It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 Maps To Help You Understand Your World

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by teamcommander

Sorry about that. Try to remember it is a map of what lay directly opposite otherside. Grab a ball if you have one and that may help visualization.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Seriously????
Every map I have seen has the North pole at the top. This means Canada is above the United States. In your map the red and black lines are inverted in relation to each other and this means the poles are reversed. Also, most of the earth's land mass is north of the equator.
Or maybe I do need that eye exam.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I think your number 6 meant to be where they drive on the right? Only the UK and ex British colonies (Ones after the advent of the Auto) drive on the left. Every other country drives on the right.
edit on 14-3-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

You do realize that a good sports program can make a school great right? Look at how many colleges only have as much money as they do and can offer the programs they do because of the money brought in by their sports programs.

Good Sports = Good Donations

UGA comes to mind for me (Gee I wonder why...). Ranked 20th or so in the USA for Public Schools and I think it's still a top 10 (all time) program for Football. The biggest reason for its programs and facilities isn't the few hundred years of history the school has as much as the last 100 years of it's football program.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by teamcommander

You are not grasping what directly opposite side means.you do not compare upper hemisphere to the other side upper hemisphere.

The opposite of the north pole is the south pole. Here I made a basic diagram for you.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

raymundoko

I think your number 6 meant to be where they drive on the right? Only the UK and ex British colonies (Ones after the advent of the Auto) drive on the left. Every other country drives on the right.
edit on 14-3-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

I was going to mention this also.
Maybe the OP meant with Steering Wheels on the left.
We drive on the right side of the road in US...
Of course a Brit might say we drive on the "wrong" side...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by raymundoko

Actually all the countries on that map in the blue drive on the left side. I am sure because I have been to a few of them.

All the ones in the red drive on the right.

The legend on the map describes it as driving orientation.
edit on 14-3-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Am I missing something on #19? It's supposed to be a straight line.

I'm on my first beer, so I know I'm not drunk. Guess I'm just dumb?

S&f for a cool thread.(except for #19, that one is dumb)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

I thought that at first as well but here is a video that demonstrates.

-------------------------------
This is not aimed at anyone I just realized.

I think I have replied more in this thread than the 6 previous I started. lol

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Just in regards to the map of Australia that shows where the population lives. There is no population at all shown in the Northern Territory, yet if implies that there is a large population living in the north-west of Western Australia ?

The only population living in the north-west of Western Australian would be the odd farmer, and people working in mining camps. A quick Google Earth search will also confirm this.

And the world map of the 7 new divisions just seems to be like the old system but Russia has moved in with Asia instead of Europe ?

The removal of borders and the introduction of zones/divisions is just a small step towards a One World government. Once everything is in place, they just remove the zones/divisions, like they did with the borders, and all of a sudden you have yourself a One World government.

It's all just waiting for the right "event" to trigger it !

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

blupblup
reply to post by erwalker

But that's what is says? Countries that have EVER operated them, not NEVER.
Read it again.

edit on 14/3/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

I would suggest you read the description again. It says "This map shows (in navy blue) every country that has ever operated an aircraft carrier." There are two shades of blue, dark and light, on the map. Both shades are countries that have operated carriers. The dark, or navy, blue countries are the ones that STILL operate them, not the ones that have ever operated one.

Navy blue for me has always been dark blue. Much like navy uniforms are normally dark or navy blue.The other blue is light or sky blue
edit on 14/3/14 by erwalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Wonderful thread.

I like this one too. Learned about it here at ATS.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

And this one. Again ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

You and I said the same thing...

I just read #6 wrong.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by raymundoko

It's cool. There have been more than a few times so far that I have looked at what was pointed out then gone " yup your right" then thought about it for a sec did a little Bing search and thought "ohhh OK I see" then posted the explanation.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by erwalker

Yeah your right. " I think" That's how it was presented to me, and I could have swore navy blue was the light one. I was wrong though. Anyway, the Navy blue are countries that currently have carriers all the countries in blue "any blue" at one time did.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Wow, what a cool thread! S&F!

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
S&F
Fun Read as normal !

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Very interesting. Thank you. F&S

...Did you find these maps or make them? Any links?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I can only take credit for copy and pasting from email. Sometimes I get sent some interesting things.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Grimpachi

25. And this map shows all the places where you can get eaten by a Great White shark!

And yet, us western australians seem to be the only people worried about it... Shows how backward we are, really.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join