It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm trying to believe in God, Part 2

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

droid56
The doctrines are designed to control us.

Really? Which ones? Which religion?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Here is the best advice I can give personally. Start with what you know and can verify as real to you. God is just a label, it really is nothing but scares the bejesus out of people. Ok no pun intended there.

I am not saying magnificence does not exist but for such a thing to be quantified into anything that can be labelled should be the first clue that logic goes out the window.

I can prove the existence of an Atom, the power has been displayed though nuclear energy. Now if you are made up of Atoms along with everything else, and you are also self aware of yourself and other animal,vegetable or minerals. It stands to reason the Atom is as good as it gets when it comes to omnipotent intelligence. You know since we are intelligent and made of Atoms and are also self aware.

The only question really is are the Atoms individually self aware within your body. Where do you think thoughts come from? How can people heal with thought? How can people direct the flow of Chi with thought and focus.

This is just a concept for you, I wouldn't want people to get worried about dyeing or anything and going to hell. lol
edit on 9-3-2014 by UltraverseMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Christian version of god right??? Why not try Islam? or Judaism, Buddhism, Taoism, etc.... Don't put yourself in a box.... This is why I'm Agnostic, on gf's account she's buddhist.. If you're trying to believe in one religion you are wasting your time.. Just follow one golden rule, treat others as you would treat yourself and all is good!

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Indeed, we can't expect us to experience what God does we are not equipped for that. For now we are in a duality paradigm and we have to make the best of it with knowing right from wrong. God has laid down his word and clearly explains what is right and wrong. Eternal life comes for the sum of our choices.

That is what I believe. I can't prove it. I believe it.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by miss_sky

One God - many religions.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

No God? Many religions.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Ofcourse, out of your perspective, which is probably that of some kind of #eating insect.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

droid56
I have to admit that my belief in God has been wavering in recent years. So maybe you can help me.

God has always existed by definition. So if you tried to express the time before God created the physical universe and the non-physical universes, no number no matter how many zeroes are at the end of the number would be sufficient.

So what did God do for the billion times a billion times a billion times a billion infinities before he created something other than himself? Just exist in perfection?

Questions like this make me feel like the idea of God is somewhat ludicrous. But I am still not totally sure God doesn't exist.
edit on 8-3-2014 by droid56 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2014 by droid56 because: (no reason given)

As some of you pointed out on this thread, God is not something you should try to comprehend at this point. I say, "at this point," because you will understand God eventually. After all, the Universe you are living in right now is ONE with God. You are part of this Universe; therefore you are also part of God. The higher you raise your consciousness, the more you will understand God's vastness.

As I always say, to know yourself is to know God. This short phrase signifies your learning process to come back to ONENESS with God. Why do people join religions and try to walk the Spiritual path? People do this to find a Way to come back to remembrance of merging with God. I say "remembrance" because you have this knowledge. It's just that when you entered the physical world, you have lost almost all knowledge of your Spirit--Your True Being--Full Potential. This is the only way you will ever understand God's infinite nature. No matter what people or books try to explain to you about God, you will never understand completely. You continue to be baffled and stuck in your images of God. The only way to truly know is to experience God yourself.

Read this post I wrote a while back. It will explain a little more about experiencing God.

Stop trying to believe in God and start looking inside you for God. This is the only way to experience God.

Here is a recent post I made about merging with God. The process of getting back to being ONE with God takes love, patience, courage, great interest in expanding your wisdom, great desire for God, and incredible focus. But the end result is you will obtain the Greatest Treasure in all the Universes combined. Do you want this Great Treasure? Do you really WANT it like a drowning man who needs air?

With that, I will give you one of my earlier posts that spoke about the Origins of God. I remind you that, depending on your current consciousness level, you will understand these things differently each time you read it. Because as your mind is raised closer and closer to ONENESS with God, your understanding of God increases and grows deeper within.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join