It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Not Fit to Be Printed": The Suppressed Alchemical Papers of the Great Scientist Sir Isaac Newton

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
LittlebyLittle said "...it is all about ego loss..." Yes, ego loss is what the Alchemist's call the Negredo stage of the work. It is where the initiate consciously enters the lower astral realms (underworld, hell, Nifleheim, etc.) to purify the inner spirit of the egos built up over many lifetimes. This usually takes a few lifetimes of self-willed effort and the assistance of the inner Divine Mother (Kali, Athena, Venus, Isis, etc. - she has many names).

Their are 3 factors or main branches of the Work to become an ascended Master: Birth, Death & Sacrifice

The Birth is the 2nd (spiritual) Birth. It is this secret that has been hidden for thousands of years and only revealed to the initiate. Without this process of the 2nd Birth or working with the Salt, Sulpher & Mercury then the initiate cannot build the solar bodies. And without the true Solar Astral body, the true Solar Mental body and the true Solar Causal body we are unable to withstand the Christic energy (Fohat in the Tibetan Buddhist system) that incarnates and is utilized to kill the legions of egos in the 49 worlds. We can do some of the cleaning / purification with self observation and meditation but the alchemical process is needed for those egos in the lower astral that we cannot reach / perceive.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Klipothian
LittlebyLittle said "...it is all about ego loss..." Yes, ego loss is what the Alchemist's call the Negredo stage of the work. It is where the initiate consciously enters the lower astral realms (underworld, hell, Nifleheim, etc.) to purify the inner spirit of the egos built up over many lifetimes. This usually takes a few lifetimes of self-willed effort and the assistance of the inner Divine Mother (Kali, Athena, Venus, Isis, etc. - she has many names).

Their are 3 factors or main branches of the Work to become an ascended Master: Birth, Death & Sacrifice

The Birth is the 2nd (spiritual) Birth. It is this secret that has been hidden for thousands of years and only revealed to the initiate. Without this process of the 2nd Birth or working with the Salt, Sulpher & Mercury then the initiate cannot build the solar bodies. And without the true Solar Astral body, the true Solar Mental body and the true Solar Causal body we are unable to withstand the Christic energy (Fohat in the Tibetan Buddhist system) that incarnates and is utilized to kill the legions of egos in the 49 worlds. We can do some of the cleaning / purification with self observation and meditation but the alchemical process is needed for those egos in the lower astral that we cannot reach / perceive.

I am not saying your tool do not work and it might even by more effective than most tools (spiritual methods to achieve something) but I do not agree that it is the only tool and that physical substance is needed for all, since to a manifestor it will be created by spirit if the body needs it. What is lacking in body and mind will be filled automatically by spirit.

Some do with other tools like mediation/crystals/chakras/kabbalah/"Astral Projection"/prayer/singing/"sound manipulation" the same preparation of the mind/body to be able to handle the "Christic energy"/Fohat/ki/"light flow".

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Newton didn't just give up Alchemy in the end. He had finally found how to make the Philosophers Stone, and ultimately how to take small pieces of gold or any metal, and grow them larger, among other "miracles". Then he was threatened by "the power that be" at the time to never reveal what he knows, or he would be assassinated. That is why he had a nervous breakdown for a few months. He stopped practicing Alchemy because he figured it all out, and was told to stop.

Then, the "power that be" at the time offered him a deal. They made him "Warden of the Mint" then "Master of the Royal Mint". He then unofficially moved the Pound Sterling to the gold standard from silver in 1717. He was basically in charge of England's gold... what better man to be in charge of gold, than one who knows its real value.
edit on 14-3-2014 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Klipothian

Your understanding of Alchemy, and many other's understanding of Alchemy, was the result of many years of obfuscation of the art to hide truths that many felt should only be acquired by people who discovered it themselves, instead of having it handed down second hand for free to them.
edit on 14-3-2014 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAre0ne

I think he understood deeper issues, such as being held captive in the "Higher States" which is what truly causes those who should have NOTHING to fear, to actually balk and totally become a slave in this realm.

Many references to not being afraid of the consequences here, but elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

the2ofusr1
I try and understand and fail to see how alchemy is practicing the occult .How was it associated with the occult to begin with ? Any history on the subject would be great .A link .

en.wikipedia.org...

www.shakespeare-online.com...

Cognate with popular superstition was the study of Alchemy. In Timon of Athens there is the line:
"Hence! You are an alchemist, make gold of that,"

It was a belief of many wealthy people that there was a way of transmuting common base elements like lead, copper, mercury into rare elements like gold and silver. They believed in something called the "Philosophers stone" which would magically convert one element into another.

They were actually right, there is a way, today it's called nuclear physics, and they would have required a particle accelerator capable of irradiating platinum or mercury.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rangerdanger

Or could it be that you are simply closed minded? (I would say yes you are.)

Many great people believed in God and the Bible.

Here's some interesting links:
en.wikipedia.org...
www.famousscientists.org...

