It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chumlee From Pawn Stars Supposedly Dead: Probable HOAX

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Ebuzzd.com

Austin Russell, also known as Chumlee, star of History's reality series "Pawn Stars," has died from an apparent heart attack, sources confirm to eBuzzd. He was only 31 years old.

Here is a source denying the claim (and others) involving his alleged death:
epochtimes.com

On Wednesday, Russell went on Twitter to dispel the rumor. “May we live long, Rich forever,”

My gut (and pretty much every source I can find) is saying this is a hoax, and a sick one at that, and my regards go out to the ATS community for any shock/concern this may have caused.

I intend for this thread to be an attempt to question the validity of the claim, not to present it as fact, as well as to highlight the problem celebrity-death-hoaxes create on the internet. Feel free to move to HOAX forum if necessary.

It's a shame...

edit on 12-3-2014 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

First you shocked me, now I'm confused... Rick from the show says he's alive and filming today!?

Rick Harrison @GoldSilverPawn 17m
Breaking news: CHUMLEE IS ALIVE & WELL! He is actually filming today but we all really appreciate everyone's concern!
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Rick Harrison @GoldSilverPawn 24m
.@chumlee_ is ALIVE & WELL! He is 101 lbs down & in the best health of his life! Thanks for your concern! He is filming today at GS Pawn
Expand

Please let that glorious big dum dum still be alive, he is the heart factor of the show. Not the heart attack factor!
edit on 12-3-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

EDIT
Also, I have zero respect for that website because they had an article about a month back saying that Betty White Found Dead which is nothing but a click-baity lie. They just leave the lies up there instead of updating it causing distress and alarm and rake in that all powerful Ad-Money. Filth of the industry.

EDIT 2
Thanks OP for updating it say possible hoax (It does look a hoax, but 1% of me is still concerned)! You really had me shocked for a bit there, I hate these websites that do this, it's going to actually cause a heart attack, maybe his mom read that? Must be awful having a celebrity child with these death scare things getting more prevalent.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Oh no! I hope this isn't true.

I can't imagine the backlash of sad folks who learned one of their celebrities has fallen…

We have more celebrities to worship right? Is Jay-Z still alive? is he?! I can only hope.

Man…its sad enough that Pawn Stars is a fabricated show that is fake and dishonest…it can't lose Chumley!!!

I tried to care about millions of other humans dying this week…but alls I can do is care about this very important guy.

RIP Chum…you were so important and influential. Thanks for making being stupid and lazy something to find endearing and cool. Peace big guy!

MM
edit on 12-3-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Read the post above.

MODS PLEASE MOVE THIS TO THE HOAX FORUM>

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Mamatus
reply to post by Mr Mask

Read the post above.

Oooooh thank the TV Gods!!! Its a hoax!? OH THANK YOU WORLD!!!

I really just thought we lost a basement-level semi-famous bad role model for Tv addicted folks.

WhhhhHOOOOOO!!! He is still alive!? YESSSSSSSS!!!

Now I can zone out and be zombie while this large man continues to be useless on TV and make me follow him like an idol!

THANK YOU!!!

MM

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Mr Mask

Mamatus
reply to post by Mr Mask

Read the post above.

I really just thought we lost a basement-level semi-famous bad role model for Tv addicted folks.

Now I can zone out and be zombie while this large man continues to be useless on TV and make me follow him like an idol!

THANK YOU!!!

MM

Have a Snickers

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Mr Mask

Mamatus
reply to post by Mr Mask

Read the post above.

THANK YOU!!!

MM

I had no idea what this post was about until I read your posts...

Very refreshing, Man I hate the TV and all the zombies being brainwashed by it.

Honestly, I think commercials are the worst aspect of TV, and not even the dull boring shows themselves.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Qumulys
reply to post by Aqualung2012

I have zero respect for that website because they had an article about a month back saying that Betty White Found Dead which is nothing but a click-baity lie. They just leave the lies up there instead of updating it causing distress and alarm and rake in that all powerful Ad-Money. Filth of the industry.

EDIT 2
Thanks OP for updating it say possible hoax (It does look a hoax, but 1% of me is still concerned)! You really had me shocked for a bit there, I hate these websites that do this, it's going to actually cause a heart attack, maybe his mom read that? Must be awful having a celebrity child with these death scare things getting more prevalent.

Absolutely! I'm not here to promulgate false claims... I was just as shocked as you were to see the article. It did seem feasible, but I wasn't familiar with the site as being ran by hoaxers. Again, my sincere apologies for the initial wording of this thread.

That said, no... I too have no respect for people/organizations who intentionally create falsities in order to get attention/web hits...

One things for sure though. The guys of Pawn Stars will definitely be suing the pants off that website.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Aqualung2012

One things for sure though. The guys of Pawn Stars will definitely be suing the pants off that website.

Oh man, let us hope!!! Pawn Stars needs to protect its good name in the eyes of an observant and useful public.

Man…I really REALLY hope Pawn Stars is ok as a whole. I worry about them. They provide such a service to my peers.

