It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry: 'Russia Has Until Monday to Reverse Course in Ukraine"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I think all things considered that we ought to make putin backdown.
Who is he to take over other peoples country's .. how many times should he get away
with it before we have to stop him.

The bully mindset is show weakness and your dead. Putin has a position of strength
at the moment in Crimea..Nato and her Allies should be ready to do what it takes to contain thim there
and make it very clear that we stand ready.

THEN.. we find out if Putin is mad or is preying on the weak.
I'm betting Putin has figured us for cowards and fools.

Let Putin away with this at our peril i say.
edit on 13-3-2014 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The first few days would be pretty cool though, seeing all the governments real technology come out and play, mad UFO's basicaly teleporting in and out of thin air nuking cities with lazors.

Gonna be pretty grim getting drafted into the End War though, lucky I built that place in the country SO I CAN HIDE.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I think its obvious. OR SANCTIONS

FlyersFan
John Kerry: 'Russia Has Until Monday To Reverse Course in Ukraine"
Oh really, Mr. Kerry? OR WHAT??

Lemme' guess, you'll call for sanctions and the E.U. won't go along with it because Russia supplies them with a whole lotta' energy. And of course the rest of the world could care less and won't go along anyways. Face it ... Russia is expanding and there isn't a darn thing that the Obama administration can do about it. And Putin won't back down. Putin doesn't blink ... ever. And he has absolutely no reason to back down.

So anyways .. things may heat up Monday ... or it may be just a bunch of hot air from DC (as usual).
Something to keep an eye on.

Washington Examiner - John Kerry: 'Russia Has Until Monday To Reverse Course in Ukraine

Secretary of State John Kerry warned of serious repercussions for Russia on Monday if last-ditch talks over the weekend to resolve the crisis in Ukraine failed to persuade Moscow to soften its stance.

Kerry will travel to London for a Friday meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov ahead of a Sunday referendum vote in the Crimea region to secede from Ukraine and join the Russian Federation.

U.S. and European officials argue that Moscow is orchestrating the referendum and waging an intimidation campaign with thousands of Russian troops controlling the region. If Russian-backed lawmakers in Crimea go through with the Sunday referendum, Kerry said the U.S. and its European allies will not recognize it as legitimate under international law.

The U.S. and Europe on Monday would then unite to impose sanctions on Russia, Kerry told a Senate Appropriations subcommittee Thursday during a hearing on the State Department's budget.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I think people are underestimating the need that Russia has to Europe. Russia just cannt stop supplying gas, their economy depends too much on it.

Frankly, I disagree with the sentiment that Russia won't back down. Their economy is propped up on gas revenue. If they can't ship gas to Europe ( who could get gas from other countries like Qatar ) they will face fire economic consequences.

Of course, this in just my opinion.

AAC

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

UnBreakable
...God, I miss the days of Reagan.

Well, it looks like you won't have to pine much longer for proxy wars, Cold War tensions, and terms like Mutually Assured Destruction to reenter everyday life.

I could do without those days. But it seems some people didn't get "Dr. Strangelove".

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You have until Monday or else i,ll Release the Krakan..Muhahahaha...Muhahahahaha

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

rigel4
Who is he to take over other peoples country's .. how many times should he get away

The bully mindset is show weakness and your dead. Putin has a position of strength
at the moment in Crimea..Nato and her Allies should be ready to do what it takes to contain thim there

if that was the case obama might have said we will get out of Afghanistan if you get out of Crimea...or Iraq. or lybia, or seria, or ukraine, or germany or georgia, or....take your pick...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I'm glad you emphasised "OR WHAT???"...
Because I was about to as well!!!

“Our hope is to have Russia join in respecting international law. ... There is no justification, no legality to this referendum that is taking place,” he said. “The hope is that reason will prevail but there is no guarantee of that.”

"No legality"???
Except the Crimean call to vote for the Referendum, which then won by a landslide!!!

I find it hilarious?... No ironic???... Imbecilic???

A mixture of the 3???...that he won't say the same to Israel during these so called Israel-Palestine Peace Process Talks!!!

Jerk Off!!!

Peace!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

princeofpeace
I think its obvious. OR SANCTIONS

FlyersFan
John Kerry: 'Russia Has Until Monday To Reverse Course in Ukraine"
Oh really, Mr. Kerry? OR WHAT??

Lemme' guess, you'll call for sanctions and the E.U. won't go along with it because Russia supplies them with a whole lotta' energy. And of course the rest of the world could care less and won't go along anyways. Face it ... Russia is expanding and there isn't a darn thing that the Obama administration can do about it. And Putin won't back down. Putin doesn't blink ... ever. And he has absolutely no reason to back down.

So anyways .. things may heat up Monday ... or it may be just a bunch of hot air from DC (as usual).
Something to keep an eye on.

Washington Examiner - John Kerry: 'Russia Has Until Monday To Reverse Course in Ukraine

Secretary of State John Kerry warned of serious repercussions for Russia on Monday if last-ditch talks over the weekend to resolve the crisis in Ukraine failed to persuade Moscow to soften its stance.

Kerry will travel to London for a Friday meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov ahead of a Sunday referendum vote in the Crimea region to secede from Ukraine and join the Russian Federation.

U.S. and European officials argue that Moscow is orchestrating the referendum and waging an intimidation campaign with thousands of Russian troops controlling the region. If Russian-backed lawmakers in Crimea go through with the Sunday referendum, Kerry said the U.S. and its European allies will not recognize it as legitimate under international law.

The U.S. and Europe on Monday would then unite to impose sanctions on Russia, Kerry told a Senate Appropriations subcommittee Thursday during a hearing on the State Department's budget.

sanctions are an act of war

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

UnBreakable
Ya, I'm sure Putin is shaking in his boots (with laughter at the empty threats).

