It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea has secret pirate radio repeaters inside the USA!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Starsandstripes
Now i feel double dumb... for posting something that is not a big deal..

How else will you learn? SWL is a big fun world. You might find yourself even building your own equipment. That's part of what perverted my life so badly.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Bedlam

Starsandstripes
reply to post by Bedlam

Wow cool.. I think i am going to buy one like the guy in the video had..
I would love to listen to radio from all over the world...
edit on 10-3-2014 by Starsandstripes because: (no reason given)

It's a hobby that will leave you broke if you really get into it. Enjoy!

I will loose all my looneys and go loony tuneys?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Bedlam

Starsandstripes

How else will you learn? SWL is a big fun world. You might find yourself even building your own equipment. That's part of what perverted my life so badly.

The guy in the video made it sound soooo inportent...
So it freaked me out..

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

he is like sooo happy

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
William Cooper used to have his show broadcasted on random days pirate style. I used to tune in when he was still alive when I could find him, but it was at random. I knew who Bill Cooper was at the time but I did not know it was his show on the radio and it was him that I was actually listening to. It was until a few years after he passed that I put two and two together.

I am no ham expert but I don't think it would be far fetched that somebody with long range equipment could be broadcasting over radio frequencies if they had the right equipment. However, what I gathered from the video, ( I will probably be called out for this to show my ignorance) but the frequency was 120 which is a fm radio frequency none the less but not one carried by standard am/fm radios. So I find that radio interesting if nothing else.

Now all that said, it really made me think of Red Dawn and that was just the music, not the remake the original. It also made me think what it must have been like growing up during the days of Stalin, the music again.

I guess the fruit doesn't fall from the tree.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Starsandstripes

I took the time to watch the whole video.

thanks for posting
edit on 10-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It says its 12014 khz?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I thought it was showing 120.14. This is where my ignorance shows, but do a google on ham radio band widths and know the legal differences between am, fm, cb, family radio and other frequencies is you are curious.

FM bands generally go higher than 108 but are not available on standard radios.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

I.D.K... Its very odd..

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Starsandstripes

My rule...

It's never dumb if posted with honest intentions.

Just because some of us are aware of the topic...so what? You brought an issue to the forefront that many are not aware of.

Peace

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Odd perhaps. But my point was that ham radio can pick up broadcasts from all over the world given the right equipment. That said with the right equipment it would also be very easy to rebroadcast, though probably not legal over an fm band.

And no you shouldn't feel stupid for posting this thread. Ham radio is a very complex world to navigate and most people don't know much about it or anything at all, like me for instance.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

jude11

Starsandstripes

My rule...

It's never dumb if posted with honest intentions.

Just because some of us are aware of the topic...so what? You brought an issue to the forefront that many are not aware of.

Peace

Well.. who knows.. better to wast your time then not... It would suck to see something good and not post it thinking it was crap

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

I wish i knew the back story to what and why the video was made...

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Well like you it probably raised a red flag or concern.

But to me I think he had an interesting radio.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

txinfidel

Well like you it probably raised a red flag or concern.

But to me I think he had an interesting radio.

It looked small..

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

It looked small..

Thats what she said. Well, hopefully not.

But what I was getting after is that that is quite a unique fm radio if it does indeed receive that frequency. 120.14 you obviously couldn't tune that in with your standard fm radio so that radio is quite a gem.

Anyhow its possible, though probably not legal to retransmit over such a frequency.

Ham radio is populated off of repeaters and now days satellites. For instance during certain times of the day or night may be favorable for wider frequencies to bounce off a satellite and the transmission might be heard anywhere in the world for those who have the right equipment.

In this case, somebody with the right equipment could have retransmit this over a fm band. But if it was on 120.14 that is interesting in itself. And the fact that this radio received an fm frequency of 120.14 since most standard fm radios only go to 108.
edit on 10-3-2014 by txinfidel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I'm almost positive that starsandstripes was spoofing conspiracy theorists by posting this thread. I can't be sure, however. I guess if we asked him outright, he would say that he was spoofing, whether he was or wasn't. There's no way to know.
edit on bTue, 11 Mar 2014 00:00:45 -0500am69America/Chicago3amTuesday11America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

txinfidel

I thought it was showing 120.14. This is where my ignorance shows, but do a google on ham radio band widths and know the legal differences between am, fm, cb, family radio and other frequencies is you are curious.

12015 kHz is Voice is Korea out of Kujang with 200kW of output. So he's tuning in bone stock VOK, no repeater needed.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Bedlam

txinfidel

12015 kHz is Voice is Korea out of Kujang with 200kW of output. So he's tuning in bone stock VOK, no repeater needed.

Wow.. Then they must have a powerful radio tower!

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
From what I understand, there's little need for repeaters. I was directed to this after asking on an online shortwave listening site why Russian's numbers station, The Buzzer can't be heard during a certain time of day:

Propagation characteristics

Shortwave radio frequency energy is capable of reaching any location on the Earth as it is influenced by ionospheric reflection back to the earth by the ionosphere, (a phenomenon known as "skywave propagation"). A typical phenomenon of shortwave propagation is the occurrence of a skip zone (see first figure on that page) where reception fails. With a fixed working frequency, large changes in ionospheric conditions may create skip zones at night.

As a result of the multi-layer structure of the ionosphere, propagation often simultaneously occurs on different paths, scattered by the E or F region and with different numbers of hops, a phenomenon that may be disturbed for certain techniques. Particularly for lower frequencies of the shortwave band, absorption of radio frequency energy in the lowest ionospheric layer, the D layer, may impose a serious limit. This is due to collisions of electrons with neutral molecules, absorbing some of a radio frequency's energy and converting it to heat.[15] Predictions of skywave propagation depend on:

The distance from the transmitter to the target receiver.
Time of day. During the day, frequencies higher than approximately 12 MHz can travel longer distances than lower ones. At night, this property is reversed.
With lower frequencies the dependence on the time of the day is mainly due to the lowest ionospheric layer, the D Layer, forming only during the day when photons from the sun break up atoms into ions and free electrons.
Season. During the winter months of the Northern or Southern hemispheres, the AM/MW broadcast band tends to be more favorable because of longer hours of darkness.
Solar flares produce a large increase in D region ionization so high, sometimes for periods of several minutes, all skywave propagation is nonexistent.

Shortwave radio page on Wikipedia

This is that site I mentioned above. Go there, and play around with it. That receiver in the Netherlands can hear stuff from all over the planet, and a huge number of stations are marked on the waterfall after being identified. You'd be surprised at how far some countries are from it. There's also a chatbox at the bottom of the page, don't be afraid to ask questions if you need something clarified or explained

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join