It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biotech to extend convicts' lives 'indefinitely' 1000 years in prison?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
To be honest we are all accountable for our actions, so if YOU decide to commit a crime as heinous as the above mentioned, YOU should suffer the consequences. I dont think rehabilitating someone after raping soming or molesting someone is for the betterment of ANY society. Humans are not random animals, to commit a crime as bad as those would have to be premidated, therefore they should have got help beforehand. The lives of those violated will NEVER BE REHABILITATED, so torturing the perpetrators either by force or pychologically will eventually break them.

Women who lie about rape are completely wrong for doing that, but in THIS hypothetical situation, where the perpetrators are GUILTY, even a 1000 years in a comfortable cell wouldnt be enough. Death is the easiest way for them, so they should be made to suffer before it.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

This is so utterly repugnant. To tax payers.

This is where the chemicals used to effect time dilation come into play. You could put someone in a cell for a day but within their mind it would seem a thousand years. Wouldn't even have to give them lunch and they'd be freed at the end of the day. How's that for suffering?

As I said earlier, they better come up with an anti-insanity medicine before they let these folks out of jail.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Four words come to mind: Cruel and Unusual punishment.

Four more words come to mind: Waste of taxpayer money.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
i didn't see it in the article, might have missed it. are they wanting to make this the next step in evolution where everyone is born able to live a thousand years or just take a pill, to live that long. and what would the quality of life be. would you be feeble, or would you be fit.

now if it's just to take a pill, whats the point. if you sentence them to life without parole that's it. they severe their life out in prison, whatever that maybe 20,30 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90yrs would be rare to serve longer but it could happen.

all making someone serve a thousand years does is, to make them suffer. some might become institutionalized and not function ie feeble, some might hold a grudge, ie fit and strike back at the system.

does that sound like the movie demolition man character Simon Phoenix. i guess they could come up with a Cocteau Plan then.
edit on 14-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

Britain tried dumping all our Criminals on a Island......we called it Australia

edit on 14-3-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

As I said earlier, they better come up with an anti-insanity medicine before they let these folks out of jail.

If there was anti-insanity medicine the perps should have received it before perpetrating their crimes. I agree they can't be rehabilitated, but they can learn to control their impulses.

This idea just seems really evil. Humans playing "God" comes to mind.

Just let them go! A firing squad is more humane and more appropriate if a person is that much of a danger to society. But the real problem is eliminating (after finding) the cause of their misanthropy and violence.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Lots of cons were sent to The New World, too - to north america.

Psychopaths are part of our lot as a specie. What to do with them or about them is a huge conundrum. I'd prefer we stopped producing them

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

crazyewok

Britain tried dumping all our Criminals on a Island......we called Australia

i think i wet myself reading that

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

999zxcv

I aim to please

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

999zxcv

crazyewok

I was just waiting for that one.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The Day the US collapses... is the day people will want to go to jail in mass numbers.....

I see it now.... 200 million jailed purposely and kept alive for 500 years of slavery.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Bassago

999zxcv

crazyewok

I was just waiting for that one.

i hate to disappoint anyone on ats

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Wow, humanity becomes sicker by the day. Who actually has joy over the idea of someone being kept alive by technology for 1,000 years in jail?

So if there is a 1,000 year jail sentence for Marijuana for example, you have to be in jail for 1,000 years just because some other people decided that it's 'bad' and you shouldn't have rights of your own body.

Remember people, laws change and some are ridiculous...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

arpgme

So if there is a 1,000 year jail sentence for Marijuana for example, you have to be in jail for 1,000 years just because some other people decided that it's 'bad' and you shouldn't have rights of your own body.

I dont think we are talking Marijuana here.

More like the Ted Bundeys and Jeffrey Dahmer of this world.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

crazyewok

arpgme

That sounds suspiciously like famous last words. Don't forget Bush's line (paraphrased) "If you're not with us you're against us!"

Makes me wonder what they'd do to Ed Snowden with this tech if they caught him, 100,000 years? What about all the people they've locked up for capital crimes for decades only to release them with a "Whoops, wrong guy, sorry."

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Bassago
What about all the people they've locked up for capital crimes for decades only to release them with a "Whoops, wrong guy, sorry."

Thats why I'm anti death penalty.

Least with incarceration if you get it wrong you can go "Whoops, wrong guy, sorry."

If law abiding citizens are able to live hundreds of years more then its just as bad to leave a pensioner to die a natural death after 75 years and then 200 years later find out he was innocent and he could have lived another 1000 odd years in freedom.
edit on 14-3-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

crazyewok

That's the way it always starts off. The excuse is "to fight against evil" but of course we know the reality that technology is taken advantage of.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Last year, a team of scientists led by Rebecca Roache began exploring technologies that could keep prisoners in an artificial hell.

You mean like plugging them in, and they are born on this place called Earth, to have a pointless, miserable life? I could believe it...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
They can already extend life beyond normal limits - look at David Rockefeller and Henry Kissinger.
They won't die! Like some kind of supergerm or something.
They are wasting money extending life when it should be the quality of life they're concerned with.
Maybe they should just drink blood like all the other vampires do.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If we taught our children to be effective in disciplines and everything they do - we would not have so many evil people. Our next generations would not need this type of treatment if we taught our children correctly! The government knows this, they have the syek (read backwards) as revelations says. They are not ignorant of this matter!

I'm going to try to do something about this.
edit on 14-3-2014 by RevelationsDivad because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2014 by RevelationsDivad because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join