It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herbs of Utnapisjtim: Plantago Major

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
You know, I haven't gotten around to check out the lucine, isolucine, and valine content of these things. If you consume a lot of plants containing these chemicals without consuming niacin containing plants it could lead to symptoms of palagra or possibly a deficiency of potassium as the potassium is locked in some plants in a PO4 combination. So it may be beneficial to put a few drops of tabasco sauce in with these things. Just something I thought of. I don't know if there is even any research available on this that has been done. They know about Maze having these properties that require a person to have bbq ribs with the corn on the cob
They used to treat maze with crushed limestone before, but most people aren't aware of that. Lime makes the minerals available....I suppose milk can help if you are tolerant to it.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Thanks for great info once again. I love your constructive handling of things herbal. Understanding more of the chemistry involved bring these plants up on a new level, in a way we can document and prove effects of these herbs, stuff like warding off hazards with a tad of tabasco or milk is extremely useful. The Plantae kingdom is one of chemistry including toxins. Some herbs need a maoi (working like zink to brass propellars) in order not to be broken down in the stomach before it enters the gastrointestinal tract. Others have their effects everything from enhanced to cancelled by other compounds. Knowing this is highly useful. Some herbs make good companions, others form more destructive relationships. Knowing how to process salicylic acid from willow bark is useful in a post-apocalyptic renaissance where all the farmacies are burnt to dust, but I see no problem in buying it over the counter together with some H2O2 at the local pharmacy to treat those "bubonic" bleeders still hangin' in there on my far side. Eating zink supplement frees vitamin-A from the liver and lowers tallow and puss levels in cases of acne. Had to figure this stuff out meself, no doctor ever suggested these treatments, all I ever got was big pharma prescriptions that had little to no effect whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I don't know about Tobasco specifically but there has actually been a lot of studies done on Cayenne (Capsicum) that proves that a bit of cayenne taken with herbal medicines greatly increase the speed and effectiveness of absorption as it's such a good circulatory and digestive herb.

reply to post by Utnapisjtim

There's a lot to be said as well about different herbs containing numerous complimentary properties in themselves that serve to counteract and balance out the negative traits of other constituents. When isolating certain compounds and using them exclusively like your example of the Salicylic Acid in Aspirin, you can cause all sorts of problems for people like stomach cramps and pain, gastrointestinal bleeding, stomach ulcers, etc. When you take a look at the plant Aspirin was originally derived from however (before the Willow), Meadowsweet (Filipendula Ulmaria) while still being high in salicylic acid, also has high mucilaginous properties which serve to counteract the negative effects of the salicylic acid. It coats and soothes the stomach and digestive tract and acts as a barrier, protecting from GI bleeding, ulcers and pretty much all the other negative effects that salicylic acid by itself can cause.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonder

Just noticed the Flower of Life in your avatar

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Flowers within flowers and then some. All very interesting

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Sonder

Flowers within flowers and then some. All very interesting

Yeah, I can stare at it forever, imagening all kinds of things within the intersecting circle matrix. Like the ten sefirot and the tetractys and more.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
From now on I will post the daily updates to the "Herbs of Utnapisjtim" series into it's Master thread. This was a wish from the admin, and I have to adhere. The OP will be continually updated to include the new additions of herbal species as I will continue to try posting about once a day, only from now on I will stick to the Master Thread. The first herb following this pattern that has been added is Nettles (the link will send you to the Master Thread:

[9] Nettles [Urtica Dioica] ==> www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks to all of you for all the stars and flags, encouraging and rewarding words and nods, and most importantly for having added generously to the quality of these threads! Hope you remain through the transition into the one-thread world.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join