It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Lanza’s father speaks out: He’d have killed me too

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
My thoughts on why the father finally spoke.. to ease his own guilt. Plain and simple.

One of the things I have always wondered about this, is exactly where was Adam's father at? Why wasn't he there? Why no contact.

Most of these things in my mind, point to a father who couldn't handle Adam's illness. I get that having a child with issues is rough and stressfull and can kill even the strongest of marriages. But it just seemed like he just up and walked away. It was quite disturbing IMO that he kept referring Adam as a 'weird kid'. And I see it distrubed a lot here as well.

Even with the most horrific crimes, the parents usually say something along the lines of "they were such a sweet kid" or very loving when yonger. Something parental at least.. I am very bothered by the fathers lack of anything like this. Which brings me back to the self serving point. This is simply something to cover his own ass, and a very lame attempt to show he wasn't a 'bad parent'. IMO he failed, and failed big time. Even if he would have said something along the lines of 'I simply do not know where it all went horribly wrong' would have been more acceptable IMO. But instead he didn't, he said he wished he had never been born. That is an 'inside your own head' kind of statement. It speaks volumes about the father.

When a parent (usually a Mother, and yes, some fathers too) has a child with Aspergers or autism, and one parent is the sole caretaker. There are no breaks, no 'weekend off' no time off there is no 'me time'. No downtime at all. Bringing in someone else can offset the balance and really disrupt things. It is very easy for absentee parents to monday morning quarterback and say he needed this, or that treatment or even to say 'things aren't that bad'..

And the Mother getting the entire public flogging.. I just hope people at least thought "where in the hell was his father?" thought.

I know this seems like an Adam sympathising thread, it truly isn't. I just don't buy the line of bull# his father is now telling.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

~Lucidity
reply to post by Malynn

CNN's story about the interview has a video commentary, a whole sidebar of stories about Newton, and a link to the official report released in December.

www.cnn.com...

The reporter at the end of the video clip says the father says that he plans to make no other statements about the interview and he never intends to speak about it on camera.

This statement from the interview is pretty disturbing too: "The reason he shot Nancy four times was one for each of us: one for Nancy; one for him; one for (his brother) Ryan; one for me," he said.

He seems to be placing himself into Adam's head at the time of the crime ins some weird way.

edit on 3/11/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

Hi all:

I am new to ATS and I am still learning the ropes...hope I am responding correctly. The level of thought, maturity and writing skills displayed from the group of "seekers" on this site, opposed to others I have visited, is certainly refreshing and quite a fun find!

Having watched the above on CNN, I was also struck by the oddness of Peter Lanza injecting himself into the mind of his son at the time of Nancy's murder. It almost appears that it was more of a therapeutic session for Peter then a journalistic interview.

My question is with planes disappearing in mid-air and World crisis all around us...why the reopening of SH with this particular man and why now?

Thanks for having me. Great site.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Missmissie173
...Hi all:

I am new to ATS and I am still learning the ropes...hope I am responding correctly. The level of thought, maturity and writing skills displayed from the group of "seekers" on this site, opposed to others I have visited, is certainly refreshing and quite a fun find!

Having watched the above on CNN, I was also struck by the oddness of Peter Lanza injecting himself into the mind of his son at the time of Nancy's murder. It almost appears that it was more of a therapeutic session for Peter then a journalistic interview.

My question is with planes disappearing in mid-air and World crisis all around us...why the reopening of SH with this particular man and why now?

Thanks for having me. Great site.

Nice to meet you, too, Missmissie173
If, as has been conjectured, the 'interview/s' came about as we were told - you are probably correct - this was some kind of attempt at therapy/release for Peter Lanza.
As to 'why' SH and Peter Lanza, now, amid the troubling chaos that surrounds - - - when is the chaos not swirling?
If it isn't on a swirl from 'natural' disasters, mankind (generally in the guise of one or more governments) will do whatever it takes to...get a swirl going.
Many here (myself included) have not been satisfied with the answers we've been told to accept, regarding "what happened", "how" and "why".
May just be that this is a crazy story no-one will ever understand...but, lingering questions tend to produce festering sores, if not tended - and, we (speaking for myself, as if I spoke for more) hope to be able to put those questions to rest, someday.
So - each time a bit more information comes forth - we scour it with fine toothed combs, exploring every nuance from every angle we can imagine...with the hope of finding answers.

Again - I'm speaking for myself...in that response... So - if others have a different take, please excuse the interruption.

edit on 3/11/2014 by WanDash because: distinguishing

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
From what I can tell the father is a POS, and most likely received a hefty check for his interview after all this time.

He knew Adam had problems and did nothing, in fact it seems he pretty much had nothing to do with his son at all the last few years. For a father to say that he "wishes his son would never have been born" instead of saying "I wish I could go back and do more for him" makes me sick. What a piss poor excuse for a dad.

