It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane may have been stolen

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
What is interesting here about this article is finally the truth
is told about the Rolls Royce engine
that does send data
and is picked up via satellite...they have known this from the first hours!

Why these news outlets take so long to report any facts?!
And, dare I say it - but they have access to this data, that
seems like it would sure point to a location, or at least a general
location.

I posted this days ago ....

burntheships
reply to post by Crakeur

And yes indeed, here is more to indicate even if an official makes a statement,
they may not be telling the "whole truth".

This from Rolls Royce (which I am sure many a air mechanic or
pilot could confirm) and (likely) what we wont hear from Boeing!

Rolls Royce confirmed it tracks all of its engines at its control centre in Britain

Rolls Royce, manufacturer of the two Trent 800 engines supplied to the missing jetliner,
confirmed it tracks all of its engines at its control centre in Britain.

Asked if Rolls Royce would know if there was a change in power, a spokeswoman for
Rolls Royce replied: “We know first hand if there is something wrong with the engine,
yes... any kind of problem.”

Asked if other parties were made aware of the information from its control centre,
the spokeswoman said the information would be passed to Malaysia Airlines and Malaysian authorities.

It is believed Boeing has the ability to track all of its aircraft anywhere in the world in real time.

www.scmp.com...

This seems to cast a doubt on the "Chiefs" statement, imo
I guess they choose what they release as "factual information"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ETA: The news articles may be "updated" to remove this information.

A Boeing executive who declined to be named would not comment except to say, “We’ve got to stand back from the front line of the information.”

The engines’ onboard monitoring system is provided by their manufacturer, Rolls-Royce PLC, and it periodically sends bursts of data about engine health, operations and aircraft movements to facilities on the ground.

“We continue to monitor the situation and to offer Malaysia Airlines our support,” a Rolls-Royce representative said Wednesday, declining further comment.

“The disappearance is officially now an accident and all information about this is strictly handled by investigators,” said a Rolls-Royce executive who declined to be named, citing rules of the International Civil Aviation Organization, a United Nations agency.
stream.wsj.com...

edit on 13-3-2014 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Again, I find it hard to understand how my dog or cell phone can be found withing 100ft via GPS, yet we still do not have this tech in our planes? Going forward all aircraft need to have GPS that can NOT be disabled by anyone on the plane. Unlike a transponder which can be diabled.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

The thing is actually these planes have several systems that transmit tracking data.
There is the data reporting, and a transponder, also there are tracking devices
in the engine. The transponder was found to have vulnerabilities that left it open
to hacking. So, it could have been hacked, or otherwise disabled.

The engine tracking is done through Rolls Royce through satellite.
They do know where to look - just as to why its taken them so
long is beyond me, there are hundreds of missing people, and
the relatives and love ones of those who are missing are in torture.

Maybe they consider it a matter of some countries national security?

Two U.S. officials tell ABC News the U.S. believes that the shutdown of two communication systems happened separately on Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. One source said this indicates the plane did not come out of the sky because of a catastrophic failure.

The data reporting system, they believe, was shut down 1:07 a.m. The transponder -- which transmits location and altitude -- shut down at 1:21 a.m.

This indicates it may well have been a deliberate act, ABC News aviation consultant John Nance said.

U.S. officials said earlier that they have an "indication" the missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner may have crashed in the Indian Ocean and is moving the USS Kidd to the area to begin searching.
abcnews.go.com...

REPORT: Malaysia Airlines jet may have crashed into Indian Ocean; jetliner 'pinged' satellite after vanishing from radar

U.S. officials have 'indication' Malaysia Airlines plane may have crashed into Indian Ocean. USS Kidd headed for area to help with search; plane continued to send satellite'pings' after falling off radar, report says
www.nydailynews.com...

Very sad for all of the people involved if true.

I see that Rolls Royce and Boeing are probably bound to relaying data to
officials, and can not comment apart from that.

Rolls-Royce data suggests missing Malaysia flight was in air for four hours after disappearing

The disappearance is officially now an accident and all information about this is strictly handled by investigators," said a Rolls-Royce executive who declined to be named, citing rules of the International Civil Aviation Organization, a United Nations agency.

www.derbytelegraph.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

burntheships

The thing is actually these planes have several systems that transmit tracking data.
There is the data reporting, and a transponder, also there are tracking devices
in the engine. The transponder was found to have vulnerabilities that left it open
to hacking. So, it could have been hacked, or otherwise disabled.

The engine tracking is done through Rolls Royce through satellite.
They do know where to look - just as to why its taken them so
long is beyond me, there are hundreds of missing people, and
the relatives and love ones of those who are missing are in torture.

Maybe they consider it a matter of some countries national security?

Two U.S. officials tell ABC News the U.S. believes that the shutdown of two communication systems happened separately on Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. One source said this indicates the plane did not come out of the sky because of a catastrophic failure.