Back on topic, thank you so much for the thread. I find alchemy quite interesting and am pleased to learn of Sir Newton's interest.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Oh MY!! People of ATS!! Do you People Understand what Alchemy is ?

If we Didn't have this Chemistry nor Medicine Would of Exist !

Alchemy
en.wikipedia.org...

Alchemy differs significantly from modern science in its inclusion of Hermetic principles and practices related to mythology, magic, religion, and spirituality. It is recognized as a protoscience that contributed to the development of modern chemistry and medicine. Alchemists developed a structure of basic laboratory techniques, theory, terminology, and experimental method, some of which are still in use today.

I can See Newton's thinking !!

Let See if I can make more Sense of this Scientifically ! This Would make more Perfect sense right!!

Then in His Day and Earlier Hes a Heretic a Witch a wizard Possessed by the Devil !

At the Same time The Royals of Europe Had a Alchemist by their Side ! and Advisers !

Entrepreneurial opportunities were not uncommon for the alchemists of Renaissance Europe. Alchemists were contracted by the elite for practical purposes related to mining, medical services, and the production of chemicals, medicines, metals, and gemstones.[76] Rudolf II, Holy Roman Emperor, in the late 16th century, famously received and sponsored various alchemists at his court in Prague, including Dee and his associate Edward Kelley. King James IV of Scotland,[77] Julius, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg, Henry V, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg, Augustus, Elector of Saxony, Julius Echter von Mespelbrunn, and Maurice, Landgrave of Hesse-Kassel all contracted alchemists.[78] John’s son Arthur Dee worked as a court physician to Michael I of Russia and Charles I of England but also compiled the alchemical book Fasciculus Chemicus.

The terms "chemia" and "alchemia" were used as synonyms in the early modern period, and the differences between alchemy, chemistry and small-scale assaying and metallurgy were not as neat as in the present day. There were important overlaps between practitioners, and trying to classify them into alchemists, chemists and craftsmen is anachronistic. For example, Tycho Brahe (1546–1601), an alchemist better known for his astronomical and astrological investigations, had a laboratory built at his Uraniborg observatory/research institute. Michael Sendivogius (Michał Sędziwój, 1566–1636), a Polish alchemist, philosopher, medical doctor and pioneer of chemistry wrote mystical works but is also credited with distilling oxygen in a lab sometime around 1600. Sendivogious taught his technique to Cornelius Drebbel who, in 1621, applied this in a submarine.

. Isaac Newton devoted considerably more of his writing to the study of alchemy (see Isaac Newton's occult studies) than he did to either optics or physics. Other early modern alchemists who were eminent in their other studies include Robert Boyle, and Jan Baptist van Helmont.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

AlaskanDad
Issac Newton died in 1727, and we are finally learning about a side of him that did not fit with the thinking of the Royal Society at the time.

At the time of his death, Newton’s library contained at least 138 books on alchemy, many of which showed signs of extensive use. This was not unheard of for ‘enlightened scientists’: some were avid book collectors, interested in all sorts of curiosities. The manuscripts, however, proved that Newton’s interest in alchemy went far beyond curiosity. There are thousands of folios with Newton copying from all sorts of alchemical manuscripts, and recent scholarship has shown that he must have been actively involved in the circulation of alchemical knowledge. Not only did he read and copy out entire tracts, Newton even gave detailed descriptions of alchemical experiments he performed himself. How could a hero of modern science be engaged in such occult and ‘unscientific’ practices?

Why is everybody sure that they are "unscientific" given the state of knowledge in Newton's day?

They didn't know anything about the actual atomic structure of matter---that wasn't resolved until the late 1800's and early 1900's.

Newton saw, correctly, that there was some tremendous regularity and enormous complexity in chemistry.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Bitxushanty
reply to post by rangerdanger

In his diaries he compares himself to the prophet Daniel, and he stydied the book of Daniel since he was 12 until he died in 1727, he thought there were messages hidden in there. And he believed everything he had discovered was god's hand.
"... the motions which the planets now have could not spring from any natural cause alone, but were impressed by an intelligent Agent." "... the diurnal rotations of the planets could not be derived from gravity.""... and though gravity might give the planets a motion of descent toward the sun, either directly or with some little obliquity, yet the transverse motions by which they revolve in their several orbs required the divine arm to impress them according to the tangents of their orbs."

In other words, he recognized the anomaly in the total angular momentum of the solar system as an "initial conditon", and not something derivable from laws of physics.

"I would now add that the hypothesis of matter being at first evenly spread through the heavens, is, in my opinion, inconsistent with the hypothesis of innate gravity (today a scientific law) without a supernatural power to reconcile them, and therefore it infers a Deity." "For while comets move in very eccentric orbs, in all manner of positions. blind fate (chance) could never make all the planets move one and the same way in orbs concentric."

He didn't understand the formation process of the solar system, which is understandable because nobody really knew until the mid/late 2000's.

