It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco Firefighters Battling 6-Alarm Blaze "Live Video"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Tried to post this in "Breaking News" but it wouldn't post. Mod's please move if need be.

The fire is out of control, offices and apartments in the area are being evacuated.

Thoughts go out to all those in the area.

A fire at Fourth and China Basin streets in San Francisco this evening has grown to six alarms, sending a plume of black smoke high into the sky.

The blaze, burning at an apartment building under construction just west of AT&T Park, was reported at 4:56 p.m.

The fire torched what was due to become a 360-unit apartment complex. The site is owned by the San Francisco-based BRE Properties.

Live video link
edit on 11-3-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Thank God that building wasn't occupied. I was pretty freaked out when I first saw the stream and hadn't read the apartment was still under construction.

Saying it's 50% contained. Yikes.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Yes, Thank God it wasn't occupied. The site is on 3.7 acres with 360 units.

Worried about the 30mph wind gusts. I heard that someone reported their windows had blown out from the extreme heat in a nearby building. People are just now arriving back home from the work day.

They are expecting the building to collapse shortly. Frightening situation.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this. I've been watching the plume of smoke from my back deck and wondered what was ablaze. You saved me from having to watch local news (yuk)!
'Glad the buildings were unoccupied. They're packing the yuppies in China Basin like sardines these days.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Photo: Portion of high-rise construction site in San Francisco collapses after catching fire - @FotogFeep

www.breakingnews.com...

Hope no one was hurt in the collapse. The pic below brings back memories of 9/11.

edit on 11-3-2014 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
San Francisco Mission Bay Fire Building Collapse (3/11/2014)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MrLimpet

OMG! Not another fire!!!

Someone please bring the marshmellows and weenies

top topics

join