Pawn Stars…oh man what a GREAT SHOW!!! And important…

MM

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

THANK GOD THIS GUY IS STILL ALIVE…and indoctrinating minds across the western world.

Imagine what kind of populace we would have if we didn't have idols and heroes like this.

Thank heavens he is ok. Cus seriously…I don't want to live in a world where this man is NOT making more money than teachers, police and doctors.

MM

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Mr Mask

Aqualung2012

Oh man, let us hope!!! Pawn Stars needs to protect its good name in the eyes of an observant and useful public.

Man…I really REALLY hope Pawn Stars is ok as a whole. I worry about them. They provide such a service to my peers.

Pawn Stars…oh man what a GREAT SHOW!!! And important…

MM

You have completely missed the point of my saying that. What a high strung, sarcastic person you seem to be!

Obviously they are money driven people, which was why I said that. As far as TV shows go, honestly it's NOT a bad one. They are pretty damn straightforward in their ways and means, they are about making money. They don't have a false premise, and it is actually a pretty informative and show. Rick is a very well read and educated man.

Yeah, TV sucks, but there are far worse than Pawn Stars (try Hardcore Pawn)

And on an editorial note... you could use a vacation or something.

Chumlee's "character" is that of a lazy but lovable dolt, did you miss that? He's being PORTRAYED as such... he is not "indoctrinating" anyone HAHAHA

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Opeth , Opeth , Opeth!

Sorry not really related to you post but it is applicable!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

opethPA
Opeth , Opeth , Opeth!

Sorry not really related to you post but it is applicable!

You know what, I saw your screen name one day a while back, and I wanted to post something on that thread to see if you'd catch the avatar, but I passed it up.

WELL NOTICED my friend!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Aqualung2012

You have completely missed the point of my saying that.

Trust me sir…no I have not.

What a high strung, sarcastic person you seem to be!

High strung? sarcastic? me!? No way…come on…that's harsh. I LOVE TV PROGRAMING!!!

Obviously they are money driven people, which was why I said that. As far as TV shows go, honestly it's NOT a bad one.

The show is worse than bad. It is a mind weapon being used on my peers.

They are pretty damn straightforward in their ways and means, they are about making money. They don't have a false premise, and it is actually a pretty informative and show.

the show has been busted for lying and fabricating fictional sales. Its a farce. For people are are easily fooled by farces.

Rick is a very well read and educated man.

Oh? I see…

Yeah, TV sucks

You think Tv sucks…try looking at the hoard of adults who just spent an entire life worshiping it, and sucking up its shallow messages.

And on an editorial note... you could use a vacation or something.

Where should I go? Know anywhere where adults are not worshiping Chumlee? I'm ready to fly!

MM

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Aqualung2012
You know what, I saw your screen name one day a while back, and I wanted to post something on that thread to see if you'd catch the avatar, but I passed it up.
WELL NOTICED my friend!

Hell yah, nice ink also!
I have the same logo on my shoulder.. =)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Aqualung2012

Chumlee's "character" is that of a lazy but lovable dolt, did you miss that? He's being PORTRAYED as such... he is not "indoctrinating" anyone HAHAHA

Oh trust me, I am very aware he is "faking" being a stupid/useless slob.

And you are wrong…it IS indoctrinating people.

And its disgusting.

AND overly insulting…

Sadly, most western folks can't even sense that, never mind "see" it.

Anyways, I'm outta here, thanks for posting…long live Chumlee, and see ya next time an important thread is shared.

MM

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I really don't care to sit here and argue with you. You're comments are barely intelligible because they are so heavily drenched in sarcasm. Can't you just make a point? We're not going for a Pulitzer here.

I agree that TV in general is shallow and spreads a lot of harmful (dis)information. And more to the point: Pawn Stars is not the most high-minded programming around... and even MORE to the point: Chumlee IS a ratings boosting, buffoon type.

But oh well, you know? Write a thread about it or something.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Mr Mask

Oh trust me, I am very aware he is "faking" being a stupid/useless slob.

And you are wrong…it IS indoctrinating people.

And its disgusting.

AND overly insulting…

Sadly, most western folks can't even sense that, never mind "see" it.

I can't speak for anyone but myself. I agree with you that there are a lot of people who don't realize the degree that they are affected or conditioned or indoctrinated (what have you) by TV, and I'm equally disgusted/disappointed in those people, but they are not my regular milieu, nor is watching TV the way I usually spend my time. I do appreciate you taking the tone down a bit, for the sake of conversation. It's just more effective for everyone.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

You seem a little miffed about this! Sure, it's pre-fab tv. Probably costs practically nothing to make vs how much it brings in. The buy/selling/acting doesn't bother me. Just looking at old stuff is kinda interesting. It's certainly low brow, and chumlee is a doofus - but that face! He could probably shoot the queen and say 'whoopsies, my bad' and have people feel sorry for him. But he is obviously acting, so does mean people can't feel shock if they hear he's dead?
Look I much prefer Antiques Roadshow, but it's american tv (Pawn Stars) and that's what you get. Doesn't change the fact there's some cool antiques to see with some lovable characters that might get young folk interested in history and antiquities.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join