It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian doctor makes anti-Obamacare senator look like a buffoon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Personally, I don't care which party was shown to be the fool. Simply put, I believe in the USA Constitution, and Obamacare is unconstitutional. The government has no business sticking its nose into health care. End of story!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

buster2010

hounddoghowlie

buster2010

hounddoghowlie

poet1b
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Your source is a conservative right wing think tank.

You can get better information from the typical gossip mag.

Obama care is as bad as republicans could make it.

so says a obumacare supporter.
ever notice that when someone that's a liberal or dummiecrat doesn't like someone or they disagree with them, they called them rightwing, and start making it pooh pooh on their source, even when the source have a world wide following or ranking.

and the dummiecrats didn't need the republicans help in making a bad law. obauma, his cronies and the insurance compines did that all on their own.

Hate to break this to you but the ACA was dreamed up by the right wing Heritage Foundation and it was a Republican by the name of Mitt Romney that used it first.

me and you done had this conversation, and as you see it was dummiecrats that pushed it through, just like the nafta and ggat talk we had.

Republicans pushed the ACA for years after it was dreamed up and it was Reagan and Bush that signed NAFTA. Your memory needs work.

try again,
as i said before in the last conversation, reagan dreamed it, bush signed the agreement ,clinton signed it into law Dec 8 1993. he didn't have to sign it into law, he could have vetoed it.

Before the negotiations were finalized, Bill Clinton came into office in the U.S. and Kim Campbell in Canada, and before the agreement became law, Jean Chrétien had taken office in Canada.
North American Free Trade Agreement

that's two times now. bone up on history.
edit on 14-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Well, I think that US and Canadian medical could both do with some improvement.

US - way to expensive and forced upon us.
Canadian - Cheaper, but you get what you pay for, pretty poor!!

I know that US healthcare has been ruined by money and gov but Canadian Healthcare is pretty average at best and their price of medication makes up for cheaper healthcare.

Both have a long way to go!!

One thing Canada does better than everyone else is fudge and present false statistics on anything that could make them look bad. Lies from gov over there non stop!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

projectbane
Well, I think that US and Canadian medical could both do with some improvement.
US - way to expensive and forced upon us.
Canadian - Cheaper, but you get what you pay for, pretty poor!!
Seem to be a lot of cynical, conspiracy-minded ATS types from Canada that disagree with all these American arm-chair experts. The system is only as good as one's last experience with it. Looks like Canadians are pretty happy with their system.

Hands up Canucks...who wants to swap for the American system? Either the present one or the Republican alternative (whatever the hell that is)?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

one thing i left out of my last reply, well maybe two depending on how you see it.

i just wanted to ask you something. and point out something.
now from reading some of the other posts of yours in different threads, i take it that you support obumacare, and you don't care much for the GOP.

so why do you keep on pointing out the reagan started stuff, and then democrats push it through?
i'm misunderstanding you? or are you trying to show they all work for the same goal, or people?
or are you trying to show that, the GOP cares more for the people than liberals/ democrats let on or pretend they don't?

it's got to be one of the these these things if reagan dreamed it up. or could it be that democrats want to continue to ride in his wake from all those years ago. and take credit where they can.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

People are not dying in the streets, as you so dramatically state.
Any person within the US can go to any hospital to get service, regardless of their ability to pay.

You foreigners really need to stop having what you see on TV drive what you tell those of us in the US what we should be doing.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg

Then you're not particularly sensible and are cutting off your nose to spite your face. If your neighbour's house catches fire what are you going to do - lend him your hose or give him a lecture on self-reliance?

Yeah, because what you stated TOTALLY is equal to not wanting my money stolen to give to others.

AngryCymraeg
And you seriously are turning down a bank holiday on the day after Christmas Day????

A day off to go out and spend money sounds fantastic.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I have been dreaming of a rocket pack.

Just because it comes out, doesn't mean I'm responsible for it.

Also, it was from a "Think Tank". You do know what a Think Tank is, right???

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

macman
You foreigners really need to stop having what you see on TV drive what you tell those of us in the US what we should be doing.
Well, actually that Canadian doctor was invited down to testify. More to the point...about that TV comment...does that include her statement that 45000 Americans die annually because they have no insurance?

How come they get thrown under the bus when you guys guaranteed universal health care in Iraq? Obviously, this is a discussion about moral values.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

JohnnyCanuck
Well, actually that Canadian doctor was invited down to testify. More to the point...about that TV comment...does that include her statement that 45000 Americans die annually because they have no insurance?