The data reporting system, they believe, was shut down 1:07 a.m. The transponder -- which transmits location and altitude -- shut down at 1:21 a.m.

This indicates it may well have been a deliberate act, ABC News aviation consultant John Nance said.

U.S. officials said earlier that they have an "indication" the missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner may have crashed in the Indian Ocean and is moving the USS Kidd to the area to begin searching.
abcnews.go.com...

REPORT: Malaysia Airlines jet may have crashed into Indian Ocean; jetliner 'pinged' satellite after vanishing from radar

U.S. officials have 'indication' Malaysia Airlines plane may have crashed into Indian Ocean. USS Kidd headed for area to help with search; plane continued to send satellite'pings' after falling off radar, report says
www.nydailynews.com...

The US observers changed some of the statements given to the Wall St Journal, the upshot was they only got, 'Pings' there was no data.
As you say, RR are able to monitor the engines, and if so, it would not much use if the health of the engine is not part of the tracking, and therefore available data must be there somewhere, but that does not gell with the US observers 'no data' line. Also why would they say they think it crashed into the Indian ocean with their blank card? Is there a chance it landed in the Andaman islands, or even Australia, or any other already specified possibile location without anyone knowing?
And there is still this further muddle from the US where on the one hand the observers say it crashed in the Indian ocean, or it was stolen for later use.
The last thing I did hear was that the search is now back to the Gulf of Thailand.
edit on 13-3-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

smurfy

The US observers changed some of the statements given to the Wall St Journal, the upshot was they only got, 'Pings' there was no data.
As you say, RR are able to monitor the engines, and if so, it would not much use if the health of the engine is not part of the tracking,

Yes, I think the "corrections" are due to perhaps a release of information that
they do not want widely known, also if MAS is in charge, I suppose the release
of information is controlled.

They are moving a Navy Ship to the Indian Ocean....

The US Navy on Thursday ordered a ship to the Indian Ocean to search for a missing Malaysian airliner amid reports the plane kept “pinging” a satellite after losing radar contact.

“The USS Kidd is transiting the Strait of Malacca en route to the Indian Ocean,” a navy official told AFP, referring to a guided-missile destroyer initially deployed to the Gulf of Thailand

sanmarinotribune.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Perhaps.... Arab Terrorists are planning on loading the plane with nukes and flying it to Jerusalem?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

I just saw on the news that apparently the plane's data transmitting system and transponder were shut down manually and 14 minutes apart. Also, the engines continued sending data for another 5 hours.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Yeah, you have hit the nail on the head.
it seems someone put a lid on this from the start.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

That is a really good idea.
You would think that would have been required
12+ years ago.
That is, if intel was really serious about preventing tragedies.
I find it difficult to believe.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

Anythings possible, I am sure that angle has been considered.
I just find it hard to believe in this day and age that the plane
was not tracked via satellite.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Due to the cost of satellite bandwidth the RR engines only ping once in a while. That has already been talked about and proven.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

having the capability or the technology to do something is one thing, and it being cost effective is quite another.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Wildmanimal

Yeah, you have hit the nail on the head.
it seems someone put a lid on this from the start.

Here it is, now they have used the satellite data to determine
the plane flew for 7 hours and that it was deliberate, and criminal.

So basically it looks like the pilot was in on it, and maybe that is why
he was practicing on that simulator!

Malaysia turned the search for Flight 370 into a criminal investigation on Saturday, after the prime minister declared that the plane had been deliberately diverted from its planned route a week ago from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. The plane then flew as much as seven hours to an unknown destination.

The prime minister, Najib Razak, said in a news conference on Saturday afternoon that Malaysia would seek the help of other governments across a large region of Asia in trying to find the plane.

Malaysian authorities later released a map showing that the last satellite signal received from the plane had been sent from a point somewhere along one of two arcs spanning large distances across Asia.

In other developments Saturday, police officers were seen arriving at the gated residential compound where the flight’s pilot, Zaharie Ahmad Shah, reportedly had his home, and Malaysian news media reported that a search was underway after a week of false rumors about a raid. A police spokeswoman declined to comment, saying that no details would be available until a news conference early Sunday evening
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Nah...nothing so complicated as that.

There was a fire...the crew and passengers were overcome by fumes, smoke.

The plane was turned towards the closest most obvious airport to land in an emergency but were not able to (see above).

The plane flew on autopilot until fuel was exhausted. "Zombie plane theory".

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Knowing a few pilots, I can't think of one that DOESN'T own Microsoft Flight Sims.

Personally, someone taking the plane is the only scenario that fits the facts. So, they wanted someone or something on the plane, and intact. (Then, they probably crashed it afterwards, along with any people/cargo they didn't want)....

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Cheers to you Gazrok.

Best regards,

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join