It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could "Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey" be the disclosure we are hoping for?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
First off let me state. This is my first real thread on the forum, and I hope I am complying with all rules and regulations in posting this. If not, feel free to lock/404 this at your pleasure and I will not be mad in the slightest. Here goes.

Could the new TV series be a tool of disclosure?

I for one believe, that aliens are in fact engaging us here on planet earth. There are multiple forms of evidence to confirm that there is something not of this earth showing up/landing/etc.

In believing this though, there are some hardships to overcome. The main one being, "why isn't anyone 'reliable' covering this?", or "Why would they (US Gov) keep this from us?". The answers to these questions are still unclear.

For a while now, I've been seeing videos on YouTube, that are stating that we are coming up on full disclosure from our government. This seems plausible to me, seeing as, they have let too many cracks continue to form in the wall of denial. There is a strong movement of individuals pushing to let this information out, and put what they know into the public domain.

This all brings me to what I just saw that made my jaw drop. I was strolling here on ATS when I stumbled upon a thread talking about the new show. So I started to look into it and of course ended up on the wiki and saw this:

Source: Wikipedia

I saw the episode names, and it hit me, could this be the tool for exposing the masses to the truth? Sure the names may be made to look convincing, but its thought provoking to me.

Just in case you don't believe the episode titles on wiki (as they are not currently on IMDB), I traced the source listed on wiki to the website for the show, and this is what I saw:

Source: Nat Geo

At this point I may seem like a cook but, just making observations and discussing them people. I'm not saying I saw this in a dream, or that it is fact, just openly toying with the thought.

AND COMMENCE!

edit on 14-3-2014 by andr3w68 because: Source name given, and grammatical error

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I like MacFarlane, so it should be at least entertaining. And even with very low possibilities there is something to disclose, it surely would be awesome. I'd love to have an alien friend.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

andr3w68

This all brings me to what I just saw that made my jaw drop. I was strolling here on ATS when I stumbled upon a thread talking about the new show. So I started to look into it and of course ended up on the wiki and saw this:

Source: Wikipedia

Interesting, although I doubt that the show will come close to anything we'd consider to be a public disclosure. Sounds more like NDG Tyson will follow the trails of Carl Sagan, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

As for your thoughts on disclosure/cover-ups: I "tend" to believe that 'they' (ET) may act according to a prime directive preventing them from interacting with us on a large scale. It's more about them than about us. We'd want contact to happpen, no question, but it may put 'them' in a difficult situation because they probably couldn't stay neutral and would be forced to form alliances with some of us, while others would perceive this as injustice or even a threat (in the long run). Here, we may consider our own colonial history in some regions of the world.

IMO, any interaction with superior beings, especially if they are much more advanced, could be problematic from the perspespective of potential ET representatives. This is to be seen in terms of the social dimension and economical cooperation (in the long run). They'd have a hard time presenting themselves as the messengers of peace & progress (for all) towards a humanity that hasn't yet overcome many basic problems & challenges among themselves.

I know I could be wrong about this, but this could explain two important aspects: (1) why disclosure is 'not an option' for any government on Earth and (2) why ET civilizations are essentially undetectable (stealth technology/cloaking) with only a very limited range of interaction with humanity.

Just my 2 cents, as usual ...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

jeep3r

As for your thoughts on disclosure/cover-ups: I "tend" to believe that 'they' (ET) may act according to a prime directive preventing them from interacting with us on a large scale.

I can see this as being true as well, a kind of silent observer approach. There are however too many slip ups and documents to prove that there IS more than they are letting out. This means they are covering/trying to hide SOMETHING. I just personally feel its time for them to "spill the beans" as it were, and give out what they do know. However little that may be.

That's all I'm looking for here. :-) Just a place to converse rationally with like minded individuals.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Ive always viewed government disclosure as reverse psychology.

After Roswell the craze started in earnest (even though reports of UFO have occurred throughout human history). The we had the broadcast of war of the worlds, where panic set in.

Since then the number of people who believe there is life in space have been steadily growing. We have moved away from the governments initial claims that life is out there (Roswell), to denial from governments.

The question has always been is humanity at a point in evolution that the knowledge of extraterrestrial intelligence wont have adverse affects. So over the years the populations on earth began to challenge government to release what they know.

In essence, instead of the government deciding if we are ready, the people are deciding. Everyday we move forward, people demand the truth / release of information.