This is all just a ruse imo..Lurch and KGB are both laughing....at us.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I'd like to add.

The people making these decisions are privy to much more information than ATS armchair politicians.

Bottom line, Russia cannot threaten to stop delivering gas. So what else do they have?

AAC

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
My firmly held belief despite all of this Bravado from the Western Leaders with all of their "You Better Or Else" diatribes...
Adult Diapers must be in very short supply in D.C & Westminster!!!

I don't even like Mr.Putin that much to be honest...
But I bet his Bowel movements are regular & comfortable!!!

Mr.Obama's, Mr.Cameron's, Mr.Kerry's & the likes are all to frequent & runny!!!

Peace!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
You guys are really misjudging the situation. Russia WILL back down or it will prove to be a catastrophic mistake for the country.

Now Germays Merlel, who has the closest relationship with Putin is giving altamatums.

This is not good for Russia.

It's starts...

Goldman Sachs revised its prediction for Russian economic growth this year down to 1 percent from 3 percent, blaming the tension over Ukraine for fuelling capital flight that would cripple investment. It said $45 billion had already left Russia this year, mostly Russians stashing money abroad.

The Russian stock market hit a four-and-a-half-year low on Thursday and is down 20 percent since mid-February. The cost of insuring Moscow's debt against default rose to its highest level in nearly two years.

AAC
edit on 13-3-2014 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
John Kerry.........

yet another war monger imho.

Couldn't create a conflict with Syria and seems almost desperate to start one somewhere.

Now, here's something I would like you to consider.
1 Iraq. (War was created)
2 Afghanistan (conflict ongoing in a sense)
3 Egypt.
Egypt (I predicted this and the middle eastern tensions and I made a post here's a heads up watch this space) Egypt had its own internal problems when it all kicked off and rioting and looting ruined the place.

4 Libya. Same again.
5 Syria. There were those (John Kerry just one) who were seemingly excited trying to get involved but couldnt. Haste. Seeds were planted and propaganda used which in my opinion led to Syria turning on itself while others were itching to get in on the action but failed.

6 Ukraine, same again but this time Putin anticipated this. Along with the rest.
Terrorist threats at their winter Olympics?
Ukraine (Russia's next door neighbour) also turning on itself.

Putin closed it down before it began. He put his troops in there and basically stopped any conflict before those planting had time for seeds to take root.

If Putin hadn't have mobilised his troops do you really think all would be good? Nah.
He has avoided any conflicts and avoided anything spilling over into his country.

Ukraine has apparently sent Gold to US for safe keeping? I dont know if this is true or not.

I only see one nation that seems hell bent on wars, destruction and terrorism and it's not Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Russia, China or any other country in the Mediterranean/ middle east.

The United States seem to be the common denominator in all the crap thats happening. The US government even treat their own people like #e. It's not the US citizen's but their leaders.

I can't believe what's going on globally and I can't believe it's allowed to.
What I see is a bunch of arse holes keen to get everyone into a war but not actually participate themselves.
I also hear God brought into it by those creating and sending others.

If I was able to send every military person a message it would be to stand down and for those orchestrating, fabricating and deceiving to be held accountable.
Bush
Blair
Kerry
Cameron
Hague

Sacrificing the lives of others on wars created to generate profit.
Standing for 2minute silence to rememver the fallen from previous conflicts while still sending more.

If I see it God has already seen it.

Be honest, have you genuinely got a problem with anyone of another nationality, religion, colour or any other means of leverage they use to create profita le divisions?
NO.
Those sending are the ones who want all of that crap.

President Putin? Ive said it before stop being hasty.
Don't base your opinions from what they show you on the news and other methods of brainwashing the masses.

You will see and hear of many??????? (Biblical)
Please understand that this may indeed be third hand via tv and internet.
How much of what you base your opinions on are of first hand seen with your own eyes and heard with your own ears?
How much of your opinion is created and influenced by what you are shown.

Seems like some are also wanting boots on the ground in close proximity to another nation

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It's almost game time people, the nwo totalitarian tiptoe is going public. Putin, Obama, all of them are in on this together.
edit on 13-3-2014 by jaws1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

The US cant handle a war against Russia.

Think if how an awesome team keeps playing scrubs, then they lose skills. And when they play a real team get smoked.

The US has been at war with scrubs in Afghanistan and Iraq. The bar has been so low.

If the US goes to war against someone significant it may be a complete blowout

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
its somewhat like the cuban missile crisis
all you heard about was cuba cuba cuba...nuke nuke nuke
russia bad russia bad russia bad

then after the russ backed up, JFK took the missiles out of turkey
which was as loud as a pindrop in the western media

at HH
they haven't even won one against the scrubs
edit on Thupm3b20143America/Chicago35 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

rigel4

Do you really believe what you are typing? Russia will do what it thinks is in its best interest. For America to preach non intervention is like the KKK and the New Black Panther party Both co-hosting a racial tolerance event.

All Kerry's ultimatum did was give Put in another chance to stick his thumb in the Obama Administration's eye or other body opening....

I wish Ukraine the best, but Russia isn't going to let Crimera out of its grasp again. They will be lucky to keep East Ukraine part of their country.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
hmm...... when will the US and EU support the Turkey rebels against Erdogan????????
much simulair situation to the Ukraine...

edit on 13-3-2014 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

The world could not handle a war between Russia and the USA.
The USA can handle itself just fine in a war.
Russia can handle itself just fine in a war.

The rest of the world would suffer and die right along with BOTH countries.

The bottom line with a war between the US and Russia is that it would be a nuclear war, and in that respect no one wins.
This is why everyone is being cautious...
because the bottom line is mutually assured destruction.

IMO

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join