As a parent I could never wish for my child to have never been born at all no matter what they did, but I would wonder what I could have done to change things. He should take into account that his son never received the help he so desperately needed and had he received it he would likely be alive along with 26 other souls now lost.

This guy should hang himself, he had the power early on to change the course and he chose to walk away from his son instead, what a bastard.

edit on 11-3-2014 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Missmissie173

Welcome to the site
It is a great find and I hope you like it enough to stay.

And yes...that was the very question I had. Why now? And why such a very strange interview. This man was not really part of the story, and all he can really comment on is his family life (what there was of it) before he left. Yet somehow he keeps injecting himself into the narrative. I can't shake this gut feeling that he knew about or maybe even caused this and now is having some sort of psychological break.

i]reply to post by Justaposter

That could be a big part of the weirdness. Guilt for so many things, not the least being not being there with his family in the end.

edit on 3/11/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Seems that there should be security tape, doesn't there?

I don't know where it is. I'm still not past them pulling the "murder weapon" out of a trunk in the dark.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Thanks for the welcome WanDash.

ITA with your comments regarding the chaos that surrounds us in the World today...and yes, with the chaotic pace of events that swirl around us all on a daily basis, when is it a good time to question, if not now?

As I attempt my escape from good ol' Corporate America - not quite there yet, but almost - one year left on my contract and freedom! - I actually have some time to pay attention to the real news beneath the "real news" that bombards us everyday. Hence, my new interest with the Lanza's and SH. I know I am late to the party, but better late then never, right?

Late party-goer that I am, and may have missed it here, but did Mr. Lanza ever take any responsibility for knowing that there were unsecured guns kept in the home where his son was living? Peter must have at least known the guns were there and accessible and that there were plans being made for those guns - why else would he make the broad conjecture that Adam was figuratively killing the entire family when he blew Nancy away?

IMO, that implies planning suspicions aplenty from Peter Lanza.

This interview smells as off as 3 week old milk.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Kurius
reply to post by WanDash

It's all been settled now. Well, apparently, it's not the parents' responsibility to give their kids the proper care and professional help. It's Ron Paul who is probably at fault! (sarcasm)

Peter Lanza just had to mention Adam Lanza was Ron Paul's fan.

Hmmm....now I wonder if the entire "interview" was scripted ...with an added political agenda?

Do we have anyone here on ATS who can double check those later pictures of Adam Lanza (especially the one in this video) with those of the kid when he was younger and see if they've been photoshopped? Because I don't think ANYONE really looks like that. It looks like it's been stretched, with the scrawny neck and the bug eyes, just like those photos of the Aurora guy....

On the other hand, maybe all we need to do is hunt down what particular psychotropic drug does that to people, although the coroner's report was that Adam Lanza had no drugs in his system at the time of the murders, and no Rx's were found at the house for him. (Because if some drug was named, there goes that company's stock prices...and also here comes the lawsuits.)

As far as the 'weird kid' comments the father made; I doubt he made these to Adam personally, although it's pretty apparent from nearly everyone's comments that he was indeed not your run-of-the-mill happy kid. Is anyone anymore? Seems like everyone has their brains taken over by either video games or the teevee and no one plays soccer or baseball or reads a book anymore. Maybe that's just me... my best friend's ex likes to play WoW with his 5 year old son and seems to think this is normal. Am I the only one that thinks this is inappropriate for that age group?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

From what I can tell the father is a POS, and most likely received a hefty check for his interview after all this time.

The father worked for GE, one of the biggest DOD contractors on the planet, and was reported to be paying Nancy Lanza $250K a year in alimony and child support. And some of the websites talking about this subject have posted that he had several aliases.

It's pretty hard to figure out what's true, but as usual, there's an awful lot of weirdness going on with this case.

Meanwhile, how many people did GWB kill? Obama? Who are the real mass murderers? Why is one politics, the other a horror? How much do ex-presidents get paid to do speaking engagements after they spend 4 or 8 years bombing the planet? How come they're treated like elder statesmen and not killers? (Sorry, off topic, sorta)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Missmissie173
reply to post by WanDash

...did Mr. Lanza ever take any responsibility for knowing that there were unsecured guns kept in the home where his son was living? Peter must have at least known the guns were there and accessible and that there were plans being made for those guns - why else would he make the broad conjecture that Adam was figuratively killing the entire family when he blew Nancy away?

IMO, that implies planning suspicions aplenty from Peter Lanza.

This interview smells as off as 3 week old milk.

I didn't see Peter Lanza acting as if he was surprised that guns were there, and available. My take on what he said was - some of their study/research/readings on Asperger's suggested that they invest themselves into whatever interested 'the afflicted' - and, he was apparently interested in guns...as they were - so - Great Family outings and Fun for all... ... ...

As to his statement regarding Adam figuratively killing the whole family - I merely see a Dad who has settled on the worst explanation he could imagine.

