It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there so many rude people on ATS these days?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I have grown in mine time here. This place has taught me how to argue. It has taught me how to be critical.

I am still learning.

Thanks ATS.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Plain and simple, because of people like the OP. Let me call the WHAAAAMBULANCE!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

I've been coming on ATS for about 3 years and only officially joined a couple of days ago because I wanted to ask Stanton Friedman a question. Like the other post said, if something happens in the news, I go to ATS first to get a like-minded take on what's really going on. In my 3+ years going sifting through ATS, I have to say that the positive far outweighs the negative..nothing like the the posters on say yahoo. I think, as paranoid as it sounds, that there has to be members on here that their sole purpose is to frustrate the veterans and spread disinformation in effort to stagnate the truth.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
i like to think im only rude back
if i think they might get rude in the future
i try to hit them back first

*sigh* my english coach was my hockey teacher...
so you just
or ill pull your sweater over your head and pound you

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If I seem rude, it's because I'm a bit rough on the edges. I may be a little odd at times, and I know I often say things bluntly. And even though it might be obvious when I call somebody on something, I'm usually polite enough about it not to resort to name calling or anything out of TOS.

Thing is, some of the people I may seem rude towards are the same ones I'll agree with on other topics (or even aspects of the same topic) and star them on posts where they make a pretty good point. Of course I don't simply post to say "I'm starring so-and-so for whatever". That aspect makes the other half of the give and take go unseen. Seems the way how most things work at web forums though, even though it doesn't always make things look pretty.

Overall, that's also the internet for ya. Advice from the mods to "grow a thicker skin" is pretty good actually.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

In my option the site has basically gone more towards the mainstream path and less towards intellectual debate. What I mean by that is in the mainstream path people tend to get angry when someone else makes a statement about something that is different from what they believe. Instead of researching it and debating with logical and provable stand points.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Just wait until the election cycle ramps up lol.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Rude here? Yep, but theyre even more annoying in real life. AT least here you can log off.

TKDRL

Thats when I'll take another 2 year vacation and forget my sign in and password again.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Honestly, I feel that the greater a member is (counting stars, posts, flags etc.) The worse are their mannors.
These people have a tendency to "know-it-all" and have the open minded ness of the MSM.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

TKDRL

Taken in the right spirit; that's when ATS really shines, as denying ignorance, manners and self control are completely obliterated.

It's fun in the mud pit!!! And a real joy to watch the true believers squirm.
edit on 15-3-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

People Disgust Me.. While at Costco, something caught my attention in the corner of my eye. A woman was trying to get anyone's attention to assist at the flower kiosk to help her reach a bouquet of roses she wanted to buy, but no one was stopping- in fact, some reached right over the elderly woman's head to get their own flowers. The reason they were able to so easily reach over her head is that she was in a wheelchair.
I pushed my cart to the side and quickly went to her and asked her which bouquet she wanted and I pulled it out. When I forgot that these flowers were sitting in water and I pulled them out, we both got wet and had a laugh! I bagged them up, and went to give them to her and asked her where she would like me to put them.
"right here." as she jesters to her arms and lap. I t is here that I notice that she also doesn't have any hands to hold onto her beautiful flowers. But she buys flowers... because she still has other senses to enjoy her world with , and God dammit, she's going to make a beautiful day for herself, even when the world around her doesn't stop to smell the roses. This true story happened to my cousin. His actions reminds me of how we were raised. You see the rude people are all over, not just here on ATS. The world is lacking in empathy. Pretty sad. But at least one person is trying to make it better for someone else. There is still a glimmer of hope.

edit on 15-3-2014 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Personally, I wish ATS had the option to allow the OP of the topic to block certain members from the thread they create.

Even if it only allows blocking say, ~ 3 or 5.

There are "certain members" that are just down right rude and nasty. I know of (3) I would immediately block from the beginning. It's always the same ones, they contribute nothing to the thread. They only contribute anger, hate and have one purpose.

They want an argument.

That's just my opinion.

FYI ~ Those (3) have not landed on this thread.
(yet)..............

edit on 15-3-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Tarzan the apeman.

Real life?
I was meaning on line where people can hide..
...good story though

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

True story, but that is me taking my cousin Craig's word for it , and he is a good egg.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join