At some point that push by the citizens will hit critical mass.

What better way to decide if the people of earth are ready for ET disclosure when its demanded by the people.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by andr3w68

thanks for bringing this up

watched a bit of ep #1

this is going to be interesting series

peace

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Fascinating. I spend approx. 8 hours a day, 3 days a week researching all aspects, but predominantly ET life and interaction with humanity, and our place here in the Multiverse.

Sisters of the sun. Hmmm very interesting. I've heard that phrase before..

Yes it certainly appears to be another step in the direction of official disclosure.. though you have to really find your own truth, as the liars (govt.) will hold onto the lie until the bitter end before finally admitting it. (see NSA and the spying scandal).

When you have credible people such as the Canadian MOD (Paul Heally or Heller I can't remember) advocating disclosure and talking of the US govt. interaction with The Tall whites, and other prominent people such as the Russian Prime minister talking openly about the large number of ET's present on planet earth right now.. or Astronauts and high ranking military and pilots, British politicians etc. etc. etc. I already have my answer, and I don't need the bull# liars and murderers aka the US govt. to come out on the brainwash box in a shirt and tie to "officially" give me a part truth that I already know.

Sadly, the sheeple and society as a whole haven't got the time to get off their backsides and do some research..and as a result will never know the truth.

You could get a UFO a mile wide and hover it in the sky for an hour and they'd dismiss it as CGI.. or have an ET wave at them, and that would be a costume or special effects.. They only look, to the ones that have been lying to them all along, waiting for that man in a suit to say..yes, ET's exist.
edit on 14-3-2014 by vivid1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I will be probably watching this show from time to time, to see if it catches my fancy being related to space, but I won't be holding my breath regarding any disclosure. If you want some answers to your questions check out the Stanton Friedman posts from a few days ago. Like many here, and myself included he is a believer that SOME ufo's are alien visitors, that Roswell and others, were indeed a cover up. He specifies the reasons why there won't be any disclosure anytime soon. Welcome by the way. Hope you enjoy it here as much as I do.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I did a Rant forum thread on this very possibility a couple of weeks ago. This series, is following the lead of Sagan's 1980s Cosmos format. We can expect that it will deal heavily toward the end episode with the likelihood of other life in the Universe. I suspect that it will go further than that and give us some "suggestions" to think about in regard to the possibility of ancient life on Mars. --That would be a nice, safe jump for the mass of human minds to be taken to. If the series were to be really open-minded, they would finish up by having us wonder, about the yet unanswered questions about the mysterious UFOs that still linger on.

If the series seems to over-glorify the importance in humans in general and science in particular during the episodes, you can bet that is intentional, as our coming to terms with other intelligent life is going to be very traumatic to the entire human psyche as human self-worth takes a big hit.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

There are several ways you could interpret some of those episode titles, and a possible revelation about alien life is only one of quite a few.

I would say, do not get your hopes up.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

In addition to my previous posting on the subject of this show, I have to amend my original statement. I have actually seen some of an episode of this show now, having found it on the internet last night, and been eager to see what the show was actually like, in terms of its presentation, and quality.

The show appears to be wonderfully directed, which it would be, having as it does, Brannon Braga at its helm in this regard. It is also clear that the artistic direction is of high quality, featuring many beautiful scenes of the narrator of the show, sealed within "the ship of the mind" as it plies the gaps between celestial objects, gorgeous renderings of which pass by in the background....

However, this show is not what I would call quality rich in terms of information. Instead of actually taking the viewer into deep space, and collating all that we know, or think we know, about the realms with which it concerns itself, the show goes off on historical tangents, about the people in the early years of astronomy, who discovered the progenitors of the methods we use today, to explore our universe. Now, worthy as some might consider such a route, I personally think that no show about the Cosmos, should look in any direction but outward.

Another thing that rather irked me, was that the journey through the space between our planet, and the edge of our solar system, was wrapped up in a mere fifteen minutes. I would argue that the historical waffle, all of which is interesting, but none of which moves us forward at all, could have been forgone, in favour of offering the solar system an entire episode. Hell, JUPITER should have had its own episode. It basically amounts to a microcosmic solar system, sans the sun, and its moons are some of the most interesting objects in our Solar System. But for some reason, this show seems unwilling to do even the nearest of our celestial neighbors, any justice what so ever, or offer any particular detail on them.

