It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The square of a curve. The 1 that is 2, the 3 that is 1.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
So I have been thinking,

There is a rhythm to creation, everything. A pulse of life that is both as subtle as a light breeze and as overt as the rising Sun.

It could be argued to be at times a discernible pattern. The golden mean comes to life. A constant between chaos and order, oblivion and creation.

I would like to expand on the pattern. One of them in particular.

This particular pattern is interwoven into the very nature of cycles. Those of time, the witness of reality in between it and the effect our constant mortality has in our choices…in the direction of our lives.

This pattern is:

The one that is two, The three that are one.

In this we start with a single one divided into two, or alternatively two separate ones joined into one.

In both cases we have three components cycling into recurring states of each other; the united single one from two separate components or the divided single one into two separate components.

Two and one forms of existence of everything being both created and destroyed.
This is similar to the cycle of life. Body and soul separating in death or two people joining together to create a new life. The totality of all and everything in all forms.

I feel that this is all at the heart of the Kronos legend and pertaining to the nature of chaos and order. Creation and oblivion.

Kronos overthrows his father and is later overthrown himself by his son. The three supreme descendants of Gaia, the one that begat two, all leading into each other through violent upheaval by one younger supreme entity over an older supreme entity. The result is a new age. Creation follows and all that will be is made and determined. It is curious that These supreme entities could not predict, alter or in any meaningful way, avoid their own destruction at the hands of their own creation.

Perhaps the lesson learned is that even omnipotence has no power over death existing in some form of passing.
The correlation between time or rather each “age” of existence and its length or power of knosis can be seen by the power of each successive generation of God. Each time violent upheaval changes an older Gods rule, a younger God takes over with less power of creation.

A winding down is apparent. The golden age is the most prominent or “powerful” age of creation and mastery. The silver age is a more harsh, barren form of creation resulting from violent upheaval of the supreme order…by chaos. The bronze age then comes and is an even more harsh form of existence resulting from yet another violent upheaval of an order by chaos. All forms of Chaos and order in their manifestations as Gods in their respective “ages” lead to creation through destruction. New ages, although less in greatness forming a continuum of existence.
Time in its cycle. Reality in focus.

1 = 2, 3 = 1
What is 4?
4 is all the instances of predictable (malleable) reality unfolding. The square of a curve.
Imagine that a curve is odd and even is straight. 3 points winding up or down from each other can make instances of straight lines along every other point of convergence between them in a curve(odd). A straight line (even)is formed by using only two points of those three. The fabled Judeo-Christian power of good to “write straight with crooked lines” comes to mind.

The golden mean squared. A spiral squared by the very measure of its entirety coiled. Then measured first in every other instance of it along straight lines where All lines are in different directions. I see every three doubled, quadrupled, ect. Every other one in either direction. Infinity and one.

What I think this means is that creation become less powerful in its passing. Death or rather destruction, CHAOS, does not become less powerful with each passing age like creation does. It simply stays the same.

Mortality is ever more permanent and constant with every consecutive form of creation. That is the price paid. Each passing age is lesser and more minute in its creation while destruction is unaltered. Yet creation is present. Both exist together.
The meek inherit. Change(chaos) brings consistency (order). There IS life even though death exists.

That is only one direction to this concept and so the other opposite direction could be thought to be the antithesis of the later where each progressive Age is greater than the last, ending in a permanence to creation often thought to be akin to infinite “good”. Yet, in this instance there is an end to destruction, often thought to be infinite “evil”. There is then Life where death does not exist.........Immortality.

There are the opposite directions to any two points forming a straight line into infinity as this concept forms. Then there is every other point in all directions, forming a sphere (curve) . The opposite direction of a straight line is above or below it. The square.

I see the cycle of something larger and smaller. A new measure for me.
If alternating between every other one starting and ending with the respective points of a straight line and those of a sphere composed of infinite points into every direction, an exact instance of infinity can be measured. Think about that.

Anything measurable is potentially alterable.

The triangle in a circle (3 and 3.14 points). The cross in a circle (4 and 3.14 points). Making one.

