just another poke in the dark followed by an avalanche of idle speculation.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I agree with that, but would add it's also just another advert for a Nick Redfern book. Seriously, there would be no Yahoo article about this if there wasn't a book to promote.
edit on 16-3-2014 by freelance_zenarchist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Dr. Rodger Lear died recently. He was the doctor that removed alien artifacts from humans that were said to be abductees. Lear was sick, but he doing interviews as recently as a few months ago. I guess you can add his name to the list of ufo researchers being murdered.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Since the late 1940s there have been 1000s of UFO researchers and enthusiasts. It doesn't make much of a case (for me) to highlight a rough dozen and then extrapolate from there that aliens and/or govt. spooks are 'murdering' them. The noisiest and most famous researchers died of old-age or age-related illnesses.

Have to agree with Kandinsky on this one. Not really statistically significant. And those that are under suspicion just don't seem to have had much in the way of any kind of major info.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RossWellOldMexico

I do belive it was Phillip coppens not micheal just to clear that up anyway ,I do belive this to be true and that ufologists and anyone who openly studies the subject and is famous for it is being killed off .coppens apperntly found some ancient alien artifacts in South America that would have been his smoking gun to his ancient alien theories just before he passed away ,then he mysteriously died from some rare unknown form of cancer is what they are saying anyway .dr.roger leir just died as well which I find suspiscious for those who don't know,which I know many fellow ats ers already know he was world famous alien implant removal surgeon.its not just me who thinks this has got murder written all over it and Phil Schneider I'm sure was not the first and won't be the last.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

nonconformist

I do belive it was Phillip coppens not micheal just to clear that up anyway ,I do belive this to be true and that ufologists and anyone who openly studies the subject and is famous for it is being killed off .coppens apperntly found some ancient alien artifacts in South America that would have been his smoking gun to his ancient alien theories just before he passed away ,then he mysteriously died from some rare unknown form of cancer is what they are saying anyway .dr.roger leir just died as well which I find suspiscious for those who don't know,which I know many fellow ats ers already know he was world famous alien implant removal surgeon.its not just me who thinks this has got murder written all over it and Phil Schneider I'm sure was not the first and won't be the last.
Thanks for the correction on Phillip Coppens' name. I intended no disrespect towards the late Phillip Coppens. I was replying to the post late at night. What did Coppens find in South America to be a threat to the establishment?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Dr Leir was in the business for 3 decades and died in his old-age. He was never really successful and the big-name abduction researchers ignored him. He did a few laps of the conference circuit and some of the low-end UFO/abduction podcasts, but generally failed to find the success and popularity of someone like Budd Hopkins. Rather than Dave Jacobs, Hopkins or Mack, poor Leir was stuck with the ridiculous Derrel Sims, Alien Hunter as a partner.

It was the same for Phil Coppens, a few years of dim limelight and not the success of Graham Hancock. He was unable to really gain the momentum that would have seen him escape niche fame. His cause of death wasn't 'apparently an unknown cancer,' it was angio sarcoma.

Seems like *if* aliens and blackops are 'murdering' folk, they're picking C-List researchers and then waiting a few years until after they had a little fame. Killing folks in their old-age *could* be a great way of 'hiding in plain sight' but it's more probable that simple old-age is doing the job its always done.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RadioKnecht

Hi.
Personally, I believe that THAT is just Scare Tactic by whomever, Governments, NASA, a private invested interested organization, to a group of nutty teens.
But it DOES have a potential of becoming real now...... Pfft! Hazers! ( Rolls Eyes )

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Kandinsky

Dr Leir was in the business for 3 decades and died in his old-age. He was never really successful and the big-name abduction researchers ignored him. He did a few laps of the conference circuit and some of the low-end UFO/abduction podcasts, but generally failed to find the success and popularity of someone like Budd Hopkins. Rather than Dave Jacobs, Hopkins or Mack, poor Leir was stuck with the ridiculous Derrel Sims, Alien Hunter as a partner.

It was the same for Phil Coppens, a few years of dim limelight and not the success of Graham Hancock. He was unable to really gain the momentum that would have seen him escape niche fame. His cause of death wasn't 'apparently an unknown cancer,' it was angio sarcoma.

Seems like *if* aliens and blackops are 'murdering' folk, they're picking C-List researchers and then waiting a few years until after they had a little fame. Killing folks in their old-age *could* be a great way of 'hiding in plain sight' but it's more probable that simple old-age is doing the job its always done.

How do you determine who is a C-list researcher? They are ALL in the same field in finding the truth. How can you say Dr. Lier was not a successful researcher when George Noory is paying tribute to him on Coast To Coast AM? You name Budd Hopkins, but he never had a scientific background. I understand Hopkins was an artist at best, who had no business conducting hypnosis on people, but rather they needed to see true professionals like Mack and Jacobs instead. You can't discount Sims because he has a background in law enforcement and worked in a government agency like the CIA, meaning he can conduct a extensive investigation

I didn't know what killed Coppens. From my understanding, I thought the angio sarcoma was a form of cancer.

How do you explain the death of Lloyd Pye? What becomes of the Starchild Skull after Pye's death?

