It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are the cellphones of missing Malaysian Airlines passengers still ringing?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

They wouldn't want the bad guys or the public knowing the full extent of their tracking capacity.

Umm.. huh? After Snowden and the subsequent calls for some of that in open courtrooms to know just what was being asked for...and hence...existed TO ask for...I don't think there is anything much mysterious about the fact they can track, activate and manipulate a good % of the phones sold in the world today, from remote and on command.

I'm just really curious why that isn't workable this time? Of course..if they were hijacked, ringing phones make no sense anyway. Unless we're dealing with the Beavis and Butthead of hijackers, the FIRST thing would have been to take control of all electronic devices that could be used to call in help or rescue from the outside.

They could be ringing in a stuff sack in a backroom, I suppose..but it still doesn't track unless it's just the pillar example of Dumb we'd be dealing with here ...which ALSO doesn't track to the rest of what we know has happened...IF it didn't crash.

A mystery, to be sure. Deepening. (By the way..I'm not assuming anything, least of which some nefarious villain character from a Government somewhere.. we'll see as things progress, I suppose.)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

oh wow I just mentioned this fact in another thread.

terrorist group me thinks...

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
What about ADS-B
The primary technology that is used to receive flight information is called automatic dependent surveillance-broadcast (ADS-B)
www.flightradar24.com...
Forget cell hones, was this ADS-B system running
Could an amateur be sitting on relavent data without even realising ???

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Bassago
Don't some cell phones have GPS activated by default?

You'd think someone could locate the phones via the carriers or something.

GPS allows a smartphone to find out its own location. Depending on the applications installed, the phone can maintain a log of where it has been, and even upload this log to a server for viewing. Apple smartphones allow owners to recover phones when they have been stolen. I'm surprised no-one has tried this.

I've got the feeling that it's going to be too politically sensitive to use this information. Either it won't go with the "official story" or would upset relations with other countries.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

stormcell

Bassago

GPS allows a smartphone to find out its own location. Depending on the applications installed, the phone can maintain a log of where it has been, and even upload this log to a server for viewing. Apple smartphones allow owners to recover phones when they have been stolen. I'm surprised no-one has tried this.

I've got the feeling that it's going to be too politically sensitive to use this information. Either it won't go with the "official story" or would upset relations with other countries.

The odds of a phone being turned on (disobediant passenger) and a gps lock inside a plane AND a data connection ???
And then accessing that data by finding and linking an owner on the plane ?
p.s.
Don't hi-jackers usually want publicity?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Esarman

stormcell

Bassago

The odds of a phone being turned on (disobediant passenger) and a gps lock inside a plane AND a data connection ???
And then accessing that data by finding and linking an owner on the plane ?
p.s.
Don't hi-jackers usually want publicity?
They normally want loads of publicity ,unless they want the plane for another purpose of course . Then whomever's got it won't want any ,or the passenger .

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I haven't read the first three pages...sorry, no time, but I've been following this story since the beginning. Crazy mystery indeed.
I've read a variety of sites - the last one I read said the phones are no longer ringing - ?? IDK if that's confirmed.
As usual, I'm sure we're not hearing the whole story. I feel it's been hijacked. I really hope the passengers are still alive and for some reason I feel they are.
For the passengers/crew's families and friends, I hope the answers come soon.

I did read one post about a Bevis and Butthead hijacker taking all devices immediately when the action began. I think that's what happened.
Also.... all cell phone services work differently when it comes to ringing or not ringing, going straight to VM, etc... whatever the case is. Nothing can be based on the phones.....

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I wonder if any of the phones are an iPhone with the find iphone app that I have on mine and my ipad. If so the users other ipad device if left at home could possibly track it.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Misinformation
reply to post by Drezden

after 911 ,,the airlines installed periscopic cell phone antennas on all planes ,incase passengers wanted to make cellphone calls from the bottom of the sea.

im not even sure thats misinfo, anymo!

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I don't know... I still wonder if this was a nuclear terrorist attack gone wrong. That would explain the plane vanishing and lack of debris -- the entire thing would have vaporized in one instantaneous blinding flash. Maybe the bomb was meant to go off on the ground in Beijing.

