It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mega megaliths

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Newly Found Megalithic Ruins In Russia Contain The Largest Blocks Of Stone Ever Discovered
thetruthwins.com...
edit on 11-3-2014 by allthings2allmen because: (no reason given)

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2014
Super Megaliths
I subscribe to a couple of Russian Blogs and Websites that post various data and information without the typical hype and filters of Western Science, Academia and the Press, let alone the fringe and "Alien" woo-woo crowd interests. The following are photos of some Super Megaliths from Southern Siberia near the mountains of Gornaya Shoria. The following material is from the website of Valery Uvarov.

The super megaliths were found and photographed for the first time by Georgy Sidorov on a recent expedition to the Southern Siberian mountains. The following images are from Valery Uvarov's Russian website.

There are no measurements given, but from the scale depicted by the human figures, these megaliths are much larger (as much as 2 to 3 times larger) than the largest known megaliths in the world. (Example: The Pregnant Woman Stone of Baalbek, Lebanon weighs in at approximately 1,260 ton). Some of these megaliths could easily weigh upwards of 3,000 to 4,000 tons.

There is little commentary on Valery's site, so the image are displayed here without much comments, other than my own limited observations.

These megaliths reach well back into the mists of pre-history, so far in fact, that conjecture about their 'builders', methods, purpose and meaning is pure speculation, and as such, I would hesitate to offer any observation at all, other than to say our pre-historical past is richer than we ever dreamed.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by allthings2allmen

Much better dude

Amazing to think before history people took so much effort to put these up, why? I guess we can only guess.
S&F dude

edit on 11-3-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I will as soon as I figure out how. I got these from Philip. On the job now.

MUPLUS+ Join Plus+ and get exclusive shows and extensions! Subscribe Today! LEARN MORE Plus+LOGIN

Close
Mysterious Universe
HomePodcastsPlus+AppStoreContact UsFAQDashboard

Super-megalithic Site Found in Russia: Natural or Man-made?

23 Comments February 28, 2014 Martin Clemens

Alternate history buffs are about to be whipped into a frenzy! OK, maybe not, but they will find this interesting.
An ancient “super-megalithic” site has been found in the Siberian Mountains. Found recently in Gornaya Shoria (Mount Shoria) in southern Siberia, this site consists of huge blocks of stone, which appear to be granite, with flat surfaces, right angles, and sharp corners. The blocks appear to be stacked, almost in the manner of cyclopean masonry, and well…they’re enormous!
Russia is no stranger to ancient megalithic sites, like Arkaim or Russia’s Stonehenge, and the Manpupuner formation, just to name two, but the site at Shoria is unique in that, if it’s man-made, the blocks used are undoubtedly the largest ever worked by human hands.

Here’s the story, as reported by archaeologist John Jensen via his personal blog and Academia.edu:
“I subscribe to a couple of Russian Blogs and Websites that post various data and information without the typical hype and filters of Western Science, Academia and the Press, let alone the fringe and “Alien” woo-woo crowd interests. The following are photos of some Super Megaliths from Southern Siberia near the mountains of Gornaya Shoria.
The super megaliths were found and photographed for the first time by Georgy Sidorov on a recent expedition to the Southern Siberian mountains. The following images are from Valery Uvarov’s Russian website.
There are no measurements given, but from the scale depicted by the human figures, these megaliths are much larger (as much as 2 to 3 times larger) than the largest known megaliths in the world. (Example: The Pregnant Woman Stone of Baalbek, Lebanon weighs in at approximately 1,260 ton). Some of these megaliths could easily weigh upwards of 3,000 to 4,000 tons.
There is little commentary on Valery’s site, so the images are displayed here without much comments, other than my own limited observations.”
As Jensen pointed out, the monolith at Baalbek is considered to be one of the largest single stones used in an ancient megalithic site, but the blocks or stones at Shoria are much, much larger.
You may recognize the name Valery Uvarov, but if you don’t, it should be known that he is Russia’s foremost UFOlogist and a long-time proponent of various alternate history theories. He was involved, as a primary player, in the Russian Screws scenario, some of the details of which are specious. His website is a veritable mountain of questionable but compelling claims about ancient civilizations, alternate explanations for megalithic constructions, and OOPART speculation.

It turns out that Georgv Sidorov is also a proponent of unconventional theories regarding humanity’s past. This doesn’t necessarily warrant discounting the entire story, but it is important to understand that both men are known for seeking out evidence in support of their belief systems, as we all are wont to do to some degree.
At the release of this story, some are excitedly claiming that the Shoria site is evidence of an ancient lost civilization; a civilization capable of incredible feats of engineering that even with our modern technology would be virtually impossible. Others though are wisely urging caution. The pictures are compelling, and the typical observer would be hard pressed to come up with a natural explanation, but there may be one.
In 1987 a group of recreational scuba divers stumbled onto another apparent super-megalithic site in Japan. The Yonaguni Monument, which sits off the coast of Yonaguni, which is the southern-most island of the Ryukyu Island chain, is considered by some to be the most compelling evidence for a lost civilization in our past. Others are less convinced, however.
Boston University geologist Robert Schoch believes that the features of Yonaguni are the result of natural geological processes. He cites well-defined parallel bedding planes and earthquake activity, and since there are similar formations in the region that are known to be completely natural, this seems a safe bet.

