It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysia Airlines MH370: Terrorist link?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I know this has been discussed both on here and in the wider media, but it has largely been dismissed as a cause for the flights disappearance by the authorities, at least until they have some evidence, which is fair enough.

Now, I was just browsing various news sources this morning when I came in to work and noticed a story in the UK's Daily Mirror about a "shoe bomber" turned supergrass for the US, who is giving evidence in the trial of Bin Laden's son-in-law. In that story is something that jumped out at me:

He told the court he wore a shoe bomb on at least one flight from Karachi, Pakistan, to Holland and another from Holland to the U.K. in December 2001.

Badat described how he had only one shoe with explosives in it after giving the other to some Malaysian men who wanted to blow open a plane's cockpit door and carry out a September 11-style hijacking of their own.

A link, perhaps? I know a shoe bomb is unlikely to cause an aircraft to fall out the sky, but what if they had used such a device to try and seize control of the aircraft and it all went wrong, either by killing the pilots, causing a de-pressurisation or severing flight controls?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Maybe that's why the picture of the two fake passport dudes was "fixed". Same shoes, or I mean shoe. Might look a bit funny walking around with only one shoe as well.
edit on 12-3-2014 by ZeussusZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
OP theory: FAIL

If terrorist succeed, the plane should already crash into something.
If terrorist fail, plane should be there.
If blow up, debris should already found
if hijacked and shut down transponder, radar still can detect them
If forced crashed, debris and radar will show evidence

Let just wait until debris found shall we ?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
doesnt fit .. terrorists would have made demands by now along with claimed credit for it had they been involved. and lasttime checked malaysia hasnt managed to piss anyone off to make them a target. Unlike western countries that have managed to piss off over half the world ..

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Just as plausible as any other theory i have read here. The only one missing is it was Somali Prates what did it.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

Ok, before we carry on and you get all high and mighty over my "fail", let's just clear something up shall we? As clearly stated in the OP, this was just an odd coincidence I noticed while reading an unrelated news article and I thought it worth mentioning. I also clearly state in the opening paragraph that any terrorism link is currently being downplayed by the authorities and accept that. I also clearly state I doubt any shoe bomb could bring down an airliner. I merely brought what I had read here for discussion, so wind your neck in.

However, there have actually been claims for responsibility from various terrorist groups. Even the CIA Director mentioned that yesterday but clarified that they are, as yet, unverified for the simple reason they have not located the aircraft so anything is pure speculation. So to be honest, my "fail theory" has just as much evidence behind it as anything else.

reply to post by Expat888

As mentioned above, some groups have tried to claim responsibility, you should pay attention. Also, Malaysia does have history with regards to terrorism and another flight back in 1977 also "mysteriously" crashed under a suspected, but unclaimed, terrorist attack.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
In fact, because of your attitude, let's go through your post, shall we?

NullVoid
If terrorist succeed, the plane should already crash into something.

It has crashed - that much is certain! It's been missing for several days, no airliner can stay aloft for that long. What exactl;y is your point here?

NullVoid
If terrorist fail, plane should be there.

Again, what's your point? The plane "isn't there", wherever there is. The plane is missing, ergo if it was terrorism, they have succeeded.

NullVoid
If blow up, debris should already found

Talk about stating the obvious - what's your point here? If it crashed, blew up, broke up or was deliberately flown into the sea in a mad attempt to divebomb a whale, then debris should be found. The fact that there is no plane at the destination is evidence enough it has gone down.

NullVoid
if hijacked and shut down transponder, radar still can detect them

Until it either crashes, or blows up.

Again, what's your point here - once more stating the obvious. I also never claimed a hijacking.

The plane went off radar, what's your explanation for the sudden disappearance of an airliner?

NullVoid
If forced crashed, debris and radar will show evidence

You're not really making any points here and just stating the obvious. You'd think if you thought my "theory" as a "fail", you'd make an eloquent argument. You do not. They have not found any debris yet and the plane vanished off radar - what explanation have you for that?

NullVoid
Let just wait until debris found shall we ?

So earlier you're against my "theory" but now you want to wait for debris? Can't have it both ways.
edit on 12/3/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I agree with Stumason.

So the OP failed. Okay. What did happen?
Where is the plane?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Malaysia is a fertile recruitment center for fighters to be used as insurgences for various conflicts in the middle east. It was used by KSM and Ramz ibin al-shibh to wash passport stamps for Iran and Afghanistan.

And, of course, the infamous Kuala Lumpur meeting, bungled by the CIA(sorry fellows) and further bungled the FBI and it's still mysterious today.

I don't have any record of attacks against Malaysia-perhaps someone else has data on that.

It best to just let the authorities figure this out, I am curious about the interest of both Scotland Yard and M15.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by spooky24

There was a little thing called the Malayan Emergency after the War up until 1960, where insurgents would carry out terror attacks on civilians etc.