These are the exact measure of a portion of an infinitely winding "direction" or point into or from two others. They Show us the exact parting point from a straight line like x, y and z coordinates on a graph.

In two points to "reality", creation and destruction respectively, we find dimension and depth by parting from both. In measuring both and seeing the "form" of the straight, measured line composed of two points in all things, we also find an infinite center point between two points in a line. Now we have yet another point or rather direction ...to part from or wind into.

So by seeing the line, measuring it, and learning to part from or towards its two points (directions) completely, we can know the measure of a curve into infinity. We can choose the direction of infinity once infinity is a single point to us.

The triangle in the square. The circle in the square.

Yet another direction.

That is this pattern as I see it.

Thoughts?

edit on 3 13 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Fractals.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I'm with ya on this one, I see numbers as vivid patterns, capable of creating complex blooms and simple structures.
You should check out my thread,www.abovetopsecret.com

This was my "ah ha" moment that brought deeper meaning to the numbers I use to hate.

I appreciate you sharing.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

tadaman
So I have been thinking,

My replies will follow in serial form.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

tadaman

I feel that this is all at the heart of the Kronos legend and pertaining to the nature of chaos and order. Creation and oblivion.

Kronos overthrows his father and is later overthrown himself by his son. The three supreme descendants of Gaia, the one that begat two, all leading into each other through violent upheaval by one younger supreme entity over an older supreme entity. The result is a new age. Creation follows and all that will be is made and determined. It is curious that These supreme entities could not predict, alter or in any meaningful way, avoid their own destruction at the hands of their own creation.

First to break this up into components.
    • Kronos overthrows his father and is later overthrown himself by his son.
    • The three supreme descendants of Gaia, the one that begat two,
    • all leading into each other through violent upheaval by one younger supreme entity
    • over an older supreme entity.
    • The result is a new age.
    • Creation follows and all that will be is made and determined.

tadaman

It is curious that These supreme entities could not predict, alter or in any meaningful way, avoid their own destruction at the hands of their own creation.

I suppose this is the main thesis.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

tadaman
• Kronos overthrows his father and is later overthrown himself by his son.

At mount Ida,
as a young child,
Zeus sat in the cave
and wept until the Dactyls
cheered him up by military dance.

The Dactyls were both ancient smiths and healing magicians. In some myths, they are in Hephaestus' employ, and they taught metalworking, mathematics, and the alphabet to humans.

When Rhea, the mother of the gods, knew her time of delivery was come, she went to the sacred cave on Mount Ida. As she squatted in labor she dug her fingers into the earth (Gaia), which brought forth these daktyloi Idaioi (Δάκτυλοι Ἰδαῖοι "Idaean fingers"),[3] thus often ten in number, or sometimes multiplied into a race of ten tens. Three is just as often given as their number. They are sometimes instead numbered as thirty-three.

wikipedia / Dactyl (Mythology)

Now that we know a little more about Zeus
who is this Chronos figure, and how old?

I did find this interesting quote from ancient Egyptian myth during my research.

Before all things was Time, then Desire (Motive), then Darkness

So Chronos = Time, Zeus = Desire, who then is the Grand Papy? Who is this Uranus figure. Well, simply he was the Harvest. So Chronos overthrew the Annual harvest by presiding over it. And what was Zeus' relationship to the harvest, so we can test this decay of creation-ality thesis.

Zeus Geōrgos (Ζεύς Γεωργός - "earth worker", "farmer"), the god of crops and harvest, in Athens.

wikipedia / Zeus

I submit to you that Uranus merely "oversaw" the harvest, Chronos usurped it by "presiding over" it, and Zeus had to be "worshipped" for it.

Perchance Uranus was just a gracious and fair host. Maybe even sought out to Judge disputes at the great annual harvest. The farmers of the Earth excelled and rose to prominence based on their performance. By the fruits they brought forth, the winning pig, and such. Until someone took over. For our own good of course.

According to these results, and supposing for the moment that the Thesis is fair, the resulting implication is that the greater the authority parading on Earth the deeper the fall from the height of creation-ality.