Just because you see the nurse bringing a pillow to you as you lay in a ICU unit, you wonder if she/he is bringing comfort to you with it or is she/he going to smother you with it. Even when the evidence is circumstantial, you compile enough of it, it makes circumstantial evidence too hard to ignore. The late Jim Garrison was harassed for bringing the Kennedy Assassination in the courts. And they never found the killer(s) of Karen Silkwood who drew attention of corruption in nuclear power facilities.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

How do you determine who is a C-list researcher? They are ALL in the same field in finding the truth.

Some aren't seeking 'truth,' they're just hustling money and looking for attention.

How can you say Dr. Lier was not a successful researcher when George Noory is paying tribute to him on Coast To Coast AM?

C'mon? C2C and George Noory have a lot of non-entities on the show. Within the field, nobody ever cared what he did or said. In my own opinion, he was a grifter.

You can't discount Sims because he has a background in law enforcement and worked in a government agency like the CIA, meaning he can conduct a extensive investigation

I discount him totally because he's done interviews and I've listened to them. The one on OpenMinds was the single most entertaining podcast I've ever heard and I was actually belly-laughing at his claims. He's car-chased Grey aliens through cities whilst they're disguised as little old ladies.

For what it's worth, Lloyd Pye was also a grifter in my opinion. He toured his skull and his ideas through retirement communities and sucked up dollar donations. Again, he was into his old-age when he passed. The whereabouts of the skull don't interest me at all however it's possible that relatives will have inherited it and are now wondering what to do with it.

People have been assassinated, disappeared and killed off for years and it happens in most every country on Earth. Where you and me will disagree is whether any of these UFO/paranormal researchers have been 'killed.' They've all been public for 15 years or more and passed away in old-age right? Why is old-age less likely than aliens and blackops?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

The real sad part is that I bet these people tried tirelessly to get help and no one would listen. Saying, "You need to get help." in that patronizing tone reserved for drug addicts.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

The alien species on this planet often DO disguise themselves as the elderly. You have to keep in mind that a lot of these beings are telepathic so you see them as what they want you to see them. Obviously the 7 footers aren't playing grandma, but they do disguise themselves as old people. It gets them left alone. But if you look in their eyes, they can never hide the utter disdain they have for you.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

People who get too close to learning something, makes the Aliens nervous and so the top them off. More likely Aliens doing it, or a second species which is indigenous within out solar system.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

They've all been public for 15 years or more and passed away in old-age right? Why is old-age less likely than aliens and blackops?

They become easy targets when old as the can be taken out and passed off as due to old age.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

People who get too close to learning something, makes the Aliens nervous and so the top them off. More likely Aliens doing it, or a second species which is indigenous within out solar system.

If you turn up dead, chances are government is involved on some level. But if you just end up missing one day. Then it was alien on their own. Believe it or not, our government is actually trying to help things stay quiet without a citizen dying.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Kandinsky

How do you determine who is a C-list researcher? They are ALL in the same field in finding the truth.

Some aren't seeking 'truth,' they're just hustling money and looking for attention.

How can you say Dr. Lier was not a successful researcher when George Noory is paying tribute to him on Coast To Coast AM?

C'mon? C2C and George Noory have a lot of non-entities on the show. Within the field, nobody ever cared what he did or said. In my own opinion, he was a grifter.

You can't discount Sims because he has a background in law enforcement and worked in a government agency like the CIA, meaning he can conduct a extensive investigation

I discount him totally because he's done interviews and I've listened to them. The one on OpenMinds was the single most entertaining podcast I've ever heard and I was actually belly-laughing at his claims. He's car-chased Grey aliens through cities whilst they're disguised as little old ladies.

For what it's worth, Lloyd Pye was also a grifter in my opinion. He toured his skull and his ideas through retirement communities and sucked up dollar donations. Again, he was into his old-age when he passed. The whereabouts of the skull don't interest me at all however it's possible that relatives will have inherited it and are now wondering what to do with it.

People have been assassinated, disappeared and killed off for years and it happens in most every country on Earth. Where you and me will disagree is whether any of these UFO/paranormal researchers have been 'killed.' They've all been public for 15 years or more and passed away in old-age right? Why is old-age less likely than aliens and blackops?
You must think Budd Hopkins was a grifter also because you offered no rebuttal on his credentials. So what's wrong with being compensated for having a unique item or idea in a Capitalist society? Researchers like Dolan, Bassett and Pye don't have access to University grants to continue their study, so they have to ask for donations or write books to get to the truth.

You listen to OpenMinds? That has got to be the worst show on the Net. I'm glad it made you laugh. But as Sims was relating his story, you have got to admit he was investigating an encounter in the end.

The late Lloyd Pye's Starchild Skull is still a fascinating object. The DNA that was identified as unknown makes it mystifying. The ScS cranial capacity is larger than a human skull. That can't be swept away at all. At least, we can agree to disagree on this matter. Have a grand day, Kandinsky!
edit on 23-3-2014 by RossWellOldMexico because: paragragh stucture

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Kandinsky

This sounded so funny I had to listen to it, and oh man am I ever glad I did! Definitely the most entertaining podcast I've heard.

Thanks Kandinsky

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

What exactly makes them "experts"..? Who knows what kind of shady business these guys where into. 'IF' they where murdered. Alot of people are murdered everyday though I don't think these people have really done much in their field of study to be silenced...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join