It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowdsourcing The SEARCH For MAYLAYSIA FLIGHT 370: YOU, Help Find The Missing Plane Using TOMNOD!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Sadly no Pax as this image was lifted from a BBC news story just…. i'm on the Tomnod site and just getting the idea however the location of that sighting is not available on it……? although looking for it……

www.bbc.com...

Regards

PDUK
edit on 12-3-2014 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Yeah, I know! After you posted that map I went back on tomnod an tried to find the South China sea...NO dice!

I have been through about 104 tiles and have only seen 2 things i found suspicious..

Nice to see you pduk

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Okay I have searched 4582 squares so far, and come up with an oil rig, and floating heli landing pad, and some large boats. Almost completely finished with my first map.

Is there anyway to tell what area you are searching?

* I finished the first map they gave me. Including the annoying border Tiles it was 4862 Tiles. On to the next one?
www.tomnod.com...
Labeled as the Gulf of Thailand
edit on 3/12/2014 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I've been going at it for two days now, on my 3rd map. My first map I saw several things I marked including one very large oil slick.
The only way I even knew that's what it was was from the example they had to compare too. It was over 12 boxes long, top to bottom.
I also saw several other unidentifiable things as well as a small island, all flagged.

I have yet to find anything that shows position or location as to where you are looking. I also haven't found anyway to go back to previous maps. Definitely a good thing though, the more eyes looking, the better.
It also seemed to me like they changed the brightness on the images today. Yesterday it was much darker and harder to spot the anomalies.
edit on 12-3-2014 by Cherryontop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Cherryontop

Nice I noticed that too! the only way I knew my map was gulf of Thailand was when I clicked share map but that's it. Now the site won't load for me so I shall try again later. Good luck everyone Keep hopes up that we (or anyone) will bring those families closure

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I would like to thank y'all for participating in this thread....and for taking the time to visit the website. I am about to log on now and spend some time searching....nerdgoddess is making me look bad
just kidding! Gonna try and get more people from ATS to join us!

Thanks for your time
Pax

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

If it makes you feel better- I only have this much time on my hands because I got fired last month so... I figured why not. Makes me feel a teeny better about not having found a new job yet. LOL

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

stumason
This is a good idea - someone is bound to turn up something, provided the images are of good quality and are genuinely recent.

This reminds me of a report of Google asking people not to use Google Earth to help - I hate to facepaml myself several times at the stupidity of some people but then, I've heard of people using Streetview to look at their homes and then call home to get whomever to wave out the window........

If this was a normal crash, i would say it would have been easy to find..however, this is no normal occurence. I think there are people who dont want this flight to be found..but why.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The Tomnod site isn't working. Earlier it was fine but it was in the middle of the night and dark. I thought as the sun came up we could actually see something now I just get a blank white page.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

andy1972

stumason
This is a good idea - someone is bound to turn up something, provided the images are of good quality and are genuinely recent.

This reminds me of a report of Google asking people not to use Google Earth to help - I hate to facepaml myself several times at the stupidity of some people but then, I've heard of people using Streetview to look at their homes and then call home to get whomever to wave out the window........

If this was a normal crash, i would say it would have been easy to find..however, this is no normal occurence. I think there are people who dont want this flight to be found..but why.

It's no different from the plane crash Steve Fossett was in - he was flying a small Cessna on a flight path at 10,000 feet in the Nevada Desert. His family paid for satellite photographs to be made and put online. They used the Amazon Turk system to get the images viewed. But no-one found his plane. They had concentrated on the valley, when his plane has actually carried on in a straight line until it crash-landed on a slope in the mountains. He'd wandered around for about 750 ft. The plane was only found by hikers, and not by search teams.

Then there's the 1999 South Dakota Learjet crash, which suffered from slow depressurization. That led to the plane just following the path of the last turn made by the autopilot until it ran out of fuel.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

Yeah I think they are working on a new map. At least that's what it says on the site, they say the new images will be up in a few minutes.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Thank you for the heads up..I know i had to use Maxthon cloud browser cause it wouldn't work on Chrome..Not sure if ya have a browser issue or not..

Pax

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Guys i took some time to look on the map.. hopefully look somemore.

but found this>

www.tomnod.com...

P.s im using firefox... didn't load the first time.. but 2nd time i clicked the link.. it worked.. Not sure what thats about ^_^
edit on 14-3-2014 by GeneralEddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
not sure if I am doing this right. does anyone see what I see? giant dark blobs over 10ns of tiles so far, that look maybe like oil slick??? www.tomnod.com...

-disregard. I just trolled myself hard. It's cloud shadows.
edit on 3/14/2014 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

stormcell

andy1972

stumason

It's no different from the plane crash Steve Fossett was in - he was flying a small Cessna on a flight path at 10,000 feet in the Nevada Desert. His family paid for satellite photographs to be made and put online. They used the Amazon Turk system to get the images viewed. But no-one found his plane. They had concentrated on the valley, when his plane has actually carried on in a straight line until it crash-landed on a slope in the mountains. He'd wandered around for about 750 ft. The plane was only found by hikers, and not by search teams.

Then there's the 1999 South Dakota Learjet crash, which suffered from slow depressurization. That led to the plane just following the path of the last turn made by the autopilot until it ran out of fuel.

Yeah..but cessna's and learjets are not 777's filled wth nearly 300 people and the best equipment in the world.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
A plane/debris will eventually be found but it will not be from the plane.

The solution to this mystery lies at Diego Garcia.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

huush
A plane/debris will eventually be found but it will not be from the plane.

The solution to this mystery lies at Diego Garcia.

Well slap me up side the head with a pancake and call me Sally. You have solved the mystery.

Can you offer a tad more information ?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I am doing this stuf right now, but actually I think the resoultion is too low.
2-3m parts will only be a few mm big on the screen and could easily be dismissed as waves

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

By now, you have all heard that the plane flew for a few hours over the Indian Ocean. There is only one reasonable place for it to have gone - Diego Garcia military base in the middle of the ocean. See here:

www.whatdoesitmean.com...

I also read that there were 20 Chinese defense contractors from Texas on the plane.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join