As for the Malaysian military radar info, ehh, a little late to the party and it smacks of deflection.

The phones ringing? No idea. Could be a combination of system glitches, phones that never made it on the plane, and wishful thinking.

Whatever the explanation, I think this one is going to turn out truly weird, my friends.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
www.fashiontimes.com...

When the petitioners were unsatisfied with Malaysia Airlines' response, they angrily threw water bottles at the MAS spokesman, vowing to stage a protest if they don't get answers soon.
If the phones were, indeed, ringing and reachable, then it may rule out the possibility of a crash or explosion.
Could the plane still be intact? Could the passengers and crew still be alive?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

SBMcG
I don't know... I still wonder if this was a nuclear terrorist attack gone wrong. That would explain the plane vanishing and lack of debris -- the entire thing would have vaporized in one instantaneous blinding flash. Maybe the bomb was meant to go off on the ground in Beijing.

As for the Malaysian military radar info, ehh, a little late to the party and it smacks of deflection.

The phones ringing? No idea. Could be a combination of system glitches, phones that never made it on the plane, and wishful thinking.

Whatever the explanation, I think this one is going to turn out truly weird, my friends.

If it was nuclear, wouldn't a satellite have detected it.(there's always somebody watching)
p.s.
Have any nut jobs claimed responsability yet ?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Cell phone will continue to ring, sometimes. I have a cellphone that is smashed to death and i called it until my new phone was delivered. It rang several times then goes to email. I don't know if they would ring underwater. I do believe the aircraft landed in East Timor or Points Nefarious. Phones rang in the pile of the WTC for days. I think the plane is on the ground, not in the water. The condition that its in..thats up to speculation. A nice SR-71 out of Cadena would be nice right now, but we retired those. A U-2 could also launch from…oh wait Obama wants to retire those too. HMMM

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Cell phone will continue to ring, sometimes. I have a cellphone that is smashed to death and i called it until my new phone was delivered. It rang several times then goes to email. I don't know if they would ring underwater. I do believe the aircraft landed in East Timor or Points Nefarious. Phones rang in the pile of the WTC for days. I think the plane is on the ground, not in the water. The condition that its in..thats up to speculation. A nice SR-71 out of Cadena would be nice right now, but we retired those. A U-2 could also launch from…oh wait Obama wants to retire those too. HMMM

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Esarman
What about ADS-B
The primary technology that is used to receive flight information is called automatic dependent surveillance-broadcast (ADS-B)
www.flightradar24.com...
Forget cell hones, was this ADS-B system running
Could an amateur be sitting on relavent data without even realising ???

FR24 have already turned over their data.

The total failure of ADSB and apparently almost everything else electrical now speaks to a total electrical failure - which is quite an amazing scenario to consider for those of us involved in aircraft engineering.

the new information sounds to me like the aforementioned total electrical failure, followed by deployment of the RAT (Ram Air Turbine) to power minimal flight controls, then trying to navigate back to somewhere they can land, and "losing it" at some point.

sheer speculation of course.....

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Apple, Google, numerous apps that allow remote location services could find them, if indeed these phones are legitimately "online". This is a fairly rudimentary thing to do a child can basicaly set that up.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Justaposter

That Air France flight out of Brazil several years ago had no distress call. The flight crew fought to control the plane for over 4 minutes and didn't have time before the aircraft started to breakup. My question is if a 777 broke up at FL 36000, there would be numorous radar returns on primary radar...thats if anyone was watching the radar at the time which i doubt considering there was no reason to monitor the flight.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

the'll find them using the NSA's tracking software they pirated!

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

I have had friends swear I am online on Skype when I know for a fact I was not. I'm thinking a tech error on that one.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Esarman

SBMcG

If it was nuclear, wouldn't a satellite have detected it.(there's always somebody watching)
p.s.
Have any nut jobs claimed responsability yet ?

Yeah, I would think so. But maybe that's why they're dragging this out so they don't freak the public out. Or maybe they're trying to track down the source of the fissile material. Honestly -- if they can't find any parts of a giant aircraft, I don't know what the hell else could have happened to it..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join