It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Not Fit to Be Printed": The Suppressed Alchemical Papers of the Great Scientist Sir Isaac Newton

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Issac Newton died in 1727, and we are finally learning about a side of him that did not fit with the thinking of the Royal Society at the time.

At the time of his death, Newton’s library contained at least 138 books on alchemy, many of which showed signs of extensive use. This was not unheard of for ‘enlightened scientists’: some were avid book collectors, interested in all sorts of curiosities. The manuscripts, however, proved that Newton’s interest in alchemy went far beyond curiosity. There are thousands of folios with Newton copying from all sorts of alchemical manuscripts, and recent scholarship has shown that he must have been actively involved in the circulation of alchemical knowledge. Not only did he read and copy out entire tracts, Newton even gave detailed descriptions of alchemical experiments he performed himself. How could a hero of modern science be engaged in such occult and ‘unscientific’ practices?

source

edit on 13-3-2014 by AlaskanDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
In case anyone missed this on the source page:
(via Forbidden Histories and Dangerous Minds)

reply to post by DISRAELI

Thanks go to DISRAELI for pointing out a mistake I had made with the tittle.

edit on 13-3-2014 by AlaskanDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Isaac Newton, while undeniably brilliant, was also an interesting guy with many interests and pursuits beyond just science.

He seemed to have taken a particular interest in superstitions of his time, which have long since been taken lightly by modern science. Newton's study of the Bible and of the early Church Fathers was among his greatest passions. He devoted more time to the study of the Scriptures, the Fathers, and to Alchemy than to science, and said, "I have a fundamental belief in the Bible as the Word of God, written by those who were inspired. I study the Bible daily."

But before anyone starts accusing him of being some kind of fanatic, he also got the religious exception required of academics of his day, so that his scientific pursuits could proceed unimpeded by the demands and expectations of faith.
edit on 13-3-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The Bible?
Maybe it's just me, but I have a hard time believing that one of the most intelligent men in history believed in the bible.

edit on 13-3-2014 by rangerdanger because: grammar

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I try and understand and fail to see how alchemy is practicing the occult .How was it associated with the occult to begin with ? Any history on the subject would be great .A link .

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

rangerdanger
The Bible?
Maybe it's just me, but I have a hard time believing that one of the most intelligent men in history believed in the bible.

In a manuscript he wrote in 1704 in which he describes his attempts to extract scientific information from the Bible, he estimated that the world would end no earlier than 2060. In predicting this he said, "This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fanciful men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, and by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail."[118]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AlaskanDad

He lost a lot of money on stock market back then he wasn't good with money

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

rangerdanger
The Bible?

Probably because you are viewing things through the so-called modern view that science and faith are completely incompatible which is false.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rangerdanger

In his diaries he compares himself to the prophet Daniel, and he stydied the book of Daniel since he was 12 until he died in 1727, he thought there were messages hidden in there. And he believed everything he had discovered was god's hand.
"... the motions which the planets now have could not spring from any natural cause alone, but were impressed by an intelligent Agent." "... the diurnal rotations of the planets could not be derived from gravity.""... and though gravity might give the planets a motion of descent toward the sun, either directly or with some little obliquity, yet the transverse motions by which they revolve in their several orbs required the divine arm to impress them according to the tangents of their orbs." "I would now add that the hypothesis of matter being at first evenly spread through the heavens, is, in my opinion, inconsistent with the hypothesis of innate gravity (today a scientific law) without a supernatural power to reconcile them, and therefore it infers a Deity." "For while comets move in very eccentric orbs, in all manner of positions. blind fate (chance) could never make all the planets move one and the same way in orbs concentric." "Did blind chance know that there was light and what was its refraction, and fit the eyes of all creatures after the most curious manner to make use of it?" "Was the eye contrived without skill in optics and the ear without knowledge of sounds?"
in Sir Isaac Newton Diaries

" It became him who created them to set them in order: and if he did so, it is unphilosophical to seek for any other origin of the world, or to pretend that it might arise out of a chaos by the mere laws of nature."
Sir Isaac Newton
edit on 0162431xu0606pm331 by Bitxushanty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

rangerdanger
The Bible?

