It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Between two ferns lies an obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Obama tries to reach the youth that watch between two ferns with Zach Galifianakis (Hangover guy).

Funny or die video

You should have self respect Barack, why you do this scripted thing, aren't you the leader of a nation, are you an actor? is that the way a world lieder acts.

I'm just sad i tried to defend this guy some times, i miss Bush

I hope people rage as much i did when i saw this, i find it disrespectful from him to do this, oh well now we know why there is a 2 terms limit, they are tiresome as the bad hangover movies and the puppet needs to be replaced

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Actually I found that funny as hell. Love the dig at the birthers bit.
So, what is the problem your having with that? the idea that he is ultimately pushing for healthcare coverage?

Miss Bush? Well, at least the whole "I used to defend this guy" is about as genuine as Paris Hilton's nose.

I like this part: "I hope people rage as much i did when i saw this"...I think only the generally insane would rage..which doesn't mean much considering they would probably rage out on birds singing and kids laughing all the same.

Anyhow, have a nice day Mr. Colbert.

edit on 12-3-2014 by SaturnFX because: stuff

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I saw it. It was demeaning for the POTUS to be on that show.
Miley Cyrus? Sure. Justin Beieber? Yep. Charlie Sheen? Okay.
But it was humiliating for the United States for Obama to be on.
Talk about disrespectful to the office ...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I truly defend him and i truly miss bush, he seemed like a guy you could have some beer with, not missing him as president.

If you think i'm being ironic it was just unintentional, i must be on my male period and be overreacting.

still find the whole Obama act disrespectful for the people and institutions.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

You should have self respect Barack, why you do this scripted thing, aren't you the leader of a nation, are you an actor? is that the way a world lieder acts.

Of course he is an actor. Nixon lost a big debate and then an election to Kennedy because he was not media savvy. The king maker politicos paid attention to this and began shopping for camera ready recruits.
A little over 15 years later, the National Association of Manufacturers went hunting for their shill and found their actor wallowing in the Borax mines of TV waste land and pushed his addled mind and winning smile in front of the camera resulting in a scripted sham that to this day remains the myth of God's Own Chosen Potus.

But aside from that, I loved the way Galafanikis kept doing a cool impersonation of William F Buckley.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This video pissed me off. Zach and Ferrell have sold out and are taking America's youth with them. It's unfortunate celebrities seldom use their influence in a more beneficial way... Instead we got Yeezus preaching his gospel and Miley shaking her twat

Will Ferrell and Michelle Obama's Let's Move Project

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Indigent
reply to post by SaturnFX

I truly defend him and i truly miss bush, he seemed like a guy you could have some beer with, not missing him as president.

Yeah, if Bush is anywhere near as cool as the character he played in Harold and Kumar Escape Guantanamo Bay... A heckuva job.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

nomoregmo
This video pissed me off. Zach and Ferrell have sold out and are taking America's youth with them. It's unfortunate celebrities seldom use their influence in a more beneficial way... Instead we got Yeezus preaching his gospel and Miley shaking her twat

Will Ferrell and Michelle Obama's Let's Move Project

You suggest that Zach and Ferrell have sold out. This would suggest that either of them have any higher principles to sell out. It would presume that either of them were were more than just public clowns, in it for the money and fame in the first place.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Lighten up. It was very funny, and while Obama said it in jest (kinda), of COURSE he wouldn't go on the show without something to plug. Even if you hate Obama you can at least enjoy some of the little quips from both parties. I also like Obama's lip bite after the turkey joke.

You may hate Obamacare, but Obama doesn't and if anything he should be lauded for sticking to his guns and attempting to reach out to the younger generation. Even if it means going on a show that you think is stupid.

It's easy to forget just how much the world has changed since the advent of the internet, and especially how much change has happened within the last 5-10 years with more and more people connecting online and outright ignoring other media like newspapers and boring political talk shows. You want to reach people, you're going to have to make some changes. I'm fairly certain any other president in our history would have gone on the show to reach out to those who would otherwise probably not get the message were they able.

I'm no great fan of Obama, but the constant search for things to drag him through the mud is ridiculous. I felt the same way with Bush, and probably will again with the next president.

In some countries satire can get you jailed. Same with any dissent. I'll take a president that can have some fun poked at him any day over one that jails bloggers for their opinions.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

for sure. i just have enjoyed some of their works in the past, i guess i just have to get over it

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I almost fell over when Zach checked his watch!

top topics

join