It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Park: The Stick of Truth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
For me this game seemed like a happy marriage , I like RPGs . I like South Park but a South Park RPG ? .... I wasn't convinced.

Happily the developers Obsidian Entertainment have in my opinion pulled off a master stroke by making a game that's as funny as it is entertaining to play , I'm only about a third into the game but it has had me grinning from ear to ear as I explore the town and meet the cast , on occasion laughing out loud at the pure South Park humor and story ....Princess Kenny is priceless.

The only frustration I've found is that Obsidian in their infinite wisdom decided to lock the key bindings which for a left hander like myself makes the controls a bit awkward but the game is so much fun I'm prepared to overlook that.

South Park: The Stick of Truth is pure fun and in an age where games have become more like movies than games it's a breath of fresh air and a reminder of what I love about games.

If you're playing it let me know what you think , if you haven't played it and you like South Park then do yourself a favour and pick it up , it won't change your life but it will make you smile

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Very nice game, never thought they would achieve something this great. It really feels like I'm playing in one of the actual shows.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I've been considering picking this game up...for the pc...how many hours did it take to finish the game..???

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

For a regular RPG player, I'd say anywhere between 15-25 hours.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Beat the game a week ago and enjoyed every minute of it! The underpants gnomes partly nearly killed me, lol. But, I do see a few downsides to the game in that it's a short game for an RPG, in which I fully understand; can't drag a game out for too long. There's A LOT of unused material as well, but I guess this leaves room for a sequel or DLC right? I Hope so. Second, is the difficulty which is slightly on the easy side even on Hardcore. Overall, I still put this in contention for GOTY just for making me laugh as much as I did.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

I haven't finished it yet but there seems plenty to do aside from the main quest , I've been playing since Monday and think I'm about a third of a way in.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMaybeNot

well that's worth the money....

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I never watched an episode of South Park before, but the RPG elements of the game intrigued me to get it (for free)

I haven't played much into it but I laughed a lot.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I've been eyeballing that $60 price tag ...

I confess to being intrigued, but since I can only play it after the kiddo goes to bed, I'll likely wait a bit. It helps that I'm seeing positive player reviews though. I do enjoy the occasional South Park episode.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Doesn't sound like it justifies the 60 bucks for it.

I'll wait for the steam sale.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

gortex

The only frustration I've found is that Obsidian in their infinite wisdom decided to lock the key bindings which for a left hander like myself makes the controls a bit awkward but the game is so much fun I'm prepared to overlook that.

As a fellow left-hander, I also found the locked key bindings annoying. There are key binding programs to override the default settings, but I've found that the game is easier to get into with a controller plugged into the pc.

Xbox 360 controllers work out of the box, and with a 360 controller emulator, Logitech controllers work as well.

The game is great, though due to the shortness of it, I'm taking my time in playing it.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Personally, I like games with a strong story. I have bought the South Park game and while, yeah, it's fun, I just don't know if it's my "cup of tea" or not.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I'm thoroughly enjoying it, Only around 5 hours in though.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I was mad that I paid 60 for it... Just not enough story/playtime to justify it. Very funny and great game to play and did even enjoy the second time through, even tho i was able to beat it even faster.
I also agree that hardcore really wasn't that much harder then normal
Also is it just me that has a problem with the fact gross damage seems to get nullified through out the game?
Seems every other mob has immunity to it
I hope for some DLC but I doubt it with it being on the wrong gen of xbox/PS.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

ketsuko
I've been eyeballing that $60 price tag ...

I confess to being intrigued, but since I can only play it after the kiddo goes to bed, I'll likely wait a bit. It helps that I'm seeing positive player reviews though. I do enjoy the occasional South Park episode.

yeah the game is definately not for anybody under atleast 16, it's like a regular episode but amped up, there is alot more swearing, nudity, and a few other things.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I LOVE Southpark but I don't do the video games thing.
Kinda wish I did ... just so I could play it. I bet it's awesome fun.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I was cautious about getting the game, I have spent so much money on crap games Im very trepidatious about getting new ones. After reading everyones comments, I might just rent it to see if I like it. I seen it on tv, and thought I would be disapointed.

So I hope I like it!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Stupid double posts!

edit on 14-3-2014 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Tylerdurden1
I was cautious about getting the game, I have spent so much money on crap games Im very trepidatious about getting new ones. After reading everyones comments, I might just rent it to see if I like it. I seen it on tv, and thought I would be disapointed.

So I hope I like it!

I have gamefly and rent alot of games, I very rarely buy games at all and I had to get this. It's pretty short but if you enjoy southpark you will like this game. One of things I don't like at all is turned based attacking and I was throughly entertained and slightly disgusted by some parts. It really is like an episode on steroids and less censors.

The other 2 games I may but are Infamous second son and Watchdogs. But I'm not really convinced on those games yet.
edit on 14-3-2014 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I mean, where else are you going to see Nazi Zombie aborted fetuses? It's so over the top that it's hilarious. The game is a must have for any South Park fan.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join