In short, this documentary series, if the first episode is anything to go by, will aggravate anyone who has ever had the good fortune to watch a BBC documentary on the same subject line, because it is detail light, image heavy, and seems to be aimed at people who have never had a thought deeper than your average petri dish.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Ha! When I watched Cosmos last Sunday and they were talking about the creation of the universe, all I could think about was a clip from Family Guy. I had no idea Seth McFarland had a hand in bringing Cosmos back. I knew I liked that guy!

As far as alien disclosure, I'm not so sure. While watching the first episode I kept wondering how long this show will be able to stay on. I love it already and plan to watch it weekly, but I know many don't have the attention span for science. My husband included. Perhaps if the show becomes a phenomenon that has millions of viewers throughout the series. I'm expecting the viewers to drop as the show moves forward, but maybe I'm just a pessimist. There wouldn't be much point in using the show for disclosure if the viewership is relatively low.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

jeep3r

Interesting, although I doubt that the show will come close to anything we'd consider to be a public disclosure. Sounds more like NDG Tyson will follow the trails of Carl Sagan, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

As for your thoughts on disclosure/cover-ups: I "tend" to believe that 'they' (ET) may act according to a prime directive preventing them from interacting with us on a large scale. It's more about them than about us. We'd want contact to happpen, no question, but it may put 'them' in a difficult situation because they probably couldn't stay neutral and would be forced to form alliances with some of us, while others would perceive this as injustice or even a threat (in the long run). Here, we may consider our own colonial history in some regions of the world.

IMO, any interaction with superior beings, especially if they are much more advanced, could be problematic from the perspespective of potential ET representatives. This is to be seen in terms of the social dimension and economical cooperation (in the long run). They'd have a hard time presenting themselves as the messengers of peace & progress (for all) towards a humanity that hasn't yet overcome many basic problems & challenges among themselves.

I know I could be wrong about this, but this could explain two important aspects: (1) why disclosure is 'not an option' for any government on Earth and (2) why ET civilizations are essentially undetectable (stealth technology/cloaking) with only a very limited range of interaction with humanity.

What an extremely well written post, very succinct.

Interesting thread OP, Sn'f, am looking forward to the series whatever knowledge it has to impart.
The whole area of alien disclosure fascinates me. Far from being a fringe 'kooky' subject I view it more as Theoretical Anthropology encompassing Political Science and Philosophy.

Who knows what will happen?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Attention span? For that?

I am not trying to be rude here, but if one can breathe in and out, and remain interested enough in doing so to live for a few decades, then one can watch this show. To be honest, this documentary has to be one of the most dumbed down that I have ever had the displeasure of watching. In fact, the show appears to have been constructed to allow for those with attention span issues, and has suffered greatly as a result. It could have been good, if the shows creators had merely concentrated on the science, and abandoned all attempts to make it "watchable" for those with no particular interest in the subject matter.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I agree it was not the most fact rich show I have ever seen on the topic. It was an introduction episode, though. I believe it is dumbed down so it suits primetime TV.

However, I don't think the problem is that it is too difficult to understand, I think people just plain don't care. They would much rather watch Bob's Burgers and American Dad, which Cosmos took the place of. I see people flipping the channel once Family Guy is over. Uh oh, educational television, time to turn it. We are in a society that loves reality TV shows like Honey Boo Boo. Just my opinion, though. Like I said, maybe I'm just too much of a pessimist.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

I hadn't heard anything about this new series until my teenage son asked me to record the series. We watched the first episode a few nights ago, and I totally agree that it is science completely dumbed down. But, when it was over, my son-shine asked me if I would buy the DVD of the series when it is complete!

Chalk one up to Seth McFarlane, et al. for grabbing the attention of at least 1 typical American youth; one that has recently become more interested in his social life than keeping his "A" average GPA.

It was a small glimmer of hope for this frustated mom.

edit on 3/15/2014 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Good for him! That must have been a great feeling!

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

not if DeGrasse-Tyson is the host. they still talk about comets as dirty snowballs and it just ain't true. Kaku is more truthful than Tyson

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

I think there is at least one group who is partial to us so periodically they give us a hand to hopefully straighten out our recurrent problems that we only bring about ourselves. If I had one wish from them I would wish for a zero-impact form of energy that they could limit so we wouldn't destroy ourselves but that would get us off fossil fuels. I think that would solve the majority of our problems. And I believe they are somewhat responsible for our problems because they created us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join