I found no reason to suspect that Peter' EVER suspected that Adam' was capable of what transpired. He seemed to rely on literature, psycho-experts and support groups regarding what Asperger's Syndrome does & doesn't mean. And that led him away from any suspicion/s that Adam' would turn violent.

Much of what came from the 'interview' looked (to me) like a part of the whole process of trying to come to terms with the horror that was, at least, genetically...his fault.
Others in this thread do not see that as I do... So - I'm not expecting a chorus of amen's.
Hope you get better answers from other interested parties.
Thanks & Welcome, Again.

edit on 3/11/2014 by WanDash because: as if

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

signalfire
...On the other hand, maybe all we need to do is hunt down what particular psychotropic drug does that to people, although the coroner's report was that Adam Lanza had no drugs in his system at the time of the murders, and no Rx's were found at the house for him. (Because if some drug was named, there goes that company's stock prices...and also here comes the lawsuits.)

As far as the 'weird kid' comments the father made; I doubt he made these to Adam personally, although it's pretty apparent from nearly everyone's comments that he was indeed not your run-of-the-mill happy kid. Is anyone anymore? Seems like everyone has their brains taken over by either video games or the teevee and no one plays soccer or baseball or reads a book anymore. Maybe that's just me... my best friend's ex likes to play WoW with his 5 year old son and seems to think this is normal. Am I the only one that thinks this is inappropriate for that age group?

Good observations and points.
Peter Lanza said that Adam had only been on a 'psychotropic' (or - something prescribed by the Psycho-Analyst or Psychologist or Psychiatrist) once, and within a couple of days, had a terrible reaction to it...and, he never took such prescription meds (for the Asperger's') again.

I think you're probably correct, thinking that he never called Adam' a 'weird kid' to his face... But, there is also the possibility that Adam' called himself that...and even found some (as many nerds do) brotherhood or affiliation in the label - just as they said he seemed to actually 'have a life' with the Tech Club. I could be way off - but - consider it possible.
The dad said & did many things that most on here believe they would never say or do... I hope I never have to face a similar situation, to find out what I would say or do.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Adam Lanza was a mind controlled puppet his programmers were probably his mom and dad

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by redhat1675

If he truly had Asperger's then it's not as simple as that!!!

I don't think people understand the amount of planning that would have to have been done to bring forth such an atrocity if Asperger's is indeed what the Boy suffered from!!!
It would have taken much more than Brainwashing from his Parents!!!
Hell it would have taken a whole CIA department over the course of his entire life, just to Brainwash him into it...
& to see the attack go through???... That's a whole different story altogether!

I don't think his Parents, or anyone else's for that matter, would have been smart enough to do such a thing!!!
Plus there would need to be a Motive!!!

Peace!
edit on 12-3-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

NickDC202
reply to post by Grimpachi

So you're advocating that parents cave into their child's wishes across the board?

Or are you just a fan of a parent who makes the decision to abandon his troubled child at a time when that child and the parent still in the picture need support and help most?

No, you're right we should really throw a parade for parents who abandon their children because their child's mental health issues don't fit into that parents lifestyle...

Some of you talk as if Adams dad could have simply moved at will in Adams life. It is all to common that the reverse is the case after a divorce. And here I see you have included Adams mother on the dads list of neglected victims.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Could someone recommend a good, comprehensive Sandy Hook thread on ATS? I would like to educate myself ...I did a search, but the threads that came up were either very short or closed by a mod. I probably used the wrong keywords.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I believe this was the original...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 3/12/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Browse the LOL section, most of them do get shut down or moved to hoax/LOL so they don't stay long.
The one about the national school safety expert is pretty good..
Me and another user have a good chunk of it with a hell of a sniping match but there is really good stuff in there.
I'll double check the ones I am on and link a couple

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

CharlieSpeirs
reply to post by redhat1675

If he truly had Asperger's then it's not as simple as that!!!

I don't think people understand the amount of planning that would have to have been done to bring forth such an atrocity if Asperger's is indeed what the Boy suffered from!!!
It would have taken much more than Brainwashing from his Parents!!!
Hell it would have taken a whole CIA department over the course of his entire life, just to Brainwash him into it...
& to see the attack go through???... That's a whole different story altogether!

I don't think his Parents, or anyone else's for that matter, would have been smart enough to do such a thing!!!
Plus there would need to be a Motive!!!

Motive? Every gun control advocate in the world has motive to celebrate every mass shooting. You can travel around the internet and watch them milk each and every one of them for all they're worth.

Would most of them participate in a conspiracy to do something this horrendous? No. Almost certainly not. Do they have motive? They have as much motive as a homeless person has to rob someone.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianFlanders

Lanza's parents are Gun fans... I don't think they advocate Gun Control Laws so therefore I don't think they had a motive!!!

The Government did... Maybe... But then I'd be treading muddy waters if I started speculating such a conspiracy...
I think, if I remember rightly, that Sandy Hook is touch & go here at ATS, almost like an unwritten part of the T&C's!

Peace!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join