Giordano Bruno as an example knew the world was not the center of the universe, as an Infinite god would infinitely create.

Faith is not relegated to the realm of the low IQ, many other "genius" and inventors have had faith.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

the2ofusr1
I try and understand and fail to see how alchemy is practicing the occult .How was it associated with the occult to begin with ? Any history on the subject would be great .A link .

I do not believe alchemy is an inherently 'evil' practice. But like anything it can be used for personal gain or the benefit of others. Mental alchemy is the transmutation of body energies and is related to telepathic/empathic abilities. Every human has this potential. As for the occult, these things really had to be secret back in the times when people would kill people if they could not control their thoughts and ideas. Occult just means hidden.

Here is the interesting thing, all the mainstream artists are being used most likely without their knowledge to alchemise the masses to specific agendas. This is why all the symbolism is used, it is basically the different 'house' puppets either taking personal jibes at the others or trying to relax people. A real back and forth game of who's puppets are the smartest

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraverseMaximus

Thanks . Your last part does give real meaning to the wrestling not with flesh and blood . I wondered what the draw was to that Hollywood show .Now I know .thanks again .

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
.This video is an Introduction to the 30 Video Special Present by the Tribulation Network on the Purposes of God. The index is covered, acknowledgements and dedication page. It highlights the significance of “biblical numerology” and places special emphasis upon John Michell’s “numerically created universe” and Sir Isaac Newton’s interests in the prophetic and the inter-relationship he saw within the books of Daniel and the Revelation. It lays stress upon the contestation between the occult and Gnosticism’s role in the quest for the measurements of paradise and how the measurement of the “Sacred Cubits” 25.20” played a major role during the revival of the British inch, mile and other “lines of measurement” based upon the Sacred Cubit. Finally, the Magan David and its intriguing mix of angles which total to 2520° - the measurement of the Sacred Cubit. www.the-tribulation-network.com...

In the series which will be a lengthy watch you will be amazed at the mathematical constructs contained at the Great Pyramid at Giza .Such measurements as the speed of light and the diameter of the earth moon sun and the and their distances one to the other .From what I remember it was Newton that help establish the foot inch and mile all derived from the pyramid .

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

At six minutes from the end credits, I had to give it up. The premise of that Nova was a bald-faced lie. The entire program was about the typical stuff we know about Newton. At best, there are allusions to his interests in alchemy, but nothing of substance to show his avid interest in such things. We are left to think him somewhat mad.

It seems that much of his material on that subject is locked away in a library in Jerusalem, Israel. Such was the modern day English interests in preserving details of the famous man's works outside of the conventional norm of science that they let money intercede. All too often, Science kills its own prodigy for the sake of maintaining the realm.
edit on 13-3-2014 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

rangerdanger
The Bible?

The record is abundantly clear on Newton.

Beliefs about what Newton believed in can be all sorts but the facts of the matter are quite clear. And any sufficiently detailed biography of him affirms it.

He not only believed in the Bible as The Word of God emphatically--he believed there were BIBLE CODES that were authentic secrets hidden in the text by God Himself.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Newton''s library contained more alchemical works than any of his scientific books. A number of years ago his entire collection of alchemical writings was auctioned off at Sotheby's: www.neh.gov...

Alchemy is a spiritual science that when practiced with the correct teachings from a Master transmutes the "Lead" or animal nature of man into the "Gold" or spiritual nature of man. The gold is also a symbol for the solar bodies (Solar Astral, Solar Mental & Solar Causal) that an initiate on the Path builds through the Alchemical process.