Mike Grouchy

edit on 14-3-2014 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

So by seeing the line, measuring it, and learning to part from or towards its two points (directions) completely, we can know the measure of a curve into infinity. We can choose the direction of infinity once infinity is a single point to us.

The triangle in the square. The circle in the square.

Yet another direction.

That is this pattern as I see it.
reply to post by tadaman

You should be proud of that statement. It implies simplicity based on complex structure.
I think Euclid would be proud of you!
cool

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

tadaman
• The three supreme descendants of Gaia, the one that begat two,

Gaia is the only unbroken chain of continuity through these upheavals. She very well could have represented the collective feminine presence at the Harvest. Where the ancient Greek world was hard on the men, the wealthy women may very well have enjoyed custody of the memory of the tribe. In an unbroken and untroubled way, except for in the heart of course.

The harvest may very well have been the thread that tied the ancient dieties together.

Uranus is associated with the Harvest.
Chronos presided over the Harvest.
Zeus is known as the God of the Harvest.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

tadaman
• all leading into each other through violent upheaval by one younger supreme entity

We don't actually know how violent those first upheavals were. Except for the one case of castration, which stopped the serial cannibalistic infanticide. It could be argued that it was the first act of surgery to remove a more dangerous infection. But I'll concede the point, the odds are greatly stacked that each upheaval was very violent.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

tadaman
over an older supreme entity.

The continuity of Gaia in these stories, or cycles as they have been occasionally called, show that either she was clearly "over" them or that she was aside from, outside of, or in some other way transcendental to the upheavals. But were they really fighting "over" her, or was she just trapped under the conflict waiting for the outcome to be settled. Or perhaps she represents the Harvest as a whole. In which case the conflict happened within her.

Mike Grouchy

link   

tadaman
• The result is a new age.

Yes. I concur. An age in which one no longer goes to the Harvest to be recognized for talent and ability, but as a duty instead. A duty to pay homage to Authority. By whom we now all owe our understanding of the fruitfulness of the Harvest. That, as it would be called in later days, the king and the land are one. Or the even more insufferable proclamation that what is good for the king is good for the land.

I believe there is even a version of the story where the Gods are all deciding how Mankind will worship Zeus and what type of food men shall offer him.

:|
Mike Grouchy

link   

tadaman
• Creation follows and all that will be is made and determined.

These days I think it is just called a "Tax". I'm not so sure that much more than that was either made or determined. Establishing a Creation is more like "calling the tune" or "setting the tone" that directs the shape of everyone efforts and rewards. Personally if it wasn't for air conditioning I would rather go back to the Hunter Gatherer ways with only 4 hours of work a day, than this enlightened civilization that takes twice that. And is saturated with people who can find no place, or way, to have their talent recognized.

Mike Grouchy

link   

tadaman
Perhaps the lesson learned is that even omnipotence has no power over death existing in some form of passing.
The correlation between time or rather each “age” of existence and its length or power of knosis can be seen by the power of each successive generation of God. Each time violent upheaval changes an older Gods rule, a younger God takes over with less power of creation.

I submit to you that the "less power of creation" is a direct consequence of the great Authority exerted. That while each successor may be called lessor in one sense there is also another sense in which they are greater and that is in Authority. And if this is accurate it implies that Uranus may have had very little if any Authority at all. In fact the context of the story seems to imply he only had authority over his own children.

The reason I say this is that it leads to a potential contradiction with the first sentence quoted above. If Chronos presided over the Harvest, and put an end to the practice of eating a child or two of one's own to increase the bounty, he actually exhibited the first authority over death and ended it. In that particular form. In principle if not in adherence.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

tadaman

A winding down is apparent. The golden age is the most prominent or “powerful” age of creation and mastery. The silver age is a more harsh, barren form of creation resulting from violent upheaval of the supreme order…by chaos. The bronze age then comes and is an even more harsh form of existence resulting from yet another violent upheaval of an order by chaos. All forms of Chaos and order in their manifestations as Gods in their respective “ages” lead to creation through destruction. New ages, although less in greatness forming a continuum of existence.
Time in its cycle. Reality in focus.

