It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Human remains found near future Honolulu rail station

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Ancient human remains found near future Honolulu rail station

Workers conducting an additional archaeological survey along the Honolulu rail route discovered a set of human skeletal remains last month near the site of the future Chinatown station, according to a monthly report by the Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation.

In its monthly status update report, HART said that survey work that began on Feb. 9 revealed the ancient human remains.
After the remains were discovered, HART contacted the state Historic Preservation Division and the Oahu Burial Council. The decision was made to leave the remains in place, the document said.

Since this is a new find there isn't much about the age nor lineage yet. Hopefully they'll conduct a thorough investigation, I'll try to update you when those result come in.

Always cool to hear about new finds.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Good find as always Mr. Slayer. S&F. Out of curiosity, what is the mainstream time frame of humans living on Hawaii? I ask because I'm interested to see if this find could throw the mainstream account into doubt.
edit on 11-3-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

According to this site...

linky here

Polynesian era

1-600 AD
Most archaeologists agree the first Polynesian settlers arrive sometime during these years. They settle on the windward sides of the major islands where reliable water sources are available for farming.

1000s-1300s
Hawaiian settlements spread to the leeward sides of the islands with shelters and farms in the lower valleys. Cultivated dryland gardens grow on the dry edges of the floodplains.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Leave the remains in place huh? Probably like the remains they found while building the new Target Store, which were "left in place" also. But they were actually put in cardboard boxes and moved 20 feet away, stored under an overpass, where they stayed for months despite protests by family members over their loved ones graves being desecrated.

Development comes first in Hawaii, always. They have been desecrating graves forever in Hawaii, and the rail is just the latest.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

Never heard of that one. Could you provide us a link to the story please. Specifically the one you referenced cardboard.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Alright thanks. Now we wait to see when these remains are dated. If they are older than 1400 years old, then we have a good conspiracy. If not, well it's still a good find and can tell us more about the people from that dead person's time.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Krazysh0t

Alright thanks. Now we wait to see when these remains are dated. If they are older than 1400 years old, then we have a good conspiracy. If not, well it's still a good find and can tell us more about the people from that dead person's time.

When I lived there, I read something about an aboriginal people with unknown origins who predated the Polynesians in the Hawaiian Islands. This was 20 years ago though and I cannot recall the details.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

I wouldn't be surprised. I have to say, i am not clued up on Ocean currents in that part of the world but one thing is for sure, the Ocean wasn't the barrier that people always assume for "ancient" cultures. In point of fact, the Oceans are a fantastic "superhighway" for travelling around the planet. Currents take you to all the land masses you need, often only over a short period of time (weeks rather than months).

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Flavian
reply to post by NavyDoc

I wouldn't be surprised. I have to say, i am not clued up on Ocean currents in that part of the world but one thing is for sure, the Ocean wasn't the barrier that people always assume for "ancient" cultures. In point of fact, the Oceans are a fantastic "superhighway" for travelling around the planet. Currents take you to all the land masses you need, often only over a short period of time (weeks rather than months).

That's the thing about the settling of Hawaii, it was settled first. If your coming from "Polynesia"
It's at the end of the road. So how is it that the last island was the first island settled.
Getting to Hawaii and Easter islands taxed the sailing skills of the Polynesians.
But the currents will take take you from the nw coast of NA right to Hawaii. And the oldest sign of human presence on the islands is on the ne coast of one of the islands, can't remember which.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Sorry it was a Wal-Mart not Target.

the.honoluluadvertiser.com...

The 62 sets of remains have been in temporary storage in a remote site of the complex since 2005, pending the outcome of a quasi-judicial proceeding looking into charges that archaeologists working on the site tampered with the iwi. The State Historic Preservation Division recommended that the Board of Land and Natural Resources fine the two archaeological firms and their employees $210,000 as a result of their actions on the construction site.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
SnF, Slayer! This is another add to your library of great threads.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Kauai is 5.1 million years old Oahu is 3 million years old Molokai is 3.1 million years old Maui is 1.32 million years old The Big Island of Hawaii is about 400,000 years old.

I was curious as I thought the Hawaiian Islands were formed more recently. This brings to mind the question of what ancient archaeological sites may be lurking under the water.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

AlaskanDad

Kauai is 5.1 million years old Oahu is 3 million years old Molokai is 3.1 million years old Maui is 1.32 million years old The Big Island of Hawaii is about 400,000 years old.

I was curious as I thought the Hawaiian Islands were formed more recently. This brings to mind the question of what ancient archaeological sites may be lurking under the water.

Since humans came to Hawaii after sea levels reached modern levels ,I doubt there would be anything to find.
edit on 11-3-2014 by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2014 by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

I appreciate the time you took to find that for us. That is a pretty interesting case albeit a bit convoluted.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

NavyDoc
When I lived there, I read something about an aboriginal people with unknown origins who predated the Polynesians in the Hawaiian Islands. This was 20 years ago though and I cannot recall the details.

Was it along these lines?

Some writers claim that other settlers in Hawaiʻi were forced back into remote valleys by newer arrivals. They claim that stories about menehune, little people who built heiau and fishponds, prove the existence of ancient peoples who settled the islands before the Hawaiians.[5] Luomala, in her 1951 essay on the menehune, argues that these stories, like stories of "dog people" with tails living in deep forests, are folklore and not evidence of an earlier race. Archaeologists have found no evidence suggesting earlier settlements and menehune legends are not mentioned in current archaeological literature.

Source

Harte

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Built by menehune in a single night:

Crop circles...pffft. The Hawaiian little people were awesome and worked for one shrimp each.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

ZeroReady

Leave the remains in place huh? Probably like the remains they found while building the new Target Store, which were "left in place" also. But they were actually put in cardboard boxes and moved 20 feet away, stored under an overpass, where they stayed for months despite protests by family members over their loved ones graves being desecrated.

Development comes first in Hawaii, always. They have been desecrating graves forever in Hawaii, and the rail is just the latest.
Does NAGPRA not come into play in Hawaii or is that restricted to mainland 'Native Americans'?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

punkinworks10

Since humans came to Hawaii after sea levels reached modern levels ,I doubt there would be anything to fin

I had your reply in mind when I wrote my intro to this post.

While you can state that but then at one time science thought the earth was flat, and leeches drained the bad blood that ailed people to name a few things that changed. I may be naive in thinking there is a possibility of older remains under the ocean near Hawaii but your stating it is not possible is something of a different nature.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
The na iwi were probably not of any prominent person. The old ali'is were buried in caves or mountains, high above sea level, and where most wouldn't travel. The modern day ali'is are buried at the Royal Mausoleum.

join