The bible has alchemical clues throughout as do many esorteric texts, myths and religious manuscripts. Most people now and in the past have considered alchemy to be a hoax played out by charlatins. However, Alchemy is a true spiritual science that is the path to Hermetic Magic, Mastery, the Philosopher's Stone, the Elixer of Life, Resurrection, etc. You can read all of the alchemical texts that you like but unless the Key is given by a Master you will be searching in the dark. What is truly astonishing is that the key was given out publicly and even published in 1950. Yet only a small group know this key and and even smaller group actually practice the Art.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Great Thread & Thread Topic AlaskanDad!
And - honestly - whether you have been a proponent of the OP's premise or not - I think All of the contributions (thus far!) have been thoughtfully stimulating.
Wish I could give more than the "star/s" & "flag" to each of you for the input.
Hope more comes of this 'discussion' ...as, he was obviously a BRILLIANT man, and I am thrilled to read/consider some of his recorded thoughts.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Klipothian
Newton''s library contained more alchemical works than any of his scientific books. A number of years ago his entire collection of alchemical writings was auctioned off at Sotheby's: www.neh.gov...

Alchemy is a spiritual science that when practiced with the correct teachings from a Master transmutes the "Lead" or animal nature of man into the "Gold" or spiritual nature of man. The gold is also a symbol for the solar bodies (Solar Astral, Solar Mental & Solar Causal) that an initiate on the Path builds through the Alchemical process.

The bible has alchemical clues throughout as do many esorteric texts, myths and religious manuscripts. Most people now and in the past have considered alchemy to be a hoax played out by charlatins. However, Alchemy is a true spiritual science that is the path to Hermetic Magic, Mastery, the Philosopher's Stone, the Elixer of Life, Resurrection, etc. You can read all of the alchemical texts that you like but unless the Key is given by a Master you will be searching in the dark. What is truly astonishing is that the key was given out publicly and even published in 1950. Yet only a small group know this key and and even smaller group actually practice the Art.

One tool for intent->synchronicity manifestation called "magic" against another spiritual system tool that seem to do the same thing. It is all about ego loss and en-light-ment from my point of view.

Even prayer is in a way "occult magic" bending synchronicity thru intent->receiving energy->manifestation.

From my point of view god has created a synchronicity law in reality just like the law of gravity and follows that law. And intention is apart of the law.

God intervention is from my point of view creation of need that can be filled with ki/light energy creating a higher vibration in matter and a synchronicity field surrounding the ki/light flow. Similar to the behavior current creating a electromagnetic field.

People can use this in Reiki (an intention->manifestation healing tool) for instance to push ki into other beings and calm and increase probability for self healing in that body (advanced form of Placebo effect). En-light-ment is from my point of view the state where the ki flow in the body become strong enough for the conscious mind to notice the flow (overwhelmed might be more appropriate).

Another hymn:

edit on 14-3-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

The bible seems to be thought of as the only sacred item to exist for so many people, even today. Many of these have not bothered to read other literature or the other texts that a group of politically interested parties concocted to put christianity as we now have it on the map.

They look past idiosyncrasies such as selling space in heaven for money as quite ok although perhaps a little bizarre! Then they criticise a man like Newton.

Isaac Newton had a brilliant mind and he researched whatever interested him. The fact he followed astrology as one of his many interests was not a stupid whim and people need to remember that our modern religion only goes back to 300AD. The church fathers and politicians of that time (and probably today still) tried their best to either destroy or belittle knowledge that has a very much longer history and comes from very much wider spread world communities.

Alchemy was a forerunner of chemistry and was not something that was easily accessible or shared with the public, most of whom could not read at that time. Like most ignorant and illinformed people it scared them and is being used today as some kind of hidden, scary wrongdoing. Yet people take their daily tablets made from chemical knowledge happily.

What interested him was up to him and whose views of censorship of his interests matter whatsoever?. There seems to be a new form of censorship driven by biblepushers and others that is ludicrous. Perhaps a read of the Gnostic Gospels would be of better information for the ones who think the world started only 6000 years ago and anything questioning their beliefs should be censored.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join