"Did blind chance know that there was light and what was its refraction, and fit the eyes of all creatures after the most curious manner to make use of it?" "Was the eye contrived without skill in optics and the ear without knowledge of sounds?"
in Sir Isaac Newton Diaries

He was unaware of the scientific evidence for evolution which was not uncovered and understood until 150 years later.

Newton correctly identified many critical issues in modern science but came to incorrect conclusions because he was not in possession of the full spectrum of empirical evidence we have now.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Wolfrenz - I have been studying alchemical texts for close to 30 years. Most of the modern tranlators, interpreters, scholars and historians do not have a clue what Alchemy is. They are the blind following the blind leading the blind. I was blind until 3 years ago until I stumbled upon a Gnostic Master who explained the process in detail. It is actually a very simple process but requires immense willpower that most would not bother with.

Alchemy had one purpose only: To attain spritual mastery (i.e. become a resurected Master). This is a purification process of all the 7 vehicles of man (well really 6 since the inner Being / Atma is always pure). The key is the transmutation of the Mercury (Paracelsus's Ens Seminus) into Sulpher (Kundalini fire). Without the Sulpher the legions of egos cannot be disintegrated. As the egos are disolved the Conciousness is freed. We were all Angels many Rounds ago and divinely happy. But we were not cognizent of that happiness. Hence we made the downward journey into mattter so that we could become conscious through matter and then ascend again but this time beyond the angelic state with full mastery. However, only a few will ever do the long and hard work necessary to acheive this state. Most of us will end up as blissful elementals in Nirvana or be scrubbed by Karma in the 4th dimension of the mineral kingdom (the Klipoth of the Kabbalists or Hell of the Christians).

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I've always thought there's some truth to alchemy. For many decades now we've been able to turn one element into another with a nuclear reactor. Sounds a bit like transmutation to me. It's very possible that at some point in the past, another civilization managed to do the same thing, perhaps with a different method.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

I come across the term about the science being settled and your phrase that "the full spectrum of empirical of evidence we have now" amusing . Science are finding new things on a daily basis and it seems when they peer out into the cosmos they are surprised at what they discover that contradicts what they know .They make claims that what they are seeing would mean they might have to re-write what they though before or just create more dark holes and dark matter to explain it away ...At the same time the Electrical proponent's can easily fit the observations to their models ....peace

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Aazadan
I've always thought there's some truth to alchemy. For many decades now we've been able to turn one element into another with a nuclear reactor. Sounds a bit like transmutation to me. It's very possible that at some point in the past, another civilization managed to do the same thing, perhaps with a different method.

I've always been fascinated by the way Muslim temples have high minarets and a spherical dome. Almost like the dome and smoke-stacks of a nuclear reactor. Even the gold leaf on the dome is reminiscent of the thin layer of gold found on the inside of nuclear reactors:

chemistry.about.com...

There is an earlier report (1972) in which Soviet physicists at a nuclear research facility near Lake Baikal in Siberia accidentally discovered a reaction for turning lead into gold when they found the lead shielding of an experimental reactor had changed to gold.

So could humans have seen a decommissioned reactor in the past, or actually dismantled one built by the ancients?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Alchemy is considered a mystical branch of inquiry. By the way, you seem to imply that Occult=bad. Occult literally just means "the hidden" or mystical, that which is beyond most people's knowledge. By that count, any spiritual or even scientific knowledge that is far beyond most people would be occult. The knowledge of a saint or a yogi would be occult, being beyond the comprehension of many people. See?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Quetzalcoatl14

I am thinking there is a difference between something hidden and something that is believed is not the same meaning and could not be in one case the occult at the same as another .If the God of truth would reveal to one person who exercises faith to receive it then it could not be hidden to one but may remain hidden to someone who does not exercise faith . By comparing one to the other ,I see that one is of ritual magic and the other is one of trust .....peace

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
A man who disregards the holy books as fantasy is unwilling to acknowledge that great men of the past, he who have contributed far more, he who have also studied laboriously the holy books or at least gave them a chance. They research with their own eyes and mind. They do not lean on others' views to make their minds.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

rangerdanger
The Bible?
Maybe it's just me, but I have a hard time believing that one of the most intelligent men in history believed in the bible.

edit on 13-3-2014 by rangerdanger because: grammar

Read up on what happened to Copernicus and Tyco Brahe (sp?).

It wasn't so much a matter of 'believing' in the Bible as much as it was a matter of being perceived as to be conducting research which might 'contradict' the church / Bible.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Occult was tied into science so much that it wasnt considered strange. He could have thought alchemy was just another science field, if it worked or not he still entertained the idea for studies and research.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AlaskanDad

Excellent post AlaskanDad!

Newton did indeed produce more study and work in alchemy then he did in other scientific areas. Much of his work has been ignored and his contributions kept quiet. We may never know exactly why. Never the less good job. I've been studying this area of work for many years and the web has begun to make it somewhat easier.

I like the fact that you got everybody buzzing a little. It is good for the rabble to stir occasionally. Flag for you my friend!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join