It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Man Could Sue Divers Who Saved Him From Submerged Car

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

ZonedOut
Was due care and process followed?

If NOT, then he DOES have a case!

Because that's the first thing that you'd think about after getting your fat ass dragged out of a submerged car?
Due care and process.

I give up! The world has gone mad. And it's morons like you, agreeing with stupid lawsuits like this that are doing my head in right now!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

ZonedOut
Was due care and process followed?
If NOT, then he DOES have a case!

If you have ever been a diver you'll understand that is rushing, muddy, stirred up, water that there is zero visibility. They most likely could not have seen him in there anyway. What he has to prove though is that the divers acted in some negligent way that directly resulted in his injuries, and I DON'T see that happening. He might have a case against the city if it was not posted that it was a flood zone, that the road was not closed, or that there were no announcements/indications as to what he was driving into. I believe that a lot of the western “flood prone” roads have it posted, and there are laws in some states against trying to cross them.

What he is doing is suing everyone in the hopes that they just settle rather than go through the expense of fighting it. This is the kind of lawsuits that hurt us all, and drives up the cost of liability insurance.

<< 1   >>

join