It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zarqawi Audiotape

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
A new Zarqawi audiotape has surfaced, this one is critizing Muslim scholars for not speaking out against the US.

BAGHDAD, Iraq � An audiotape purportedly made by Jordanian terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi lashed out Wednesday at Muslim scholars for not speaking out against U.S. actions in Iraq and Afghanistan, saying they have "let us down in the darkest circumstances."

www.foxnews.com...

Is this another "call to arms" I hope it is not intended to break the inertia and spur them into further action. It also may have been a threat against the Scholars themselves.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Wow. Zarqawi needs to be carefull here. Alienation of the relegious majority in Iraq could be trouble for him. This goes back to my theories guys: These people care nothing for the Iraqi people, its all about thier personal agenda's vs. the Amercans. And they are using and manipulationg the Iraqi people to serve thier purposes. BAH!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
wait...FOX News? Thats a bigger story!!! Fox actually has the scoop on a story before CNN!!

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Skippy, FOX actually does have alot of news before CNN believe it or not.

Anyhow, the Iraqi insurgents are already getting themselves into some trouble here. They are upsetting more Iraqi citizens on a daily basis and I think that they are losing the support base they once had. As the get more desperate, the things they do inherently get worse.

As these acts that they commit become worse, the more Iraqi people suffer. They have two choices, 1) Get with the program and try to use the newly installed system to its advantage and exploit it or 2) die.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I know we hate short answers, but..

A Zarqawi tape surfacing and being first reported by Fox news? yea right!.. more like US propaganda to break the unity between religous leaders supporting jihadists in Iraq now that the insurgency is breaking.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Actually, syntaxer you bring up an interesting angle on this. How does Fox get a story like this first? And isnt Fox in bed with Dubya? Things that make you go Mmmmm....

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
I know we hate short answers, but..

A Zarqawi tape surfacing and being first reported by Fox news? yea right!.. more like US propaganda to break the unity between religous leaders supporting jihadists in Iraq now that the insurgency is breaking.

As opposed to a Dan Rather breaking story that ends up being a lie? Come on, try your best not to take the lead in the stupidity contest. If I was to give one answer on why America is in a detestable state, it would be that our people, no matter left-wing/ right-wing are so narrowminded that they can't even concede the fact that their beliefs aren't always right.

I was going to spout off some more, but the more I think about it, what's the damn point....

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Actually I believe the story was broken by Bloomberg.

At least, that's where I found it.

Zarqawi Accuses Iraqi Theologians of Abandoning Jihad
Nov. 24 (Bloomberg) -- Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the al-Qaeda- linked terrorist responsible for attacks across Iraq, accused the country's Muslim theologians of abandoning the jihad, or holy war, indicating his group may be losing some support.

``You have betrayed us in the darkest circumstances,'' said a statement posted on the Internet. ``You have left the mujahadeen alone to confront the biggest enemy.''

www.bloomberg.com...

Translation:

HELP US! THE INFIDELS ARE KICKING OUR ASSES!

By the way:

[009.038-39] O you who believe! What is the matter with you, that when you are asked to march forth in the cause of All�h (Jih�d) you cling heavily to the earth? Are you pleased with the life of this world rather than the Hereafter? But little is the enjoyment of the life of this world compared to the Hereafter. If you march not forth, He will punish you with a painful torment and will replace you by another people.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

As opposed to a Dan Rather breaking story that ends up being a lie? Come on, try your best not to take the lead in the stupidity contest. If I was to give one answer on why America is in a detestable state, it would be that our people, no matter left-wing/ right-wing are so narrowminded that they can't even concede the fact that their beliefs aren't always right.

I was going to spout off some more, but the more I think about it, what's the damn point....

I'm a firm believer that those CBS documents were legitimate but altered by the source to discredit any attempt in attacking Bush's service records during the elections.

If i scanned a type writen document into a computer does that alter the substance or discredit the authenticity?

We now bow to you our master, Carl Rove.. Oaawmm Oaawmm!

Why would Zarqawi during a time of war expose himself on an audio tape as being weak, destroying his very limited alliances?

It's propaganda maaa'aan!

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
    [008.065] O Prophet (Muhammad SAW)! Urge the believers to fight. If there are twenty steadfast persons amongst you, they will overcome two hundred, and if there be a hundred steadfast persons they will overcome a thousand of those who disbelieve, because they (the disbelievers) are people who do not understand.
To the devout of faith, the infidels are not destroying the jihadists because the infidels are better trained or better equipped or even more numerous; the Muslims are losing because Allah is punishing them for their lack of faith.

I find your lack of faith disturbing...~Allah

It was Darth Vader, but who's paying attention anyway?

[edit on 24-11-2004 by Ibn Iblis]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
I'm a firm believer that those CBS documents were legitimate but altered by the source to discredit any attempt in attacking Bush's service records during the elections.

It's propaganda maaa'aan!

It's paranoid schizophrenia maaa'aan!

The 'unimpeachable source' that provided CBS with the documents was a known democratic hack. Countless document experts examined them and stated unequivocably that they were forged forged forged.

Also known as fake, not authentic, "Louis Friend"/iron sulfide aka "fool's gold", etc...you get the picture.

Not like facts matter to you conspiracy crazies, especially when they make Bush look good...but them's the facts.

[edit on 24-11-2004 by Ibn Iblis]

top topics

join