It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Scrambles Jets In Response To Chinese Military Planes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

"Just in case the world did not have enough potential geopolitical flashpoints and near-crises, here comes old faithful - the simmering nationalist rivalry between China and Japan, which may have been pushed to the backburner in light of the grand return of Cold War 2.0, but is neither forgotten nor resolved. In fact, recent developments which have seen Japan fully back the US strategy in Ukraine while China has voiced its support for Russia, will probably only enflame the direct tension between the two Asian superpowers. Moments ago we got the latest manifestation of precisely this when Japan scrambled military jets on Sunday to counter three Chinese military planes that flew near Japanese airspace, defence officials said."

www.zerohedge.com...

I suppose this would get much more attention if it weren't for what is going on in Ukraine. It's a pretty big deal. If this happened in the United States people would be in their bunkers.
edit on 9-3-2014 by devildogUSMC because: put quotes and added text

edit on 9-3-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: fixed source link, added external tags

edit on 3/10/2014 by Mirthful Me because: All Caps Title...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

This does happen in the US... Russia messes around by the Alaskan airspace on a normal basis, just to test our response time. Nothing more than tangible saber rattling.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
People in their bunkers. Really? I have been under the impression (Because we read about it or hear pilots interviewed etc.,) that foreign powers buzz our perimeters on a regular basis. Maybe they want to test responses, response times, or what kind of planes are dispatched, etc., or a peeing contest or what have you. They didn't breach air space perimeters, so why do you think this is such a big deal?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Yup...one part of the world is the focus, while the rest is being ignored.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Japan scrambled fighters against Chinese and Russian aircraft something like 200 times last year. Nothing new here.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Maybe there will be a proxy war in that theater given the positions of the Asian rivals on the issue presenting itself center-stage?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Rest assured that NO COUNTRY with greedy eyes will let this crisis go to waste......
Every contentious trouble spot has its special pressure value which will be exploited by all concerned....
I don't think things will exactly calm down for a while....

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

devildogUSMC
Maybe there will be a proxy war in that theater given the positions of the Asian rivals on the issue presenting itself center-stage?
\

How very vague of you... I seem to be drawing a blank at the moment, my apologies.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I am curious when the big move is going to occur. If we look at the last few years there is a pattern forming.

Middle East - Iran / Syria
Asia - China / Japan / Taiwan / S. Korea / N. Korea / Russia / Turkey
Europe - Russia / Ukraine / Crimea / Turkey

Every time we have a flair up, enough time is given for the use to reposition itself and then boom, it dies down and a flair up occurs very quickly in another part.

Middle East - Arab Spring / Libya / Syria / Iran / Israel / Persian Golf - threats to shut down the gulf, resulting in the US deploying some major naval assets. Syria and its chemical weapons, Iran and its nuclear program. Some progress is made and then -

Asia - China starts doing their Charlemagne impression, deciding they own the whole of the South China Sea. That in turn sets off a flurry of move - counter move, resulting in the US shifting its policies around and making the Pacific a focal point to counter Chinese influence / threats. When things seem to stabalize
then -

Russia longs for the days of the Soviet Union and embarks on its role as the Act 5 villains out of hamlet. Since we are busy looking elsewhere, Russian decides to invade Ukraine. Now we are once again shifting focus back to Europe.

I give it a few months and we will see another major incident occur, either back in the ME or Asia.
edit on 10-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Very funny references and very true. It's like there acting out some play.

top topics

join