Then after independence, there was a Communist insurgency, which was really just a continuation of the previous war but against the now independent Malayan Government. And there are also Malayan born terrorists sitting in Indonesian jails, so it isn't unheard of although it has been a while.

Then again, Malaysia doesn't have to be the target, many of the groups claiming responsibility for the flight vanishing are Chinese in origin and we all know they've had trouble of late.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Good update. I wasn't aware of any of those skirmishes. In general, you could call Malaysia a good dance floor, with all sorts coming to dance. The longer this drags on the more suspicious it gets.

It makes one wonder. The American media desperately needed a war in the Ukraine-that is not going to happen so now they got a disappearing plane.

The entire spectrum of the media is engaged in playing Ostrich Enron style. Sooner or later their billions in losses will come to the surface. If you recall, Enron hid the debt by constantly starting new projects, that never had a chance to be profitable, however it gave the illusion of prosperity. The bare fact that the American presidential election is already a done deal has them very worried. They need something big and they need something global just to, like Enron, continue to the illusion of prosperity.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
When you mention about bomb. The plane should explode and debris found. Its there, we will found it.
but it doesnt, so your assumption about bomb - FAIL

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

ZeussusZ

Maybe that's why the picture of the two fake passport dudes was "fixed". Same shoes, or I mean shoe. Might look a bit funny walking around with only one shoe as well.

Sorry, the fake passport dudes are a red herring. Iran is not that obvious in it's bad activities. Iran and Israel are like the Cold War US/USSR writ small in the Middle East. Do you really think that if Iran intended to take down an airliner like this, they would be this obvious about it? You better believe that if they wanted to do this, and I have no idea why they would, they would have it buried under so many layers and martyrs that it would be pretty impossible to uncover.

No, the Iranian link is just incidental and being fed to the press as red meat to keep them busy in the meantime while everyone either tries to figure out what actually happened or come up with a plausible story to cover up what actually happened.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Taggart

I agree with Stumason.

So the OP failed. Okay. What did happen?
Where is the plane?

Yes, what happened ? Thats a good question.
For now until we found debris, we can be agree

its not bomb - no debris yet
its not hijack - no ransom/demand, plane not land
its not takeover - plane not land
its not diverted - radar cannot detect, plane not land
its not crash - radar show poof, so is transponder, so is transmission

Weirdly, the best theory is - it went into wormhole or submerged into sea.
Pretty weird, but thats is the best, even that have problem
wormhole (yikes) - fuel 7 hours only.
silent dive into sea - transponder show it poof at 35000, no mayday call, radar show poof at 35000, not at 0

so...it is a very weird event, until we found debris, all speculation are off.
When we found debris and location - start your engine.

For now, again I say - lets wait until they found the debris.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Soloprotocol
Just as plausible as any other theory i have read here. The only one missing is it was Somali Prates what did it.

Yes, indeed. They all can easily debunked, they are not good enough.
All the theory have problem to support their hypothesis and matching up with the flight and radar data.

This is what makes the case interesting - data does not matchup with any theory.

The best theory I found that match with data, weirdly
- parallel universe, thread sent to LOL forum

I'm going with common technical crash, but, as I said, it doesnt match up with data

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Satellite data shows hijacked MH370 was last seen flying towards Pakistan OR Indian Ocean as Malaysian PM admits tracking devices were switched off before an 'experienced' pilot flew it off course
Officials confirmed missing plane was hijacked by one or several people
Could have turned off communication system and steered it off-course
Now believed plane could have flown for another seven hours
Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak refused to confirm the reports
Investigators working to establish motive and where plane was taken
Reports suggest home of one of the pilots is currently being searched

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... p-significant-flying-experience.html#ixzz2w2oApxys

Any theory yet on who would have hijacked it and why?
Especially as they now say 'hijacking' is the only option.
Which in theory it must be, because if the transponder has to be manually turned off....
Then nobody would have done so in any other scenario such as crash / pilot error / depressurization etc?
I wonder if demands have been made yet through the back channels?

I wonder how many runaways / landing sites there are within a radius?
At least there is hope now of survivors.

Word is there was 20 digital intelligence officers /hackery types on the plane.
I wonder if it was hijacked specifically for these people.

It is possible that it could be related to the crimea situation.
edit on 15-3-2014 by Loopdaloop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

NullVoid
When you mention about bomb. The plane should explode and debris found. Its there, we will found it.
but it doesnt, so your assumption about bomb - FAIL

Guess you're feeling a bit daft now, what with all the "FAIL" comments about my hijacking/terrorism theory..

Turns out I might have been barking up the right tree after all...

It's ok though, I accept your apology

new topics

top topics

join