The Shoria site, however, isn’t in an area that’s prone to frequent earthquakes, and the stone involved is much harder than the sandstone of Yonaguni, but our weird world is known to have created some startling rock formations that defy explanation. The Giants Causeway of Northern Ireland and The Waffle Rock of West Virginia come to mind. Both of those sites are now known to have been completely natural, but when viewed from the perspective of the layman, it seems incredible to think that they aren’t artificial constructions.
In any event, the site at Shoria has yet to be studied by experts in the field, all we have at the moment are the pictures, which in-an-of-themselves are quite impressive, but hardly conclusive. Future investigation should prove interesting.
Be sure to check out all of the pictures provided by Jensen!
TAGS: alternate history, John Jensen, Russia, super-megalithic, Valery Uvarov, waffle rock
Related Articles

Still trying to post the pictures. I sent a link but it doesn't post as a link.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
do you have a map of the region where they are situated in Siberia AND WHY DID THE LAST THREAD GET A 404 ??

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Hi allthings2allmen
Sorry the last thread was canned (404'd).

Great Find!
In reading the 'investmentwatchblog.com' piece, and the 'earthepochs.blogspot.com' piece - I was wondering what led the team to this location...
Have you seen or read (did I overlook) that information?

Thanks again. Hope this gains some momentum.

edit on 3/11/2014 by WanDash because: You know... Itchy trigger finger and all.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Much obliged. When I went to primary school we did not have pencil or paper. We only had a little black board with a string with a sponge which we dipped in the school fountain. The school provided the chalk. My computer skills are dismal.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I too found this quite intriguing, here is my ATS post: Have Russians Discovered Ancient 'Super-Megalithic' Architecture in Siberia?

Enjoy! (:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Some good links in Alaskandads thread from Blackmarketeer.

They are natural formations, as many ATSers had suspected.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Already posted. (With more pics). It is an awesome find.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I remember going on a roadtrip thru Yellowstone as a kid & looking up at those majestic mountains & thinking to myself wow that looks like a pyramid covered in trees & dirt. As I intently peered into the ancient wilderness with awe I saw many shapes that looked like man made shapes covered in the dense foliage.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

allthings2allmen

I subscribe to a couple of Russian Blogs and Websites that post various data and information without the typical hype and filters of Western Science, Academia ...

Hello.

The rock formations look natural, not megalithic.
The process is not dissimilar the process that made the checkerboard mesa in Zion National Park:

Natural Formations ... because Geology.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by KonstantinaValentina

Except the fact that the stones in Russia have gaps in between them, and have been stacked....but I am sure erosion can do that to rocks, you know, move them and cut them and stuff...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

KonstantinaValentina
...The rock formations look natural, not megalithic.
The process is not dissimilar the process that made the checkerboard mesa in Zion National Park:

Natural Formations ... because Geology.

Hi, KonstantinaValentina
Great work on your new job!
BTW - how did you verify that the 'process that made the checkerboard mesa...' was...a natural formation of...Geology?
And, likewise - how did you verify that the 'process you are referring to'...is the same...in the subject matter of this thread?
Just...asking.
Thanks for the contribution.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
nice post
chalk up yet another weird russian structure..
the mountain thing (pic above) sure does look like it could be something
but that pic looks like similar formations near beaches(etc)?
where people do rock fishing from

i didn't follow you link, so i don't know if that pic above is the russian thing or the mt. zion thing..
a pic in the topic here would have been USEFUL

thanks for posting

edit on 12-3-2014 by UNIT76 because: dah

uhh, ok.. the pics below have snuck past me (apparently while yakking here)
well these are great pics. (thanks)

they look man-made to me
(thanks again!)

edit on 12-3-2014 by UNIT76 because: nyet

the motherstone at baalbek still looks bigger
edit on 12-3-2014 by UNIT76 because: vodka

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

These are some pics of the stones found in Russia upwards of 4000 tons, 10 times larger than
the largest stone found in the Haram esh-Sharif.

edit on 12-3-2014 by PhilWhaley71 because: +

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
These do not look like the product of any erosion process I have ever seen. I have seen Baalbek in Lebanon and it is more like that. The guys that built these must have been ten meter tall giants but still there must have been some anti gravity at work here. I notice that there were magnetic anomalies there . Maybe people in those days had a way to use the magnetic forces of the earth to assist them. I think there is a selection process when a boulder is selected for a certain configuration to save on labor but the transportation is beyond modern technology. We could not replicate this today.
edit on 12-3-2014 by allthings2allmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

PhilWhaley71

These are some pics of the stones found in Russia upwards of 4000 tons, 10 times larger than
the largest stone found in the Haram esh-Sharif.

edit on 12-3-2014 by PhilWhaley71 because: +
thank you for posting these as the above statement by constantinavalentina Was that they looked natural ,those sure don't look like natural formations to me,they were obviously cut and placed.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I most definitely agree with you ,the moment I saw the images this morning I too was instantly reminded of the blocks at Baalbek and the way in which the stones are cut and stacked in the same long rectangular shape and the style in which they are stacked looks just like Baalbek ,I was hoping someone would make a thread about this thanks .

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
You just contributed to the thread thank you non conformist. I agree we should not conform to what is expected of us. Heck I think we surprise the hell out of each other.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

how old is this site again?

seems like the rocks get smaller the more recent they are.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join