It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MS 13 secretly backing ruling party for several years, US concerned.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
*on mobile so bear with me*

No surprise that El Salvador’s, as well as America's, most vicious gang has been backing the ruling parties.

The ultraviolent Mara Salvatrucha street gang, a k a MS-13 — whose 10,000 members sow murder and mayhem in dozens of American cities — has been secretly backing El Salvador’s ruling party for several years, according to evidence that has emerged in recent weeks.

President Mauricio Funes has admitted to personally approving payoffs, prostitutes and other privileges for gang kingpins in exchange for their political support. If Funes’ FMLN party, which originated as a guerrilla movement in the 1980s, wins the March 9 presidential election, El Salvador may become a haven for gangs and narco-traffickers, with dire consequences for the United States.

nypost.com...

With opposing sides, It's seems our central American brothers & sisters might not see the change they need, and consequences might follow those of us in the USA. I personally am not liking this, but was it Inevitable? Yes. What can be done about it, if anything? What could we do? With their ultra violent presence here in America(and as a transcontinental gang) , would/should we consider them an enemy of our nation? How far should we go to disassemble this monster? Discussion appreciated.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumDeath

Interesting,

Gang members could become classified as enemy combatants or terrorists should the US decide to "Declare war on gangs". I could see police departments getting behind that idea.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Then we have this "We have a news tonight about American troops liberating El Salvador from terrorists"

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Every single gangster in the US should be dealt with as a domestic terrorist. By joining a gang, people agree to conspire to steal, rape, kill, import and sell dangerous drugs, and extort money from innocent people. It doesn't get any more terrorist than that.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Just bring back the hit squads. In, out, nobody knows what happened.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I am always suspicious of any "gang" talk since almost any freely associated group of people could fall within the targeting criteria.

That said, %$@&$^, when they start assassinating your sheriffs and taking hostages, we are at war.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Not defending them but historically gangsters like Al Capone get lots of respect. In fact many gangs get lots of respect from depending on who you ask. So it's gonna be hard to view them as terrorist for some people
edit on 9-3-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Carefull. Jesus had a gang. Lots of money has been extorted by their shenigans over the years.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

starwarsisreal
reply to post by watchitburn

Then we have this "We have a news tonight about American troops liberating El Salvador from terrorists"

They're sick hombres, from drug trafficking to murder, on down to child prostitutes.

m.fbi.gov...://www.fbi.gov/washingtondc/press-releases/2012/ms-13-gang-member-pleads-guilty-to-child-sex-trafficking

They're not exactly the guys that would leave you alive after a holdup either.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It's cool to say all gangs are enemy combatant except there is no clear legal definition of what a gangmember is in all states and you could end branded as a gangmember, as the juggalos are.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
What about the gang of neocons? Sounds like they have been up to some down and dirty tricks as well? What if they labeled all democrats as evil gang members due to some minor policy stance and just took all political power through elimination of the competition?

Is there not already enough laws in America do deal with murder, drugs and other crimes? With only 6 degrees of separation everyone is guilty of association one way or another.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

greencmp

I am always suspicious of any "gang" talk since almost any freely associated group of people could fall within the targeting criteria.

That said, %$@&$^, when they start assassinating your sheriffs and taking hostages, we are at war.

MS 13 gang leaders have put a hit out on an ICE agent in one instance, but it was foiled. I'm sure they'll be willing to go further anyone looking to cripple their "business".

m.nydailynews.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

lol that link is just to a news site, specifics?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

Did you click it? For whatever reason it doesn't show the entire link on my post.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

lol yea but it just takes me to the news site and Im looking through all the headlines.

Its ok I can just google more articles. They aren't saints thats for sure.

edit on 9-3-2014 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

QuantumDeath

greencmp

MS 13 gang leaders have put a hit out on an ICE agent in one instance, but it was foiled. I'm sure they'll be willing to go further anyone looking to cripple their "business".

m.nydailynews.com...

DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE GANG THAT PUT OUT A HIT ON JFK?
OR THE GANG THAT MASTERMINDED 9/11.....?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

So it would be just like Mexico, except with government assistance/approval?
edit on 10-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Xcathdra

So it would be just like Mexico, except with government assistance/approval?
edit on 10-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

Yeah, something like that from what it sounds like.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Ms-13 are the Al-Qaeda equivalent of Latin America.
By that I mean they both came out of clandestine US Government projects designed to destabilise regimes.

Al-Qaeda came about when the CIA used Afghanistan as a proxy to fight the Soviets;money,weapons poured in and turned the tide in favor of the then afghan "freedom fighters" -It worked too,but the blowback was severe,as we all know.
(todays Jihadi AQ)

MS-13 began from the "School of the Americas"-a hideous covert US program to create by training and funding,death squads who would overthrow leaders,torture and murder opponents,in order to install US friendly dictators in Latin America.

But they have also gone into blowback mode-now they run drugs and murder all across the US.

And the US government is pissed off with them????
Puuuurleeeeze.
It almost sounds like they don't behave in that manner anymore-that they have learned lessons from the past maybe?

BUT IT IS NOT SO...

Who has recently been found to be teaming up with the sinaloa cartel,one of mexicos most bloodthirsy dealers of death?
Oh yeah,the US DEA-allowing them to import drugs and weapons in return for info on some other cartels no less...

Look it up folks,its all true.
Who are the bad guys,someone please remind me?

new topics

top topics

join