It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your question wasnt answered? Here's why...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Maybe because it was a 3 paragraph short story
Or a ten line prose essay.
it may have been asked already
Or you had multiple questions in your post.
i mean, people were asked to make them short and to the point and keep each post to ONE question.
One question per post. Easy. Simple. Or so you'd think.
i'd estimate at least 50% of all posts were multiple questions
im talking about the Stan Friedman AMA by the way...
Springer posted a couple of times to keep them to one per post and to the point, no long winded 4 line questions.
Straight after we had people posing multiple questions, and they wonder why theirs were'nt answered

Well there's why folks...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

Mine was short and to the point but Mr. Friedman must have missed it... I was quite disappointed. Didn't help that others were spamming their own questions and even asking multiple questions after their original was already answered and addressed, including a mod or two.

Kallisti

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

i believe things will be a lot tighter on future AMA'S
it was getting a bit ridiculous, especially on the second day

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

CagliostroTheGreat

Mine was short and to the point but Mr. Friedman must have missed it... I was quite disappointed. Didn't help that others were spamming their own questions and even asking multiple questions after their original was already answered and addressed, including a mod or two.

Kallisti

Mine too, so I waived the question to Springer, which also didnt answered, both must be BUSY I guess to answer 4 YesNo question.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

SecretKnowledge

i believe things will be a lot tighter on future AMA'S
it was getting a bit ridiculous, especially on the second day

Yeah.

I didn't even bother checking in after day one because the whole thing just became a total CF and it seemed like Stan was getting frustrated anyway. I hope the next one turns out better. I was really stoked to get to ask such an iconic figure a question and it just passed through my fingers like sand. Really quite a let down. But a great idea.

Kallisti

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

Thats my point exactly,
You had 4 questions in your post and they were'nt answered.
You might have had more of a chance if it was one question

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I really wasn't surprised that my one line, to the point and concise question was ignored.

There are some questions that so called experts in UFOlogy avoid like the plague. They know the answer but don't want anyone else know they know.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

If I recall, NullVoid, your question was a few clicks below mine and also related to reptilian NHEs.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Yep...total c.....f..... I recommend mods screen all questions and remove duplicates as wellas deleting any that don't follow the requested formats or rules. It was tiring and distracting having to skim through duplicated and multiple questions to get to the meat. Stanton didn't helpby notquoting the original question so it became such a mess I stopped following yet ( not his fault as even some who have been here for a while have problems including myself).

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

When we are honored to have a high profile AMA guest, there will be a *lot* of questions.

I think it's up to the honored guest, taking his/her own time to come to ATS, to choose which questions to answer. Not every single question will be answered, and some answers if read, will answer multiple questions. To get all bent out of shape because you don't see your own screen name in the reply to a question, is kind of silly and self centered. Maybe the guest, has read the same question from multiple members, and chose to answer them in one reply.

Also, to view an AMA thread as if it's your own personal opportunity to tell your life story to the honored guest, and expecting a response on a lengthy story, is childish.

JMOHO...

Des

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Stanton didn't answer my question and that's fine with me. I really appreciate him taking the time out of his life to come here and attempt to answer our questions.

Thank you Springer for the opportunity!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Exactly, Des. And unfortunately that is how too many people viewed it. There were posts with literally five paragraphs detailing someones abduction experience with a question tacked on the end so as not to have the post removed.

I submitted a single reply greeting Stan, telling him it was an honor and then asking my qeustion.

*sigh*

Next time!

Kallisti

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Also, to view an AMA thread as if it's your own personal opportunity to tell your life story to the honored guest, and expecting a response on a lengthy story, is childish.

i totally agree with this statement
As ive already said, Springer has said that future AMA's will be a lot more stringent

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

TheLieWeLive
Stanton didn't answer my question and that's fine with me. I really appreciate him taking the time out of his life to come here and attempt to answer our questions.

Thank you Springer for the opportunity!

Thank you Springer indeed. The fault lies neither with MOD Springer nor Mr. Friedman but rather with negligent and selfish members (some of which were mods as well) not following the protocol set forth by MOD Springer in the opening of the OP.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I thought it was awful....one of the worst ones...you couldnt get through one page without someone bitching about their question not being answered....my personal opinion was that people were being rude..but yet they fired back at SF as if he was the one being rude lol....such ignorance. I wanted to ask a question myself but held off because I knew he couldnt keep up.

We should make rules...no posts longer than a paragraph during AMA and only one question....some people were asking the same questions because they didnt take the time to read the thread. Also some of the questions were ridiculous....as SF was god and had all answers to everything.

The last couple we have had have made cringe at some of the dialogue going on.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Exactly, Des. And unfortunately that is how too many people viewed it. There were posts with literally five paragraphs detailing someones abduction experience with a question tacked on the end so as not to have the post removed.

This is the point of my rant...

Having such an esteemed guest as Mr. Friedman, people seen it as an opportunity to relate to him their take on everything from the ET/EDH/ANCIENT ALIEN etc. to the hollow earth theory
edit on 12/3/14 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'm happy I got replied to, because it caused friction between Stanton and Jim Oberg, and they both offered a public debate with each other, because of me!

So there.

lol

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

skyblueworld
I'm happy I got replied to, because it caused friction between Stanton and Jim Oberg, and they both offered a public debate with each other, because of me!

So there.

lol

YES!
i remember that!
Springer are you reading this? Get it sorted mate,
A debate between these two would be extremely interesting

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
And I noticed that one person in particular was asking a question every 5 seconds. I thought that that was very irresponsible, thoughtless, and inconsiderate of him. I got annoyed by that. I'm not sure how that was allowed, but anyway. Maybe it took too much energy to remove his posts.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

skyblueworld

So there.

lol

Oh, just rubbing salt in the proverbial wound!

Yeah, that's pretty awesome
A once in a lifetime kinda deal, eh? How many folks can say "I started a debate between Stanton Friedman and Jim Oberg?"
Not many, I'd wager!

edit on Cpm4Wednesday4820143131Wed, 12 Mar 2014 16:48:31 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: stupid phone

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join