I would really love to see the source of her stats.
I have yet to see anyone die, because they couldn't get treatment. That is the biggest farce out there.
I have seen hospitals go bankrupt because of this Govt forced guarantee.

JohnnyCanuck
How come they get thrown under the bus when you guys guaranteed universal health care in Iraq? Obviously, this is a discussion about moral values.

Yes, Govt moral being pushed. There isn't the push for more Govt control of life, like the Media portrays.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Not me. Canadian healthcare has it's problems, sure. But I wouldn't trade it for an American style system for anything. Americans have this weird aversion to taxes. I get that you want to keep all the money you've earned, but up here most of us don't mind having money taken off our paychecks every month because we know part of that money goes towards public health care. I know that if I break my arm in an accident tomorrow, I can go to the hospital and get the professional treatment I need and not get a bill for hundreds or even thousands of dollars in the mail. I'm ok with paying income tax if it means I have that security. If (God forbid) I develope a serious illness and require long term care, I don't have to take out a new mortgage to get the care I need or risk dying because I don't have a mortgage or rich family members to help me foot the bill.

The vast majority of Canadians prefer our system and would never opt for American style health care, and that is the truth. The minority of people who might want privatized health care are probably filthy rich and want special treatment. They aren't going to get it here, since they have the money to go south of the border if they want.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

macman

Any person within the US can go to any hospital to get service, regardless of their ability to pay.

They might not be dying in the streets, but they might wish they had once they get the bill.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Exposes senator as a buffoon.
To get a health system that works for all, first the current system ( an unaffordable insurance wet dream)or the medico industrial complex needs to be dismantled.

Why do people need health insurance?
They need medical care not bankster insurance.
To get medical care why increase the costs of health care it by involving insurance, isn't medical care is a human right?
edit on 14-3-2014 by BDBinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

BDBinc

Exposes senator as a buffoon.
To get a health system that works for all, first the current system ( an unaffordable insurance wet dream)or the medico industrial complex needs to be dismantled.

Why do people need health insurance?
They need medical care not bankster insurance.
To get medical care why increase the costs of health care it by involving insurance, isn't medical care is a human right?
edit on 14-3-2014 by BDBinc because: (no reason given)

Because of the way American laws work. There needs to be an insurance company acting as a go between because in the U.S it's possible for people to start lawsuits and malpractice suits over all kinds of silly things. Couple that with the fact that the entire healthcare system in the U.S is privatized and hospitals are essentially for profit institutions and you need an insurance company to act as an intermediary incase things go wrong for either party. While healthcare professionals should be held accountable, there is a different system in Canada. We don't really have "health insurance" since we have a public system, and in cases of malpractice you can't sue the doctor or staff (you basically have to sue the government).

Edit to add:

I should clarify a bit. We DO have health insurance companies here, but they operate for things that the public healthcare system doesn't cover. Public healthcare doesn't cover things like cosmetic surgery, dentistry, optometry, etc. For everything that the public system doesn't cover, you can choose to purchase health insurance yourself or get it through your employer if they offer it, or not bother with coverage for those things if you don't feel you need it.
edit on 14-3-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

DeadSeraph

macman

They might not be dying in the streets, but they might wish they had once they get the bill.

Comparing apples to telephone.

Cost will always be there. Nothing is free, as someone must always end up with the bill.

The take on this depends on who you are comfortable with paying for it.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

macman
I would really love to see the source of her stats.

Health Insurance and Mortality in US Adults

Replicating the methods of the IOM panel with updated census data24,25 and this hazard ratio, we calculated 27 424 deaths among Americans aged 25 to 64 years in 2000 associated with lack of health insurance. Applying this hazard ratio to census data from 200526 and including all persons aged 18 to 64 years yields an estimated 35 327 deaths annually among the nonelderly associated with lack of health insurance. When we repeated this approach without age stratification, (thought by investigators at the Urban Institute to be an overly conservative approach)23 we calculated approximately 44 789 deaths among Americans aged 18 to 64 years in 2005 associated with lack of health insurance.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe they need to apply the full scientific method, instead of picking and choosing.
The services for medical treatment are there and can't be denied. The fact that people don't have "insurance" does not then mean they died.
They died because they took little to no action to treat any list of illness.

The uninsured are more likely to go without needed care than the insured.

Read More: ajph.aphapublications.org... earchHistoryKey=&

Again, the "uninsured" made the decision not to seek care.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

macman
Again, the "uninsured" made the decision not to seek care.
Ya...could be they decided to pay for housing or feed their families instead. In a civilised society, that shouldn't have to be a choice.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Just providing the study.

Canada and the US are different. As such, they will require different solutions to problems that appear similar on the surface.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join