1 Aristocracy: This regime is ruled by a philosopher king
2 Timocracy: due to miscalculation on the part of its governed class
3 Oligarchy: distinguishes between the rich and the poor, making of the former its administrators
4 Democracy: freedom is the supreme good but freedom is also slavery
5 Tyranny: no one has discipline and society exists in chaos

wikipedia / Plato's five regimes

Each decays, according to Plato, and gives birth to the successor. Even if this does lead to a New Age, is it a better age? It forces people to demand more Authority to preserve anything at all. Authority becomes more concentrated, and individuals become more marginalized. Tyranny is clearest when there are fortified locations where Authority lurks tentatively.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

tadaman

1 = 2, 3 = 1

One equals two comma three equals one.
It's a set.

tadaman
What is 4?

A four is a square.

tadaman
4 is all the instances of predictable (malleable) reality unfolding. The square of a curve.

It is not so much all the instances of reality unfolding, as what the Greeks considered the perfect version of reality.

tadaman
Imagine that a curve is odd and even is straight. 3 points winding up or down from each other can make instances of straight lines along every other point of convergence between them in a curve(odd). A straight line (even)is formed by using only two points of those three. The fabled Judeo-Christian power of good to “write straight with crooked lines” comes to mind.

Brb. Gotta go look up this up. I've never heard it before.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

tadaman
The fabled Judeo-Christian power of good to “write straight with crooked lines” comes to mind.

Spanish Proverb said:
    "God writes straight with crooked lines"
    “Live with wolves, and you learn to howl”
    “Tell me what you brag about and I'll tell you what you lack”
    “A wise man changes his mind, a fool never”
    “Since we cannot get what we like, let us like what we get”

Ok, so this is a new one to me. In the sense of a geometrist to write straight with crooked lines is similar to a statement on fractals. The seemingly random pattern of dots, when one backs up, is actually a perfectly clear picture. In the macro. And a where a chain of "S" strokes actually lay along a subtle line with great precision. Or something like that.

Alright back to the Opening Post.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

tadaman
The golden mean squared.

golden ratio = 1.61803399
golden ratio^2 = 2.61803399

tadaman
A spiral squared by the very measure of its entirety coiled.

tadaman

Then measured first in every other instance of it along straight lines where All lines are in different directions.

I see every three doubled, quadrupled, ect. Every other one in either direction.

Infinity and one.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

tadaman

What I think this means is that creation become less powerful in its passing. Death or rather destruction, CHAOS, does not become less powerful with each passing age like creation does. It simply stays the same.

And yet Authority over death and the prevention of some forms of the same, increases over the same passing. This is what the whole abortion debate is about. Men for millennia have had authority over other men and who would meet death and who would be held in reserve, now that women have the vote they seem to be using that authority to assert authority over the unborn, and who shall live and who shall die.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

tadaman
Mortality is ever more permanent and constant with every consecutive form of creation. That is the price paid. Each passing age is lesser and more minute in its creation while destruction is unaltered. Yet creation is present. Both exist together.
The meek inherit. Change(chaos) brings consistency (order). There IS life even though death exists.

Have you ever heard the legend of the Green Sun. It goes that the sun goes through ages; when it is born it is red, mature yellow, then green, then blue, finally white. That the sun could turn "greener".

wikipedia / Green Flash

All I'm saying is. Or asking rather. How does Mortality become more permanent?

Mike Grouchy

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   

tadaman

That is only one direction to this concept and so the other opposite direction could be thought to be the antithesis of the later where each progressive Age is greater than the last, ending in a permanence to creation often thought to be akin to infinite “good”. Yet, in this instance there is an end to destruction, often thought to be infinite “evil”. There is then Life where death does not exist.........Immortality.

What about Unmortality, Amortality, anti-mortality. If there is only one death, would the triumph of good be greater if there turned out to be a plethora of not mortal.

Further infinite is used here as a synonym for unlimited. But not correct in a mathematically rigorous sense. There is an association of incompleteness with infinite, a never will be done overtone, one that lacks completeness. One (1) on the other hand is greater than infinity. Just as "one" good is the right answer, so is "one" evil a better case than infinite.

Now I understand that this may seem pendantic on the surface but I have a witness.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join