It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestion: Clickable Usernames

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
My suggestion is just that. When I visit the New Topics page and see the threads there, I notice that the usernames of the persons who have started the threads are not clickable. I think that making this part of the page clickable would expand the functionality on what you can do here on ATS. I don't want to get long-winded and talk about the reasons why it would be useful -- I think the reasons are somewhat obvious. Well, what do you think?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Great idea, I second it.

The screennames do look like they are clickable.. thats its disappointing to click on their bright color and see no hyperlink result

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

edit on 1110u3 by JHumm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I diasgree. It should be a 12 step process to get to your own profile let alone some other users. Like uploading and embedding media, the more steps the better. We should actuallly have to draw any Images in ms paint to prove our motivation.

Now we can close the thread as i hwve successfully explained things. Go back to reddit if you disagree.

Love and whispers...

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sn0rch

On second thought, maybe I should disagree as well. Your comment sounded reasonable... Just kidding! Just kidding!

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
click into the thread and click the OPs username. .. straight to their profile.

same diff!?

not seeing what the benefit or advantage would be to have the username itself also 'clickable' in the overall new thread listings.

the title/ thread and forum itself already allow for necessary navigation.

just not seeing the benefit, i guess, but not closed to additional input, comments or opinions.

??

what benefit does/would it offer or afford the end user?

just curious ?

thanX!

12m8keall2c
Jon

edit on 3/11/2014 by 12m8keall2c because: spEEling

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

What I'm really into is right-clicking, and opening new tabs (or windows; I don't do this however) like that I can multi-task between tabs. I'm just thinking about (it sounds bad), what if there's somebody on ATS that hasn't proven themselves, and you know them mostly by their avatar than their username. If you right-click on their name you can see who it is (via their avatar), and decide if you want to revisit that thread later rather than sooner instead of passing up a juicier thread that really catches your interest. It sounds like a minor thing at first, but I really think that it can enhance the ATS experience.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

in that case ... maybe a more coder/user -friendly dealio would be to have some sort of mouseover/expand type thing. with, perhaps a thumbnail of their avvie and addt'l info of the like

???

threads# posts#, etc

??

sort of like how some message boards give an expanded brief of the OP when you mouseover the topic/thread title.

i'll see if i can find an example to show... gimme a sec

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

That doesn't sound like a bad idea. Make it work, admin! You can show me while you're at it.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

neh... bill does all the coding, but I can put it all together and see what he says.... 's about the best i can offer on this end.

he's a busy busy boi, but i'll see what i can do, wrench his arm for a month, or so..

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Cool!

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I'd like it if the names were clickable, but more than that I would like a sort of mini-mini profile to pop up on mouseover. I am freaking horrible with names. Ridiculously so. I'm great with faces and avatars though (I am mad at Beezzer right now). I'm aware I can subscribe to friends threads, but I only use Recent Posts. Let's pretend that I just want to be able to see if it's a favorite thread starter and not that I want to be able to more easily ignore people I think are gullible. Actually I just think it would be kinda cool and would probably be clicking anyway, regardless of my admiration or disdain towards the OP. I fully admit that I'm lazy here.

In addition, I would like a button that when clicked deposited $500 to my bank account with no limit. Also one that sends someone over to my place with beer.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Can you hook him up...PLEASE!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join