It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysia Passenger leaves ring, watch for toddler sons before disappearance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Malaysia Airlines passenger leaves ring, watch for toddler sons before disappearance

Mechanical engineer Paul Weeks left his family behind in Australia, bound for a dream job in Mongolia. He gave his wedding ring and watch to wife Danica and said to give the marriage band to whoever of sons 3-year-old Lincoln and an 11-month-old Jack married first, 'if something should happen to me.

It may be their last gift from daddy.
Before taking off on the missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner for a new job in far off Mongolia, Paul Weeks took off his wedding ring and watch and handed them to his wife Danica.

“If something should happen to me then the wedding ring should go to the first son that gets married and the watch to the second,” Weeks said, the worried wife recalled.

Then, about an hour after the plane took off from Kuala Lumpur on Saturday, Weeks and the 238 other passengers aboard Flight 370 vanished somewhere over the South China Sea.

As if we don't already have enough weirdness now this. I dunno, call it a premonition? Jitters? Being thoughtful 'Just in Case' I've read about many plane crashes over the years and watched quite a few documentaries and there is always a bit of mystery and of course conspiracy conjecture before a rational explanation is found but I gotta tell you, so far, this one seems very odd.
edit on 11-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Definitely a premonition of something bad was about to happen. Somehow he knew his number might be up.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
How weird..... this whole thing is weird! I can't believe in this day and age we can loose an airplane, I mean they are crowd sourcing satellite imagery hoping someone sees something!

I think this guy may have just left his stuff to his sons just because he was leaving for a new job, anything can happen ya know. I don't think he would have gotten on that plane had he known it would never be seen again.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

This guy is a new Zealander. They left Christchurch NZ after the earthquakes a few years ago . His wife gave birth during the quake in a pile of rubble.
He was of to Mongolia for his first shift at new job.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Another engineer?
ETA:
"20 MAS passengers contracted by Freescale Semiconductor for US Dept Defense Cloaking tech!"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And exactly how many engineers, or people related to the field... worked for IBM, etc., were on that flight?

Mei Ling Chng, Pittburg(engineer)
Philip Wood, TX(IBM)
Freescale Semiconductor, Austin TX based companie's employees
edit on 11-3-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Seems we have similar careers (away in remote locations from loved ones - working for big corporations).

I note Transwest Mongolia is a construction and mining giant and there is a high likelihood he was destined for a mining camp (as opposed to a township).

QHSE policy dictates that at no time is any jewellery permitted to be worn in the workplace - in some cases, depending on the work environment, this includes watches and necklaces - even if its under clothing as there are real injury hazards related to fire and heat. Rings are the first thing not allowed and are usually stored in safes at the initial induction stage of entering the site, along with any other personal items.

You are encouraged to leave it all behind for the duration of the project.

As is the case with me - my wife has my wedding band on a necklace and my watch is on my side table.

Now, in saying all of that, the contents of the conversation, if it did indeed take place as indicated, between him and his wife regarding "if anything should happen to me" is indeed another twist in this most bizarre and ever-developing event.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Listen, to your inner voice.

A spirit world is there, to help guide you.

Reminds me of a shipmate aboard a USCGC who was agitated prior to getting underway, saying he had a bad feeling about the 30-day patrol, and was hoping to somehow get out of it. Several weeks later around midnight off the coast of Oregon while responding to a SAR call within a violent storm, five seaman were swept overboard, him and another seaman were never seen again.

edit on 12-3-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

a more prosaic explaination : he feared his valuables could be stolen working onsite

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Probably because Mongolians will steal the eye out of a needle if it isnt nailed down, having had the misfortune of knowing several of them ''well''

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I don't know if it's premonition.. or just someone trying to get hold of the situation, and using the media as separation?

check the news archives, and you will find plenty prior to this revelation...

My guess is that it is a coping mechanism, not premonition?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I dont think its really that weird, this is the least weird thing about the whole sotustion in my opinion. My partner works in construction and doesnt wear any jewellery to work, say he is off on a mining camp like someone said, he isnt going to be able to wear it and its probably not very safe to have valuables left in your room where cleaners etc more than likely come in so it seems logical to leave it at home where it will be safe, i do the same with my jewellery. It also sounds like they have been through a couple traumatic events having been in Christchurch during the quakes and what followed before moving here to Perth, so when someone has been through stuff like that they know bad things can happen and maybe thats made them more accepting of saying something like that when leaving them with her, if she doesn't think its extremely weird, keeping in mind she probably knows him better than anyone then i dont think anyone else should think its weird.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
These guys went to work on Mars..an one way trip.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Maybe that passenger had some kind of pre cognitigion about the flight..
I once read that a large percentage of planes which crash are often not as full as they would be on a "normal" day.
The theory is that people's sixth sense/insticnt kicks in,and they decide against flying that day.

Not sure if there is anything to it,but I know many people get a "bad feeling" prior to a catastrophe.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

hmmmm, lol. was every passenger some kind of engineer and the like? i'd actually consider that a possibility if everyone on the plane was a specialized worker in certain fields. it's out there, but who knows..

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

zatara

You know what? I laughed at that... and then I didn't. There is something rotten in the state of Denmark and this is as plausible as some of the other stuff being thrown around.

To OP: I agree this may have been a premonition thing. Without getting into detail, there is one event that occurred in my life that I literally saw coming for almost a year before it did. I knew/felt it to the core of my being. So I absolutely believe that it is possible he knew what was coming down the pike. It's also possible he knew he was leaving, but was not necessarily going to die. At this point it doesn't really matter if the eventual "Official Explanation" will be true or not. This will be another forever conspiracy to many folks because of things like this.

The weirdness factor of the whole thing is off the charts.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Sublimecraft

Seems we have similar careers (away in remote locations from loved ones - working for big corporations).

I note Transwest Mongolia is a construction and mining giant and there is a high likelihood he was destined for a mining camp (as opposed to a township).

QHSE policy dictates that at no time is any jewellery permitted to be worn in the workplace - in some cases, depending on the work environment, this includes watches and necklaces - even if its under clothing as there are real injury hazards related to fire and heat. Rings are the first thing not allowed and are usually stored in safes at the initial induction stage of entering the site, along with any other personal items.

You are encouraged to leave it all behind for the duration of the project.

As is the case with me - my wife has my wedding band on a necklace and my watch is on my side table.

Now, in saying all of that, the contents of the conversation, if it did indeed take place as indicated, between him and his wife regarding "if anything should happen to me" is indeed another twist in this most bizarre and ever-developing event.

Where I work they also ask for all Iphone cell and camera
And no diamond ring for sure

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

zatara

ALTERNATIVE 3

Anyone remember this gem...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I appreciate everybody taking the time to post their thoughts. I thought this was an interesting story.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
It couldn't possibly be that because he was going on a long trip away from home in a strange place that he wanted to do what normal people do, they say goodbye to loved ones and tend to leave meaningful things with them so as to remember them by. Why is that every single normal human behavior has to be suspect or weird? Go to an airport and I bet you can find about a hundred of these occurrences happening a day, they all seem to have safe flights.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I don't see anything weird about this as it is a fairly common practice when traveling for long periods of time.

Hell last time I was on a business trip out of the mainland US for 3 weeks I essentially did the same thing with my family.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join